FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G

Thanks Meter: 1,914
 
By mr-cook, Recognized Contributor on 9th November 2012, 08:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd February 2013, 10:19 PM |#1441  
EzSqueezeCheese's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMurphy

Usually until your next bill cycle.

Sent from the i777

I was throttled 7 days into my cycle with only consuming like 130mbs. This bulls hit.
 
 
23rd February 2013, 12:04 AM |#1442  
SteveMurphy's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,446
 
More
Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSqueezeCheese

I was throttled 7 days into my cycle with only consuming like 130mbs. This bulls hit.

Yes it absolutely is. And thanks for the link, mr-cook, that's a great method.

Sent from the i777
23rd February 2013, 03:04 AM |#1443  
EzSqueezeCheese's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Success! Thank you, sir.
23rd February 2013, 03:30 AM |#1444  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,914
 
More
Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSqueezeCheese

Success! Thank you, sir.

?

Sent from my SGH-S959G
23rd February 2013, 04:33 AM |#1445  
EzSqueezeCheese's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

?

Sent from my SGH-S959G

Called straight talk and whined with the advice that was on the forum you linked.
23rd February 2013, 05:47 AM |#1446  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
I have a Q about AJ kernel I was reading up on it and wow lots of settings lol have you guys got a specific way you have it set up to save on battery or just installed it and it does better than the other ones?
23rd February 2013, 06:28 AM |#1447  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,914
 
More
Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoCKOwNz

I have a Q about AJ kernel I was reading up on it and wow lots of settings lol have you guys got a specific way you have it set up to save on battery or just installed it and it does better than the other ones?

I'm on the latest v1.6, and right now I have it on all default settings. It does very good as is.
There are selectable profiles like battery, extreme battery, performance, etc... besides all the adjustable options.
It requires the PhilZ CWM from the OP here, if you don't already have it.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
The Following User Says Thank You to mr-cook For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 06:58 AM |#1448  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

I'm on the latest v1.6, and right now I have it on all default settings. It does very good as is.
There are selectable profiles like battery, extreme battery, performance, etc... besides all the adjustable options.
It requires the PhilZ CWM from the OP here, if you don't already have it.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

sounds good thank you mr-cook I have been on shostock3 for a little while now getting the feel of jelly bean it runs so nice on here, battery was only fault I am really seeing its not horrible but was a slight battery hog I just got the AJK installed so I will play with it and see if it improves any, thanks for all the advice and work you have put into this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoCKOwNz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 12:28 PM |#1449  
SteveMurphy's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,446
 
More
Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoCKOwNz

sounds good thank you mr-cook I have been on shostock3 for a little while now getting the feel of jelly bean it runs so nice on here, battery was only fault I am really seeing its not horrible but was a slight battery hog I just got the AJK installed so I will play with it and see if it improves any, thanks for all the advice and work you have put into this thread.

Just keep in mind it takes several charging cycles to really tell how the battery life is. Let it settle in a bit before deciding to change the kernel - you may be surprised by how good the default k is after a while.

Sent from the i777
23rd February 2013, 01:48 PM |#1450  
EzSqueezeCheese's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

I'm on the latest v1.6, and right now I have it on all default settings. It does very good as is.
There are selectable profiles like battery, extreme battery, performance, etc... besides all the adjustable options.
It requires the PhilZ CWM from the OP here, if you don't already have it.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

I'm still on v1.3. How's v1.6 working?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes