Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT]MTK Android (Sp flash tool ) tutorial

Tip us?

DR_MOOSAVI
Old
(Last edited by DR_MOOSAVI; 5th January 2014 at 09:59 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 315
Tutorial [TUT]MTK Android (Sp flash tool ) tutorial

What's needed:
  • USB data cable
  • MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
  • SP Flash Tool ( Latest version MTK Flash Tool v. 5.1343.01 (18.10.2013))

• First of all, make sure that you have MediaTek DA USB VCOM drivers installed.
Flashing the whole ROM
  • First of all open SP Flash Tool, then click Scatter-loading button to load the correct scatter file
    (MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt or MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, depending on which phone you have) for your device and ignore any message that may appear.

• Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
  • Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
    The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.

• After the red progress bar is complete, there will appear a purple progress bar.

• Right after the purple progress bar is complete, a message will appear underneath it:
    Please insert USB cable in x seconds” and then the download will start right away (you will see the yellow progress bar filling up).

• When the yellow bar is complete, you'll get a popup with a green circle and Download OK message,
    which means that the process has been successfully terminated.

• You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on. The process ends here.
Flashing only part of the ROM
  • In case you want to flash just one part of the ROM, that is also possible. In the shown example, only recovery image will be flashed.
    Deselect all parts except the one(s) you want to flash and then press F9 (or hit Download button).

• The tool will immediately show a warning because not all parts are selected, but you should continue anyway. Safely press Yes to continue.

• The download of the chosen partition image will start and after the yellow bar is complete, the popup with the green circle should appear.

• Please note that, even though it isn't mandatory to select it on the list of images to flash,
    preloader file must be present in the same folder as the other partition(s) that you want to flash, or else phone will not be able to enter into download mode.

Attention: Please follow the instructions carefully. I will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your phone.

Very important warning: Always make sure that you trust the sources of the ROM you download and know that it is meant for your phone.
After flashing a wrong preloader, your phone will be completely dead (can't be powered on, it will not charge and won't be detected anymore by the computer) and there is no way to recover it.
================
[Tool]SP FlashTool ||MTK Android FLASHER
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982576
======================
Mediatek - Flash Tool - Info page
Mediatek - Flash Tool - Downlaod page

SP Flash Tool v. 3.1224.0212 (01.11.2013)

MTK Flash Tool v. 5.1320.00 (23.05.2013)
MTK Flash Tool v. 5.1343.01 (18.10.2013)

SP Flash Tool are for SmartPhone products
MT6573\72 Innovative Platform for Mainstream Smartphones
MT6575 Dual-SIM smartphone platform for the mainstream market
MT6577 1 GHz Dual-Core Smartphone Platform
MT6582 Quad-Core Cortex-A7 1.2GHz+CPU Smartphone Platform
MT6589 Quad-Core Cortex-A7 1GHz+CPU Smartphone Platform

MTK Flash Tool is for Feature Phone chips
MT6223 GSM/GPRS solution for ULC/ULC+ market
MT6235 GSM/GPRS/EDGE solution for Mainstream Multimedia
MT6236 GSM/GPRS/EDGE Feature- rich Multimedia solution
MT6238 GSM/GPRS/EDGE Premium Multimedia solution
MT6239 GSM/GPRS/EDGE Premium Multimedia solution
MT6250 Single- Chip GSM/GPRS/EDGE- RX entry- multimedia solution
MT6252 GSM/GPRS/EGPRS entry- multimedia single chip solution
MT6253 Single- Chip GSM/GPRS entry- multimedia solution
MT6255 Single- Chip GSM/GPRS/EDGE- RX Smart Feature Phone solution
MT6268 High- end EDGE/GPRS/WCDMA Feature Rich Multimedia Phone Solution
MT6276M HSPA Data Modem Solution
MT6516 EDGE/GPRS Feature Rich Multimedia Smart Phone Entry Solution

MTK Flash tool v. 5.x fix a critical bug about SP Flash Tool 3.x where the SP Flashtool reads iincorrectly the scatter file of some new mobile based on MTK6582 (error: recovery partition is not flashable).
The Following 96 Users Say Thank You to DR_MOOSAVI For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EGY_STARS
Old
Thanks Meter 12
thanks DR_MOOSAVI, nice contribution.

I wish you could also continue the tutorial but this time for explaining how to perform a READ BACK for creating a full ROM backup please..

thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to EGY_STARS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wassgha
Old
Thanks Meter 71
I think i flashed a wrong preloader on my MTK6577 HDC ONE X PRO , is there any way to recover it? :/

Abhishekkoni
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Dude m new to xda I need to know can I update cyntus T2 rom from stock v1 rom if can plz send me the link asap and vl vividness of the display fade in t2 rom? And most importantly what's the internal memory for apps can I get? Plz rply asap

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app

proud owner of micromax a110 running stock jb and g5 running cm 10

johnmilthon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
what's the difference between download and firmware update?

gaffneyman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I get 100% on the red bar, but it just sits there afterwards.I've let it run for as much as 45 min and never get the purple bar. What am I not understanding?

kinyanza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Alcatel ot 918

I also got the same problem i flashed the wrong preloader and now the phone wont boot or display anything. Please help, is there any work around?

Caliber1963
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

Great tutorial, but i have been searching for hours and i can't find a site to download SP Flash tool.
Can you provide a download link plz.

Thank you,

Caliber

jhusly
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi!

Do you think this method would be applicable with this phone?

Its also an S3 clone with a quadcore on it! Quad-core might just be a word? Maybe, but it scores a whooping 9899 in antutu.

I'll be getting this phone next week so Im starting to dig for some rooting method.

TIA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101229194_095236477da86a7948b957afb909bfeaa43d6c6364ccba8ba.jpg
Views:	4450
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1637731   Click image for larger version

Name:	101229179_0951413047f040256d3ec77a3acce4c8eba44634dbdb9d4e6.jpg
Views:	4003
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1637732  

gerardarmando
Old
Thanks Meter 0
(ZTE V970M) I couldn't install stock rom... so i clicked "FORMAT" and could install the stock rom again... but the phone won't go further than the bootanimation... if i enter the recovery mode, it says it's missing the cache... and can't mount the sd card... what should i do?

i can't do firmware upgrade because it asks for all files and i don't have the one for CACHE... :/