[Rom Format] Devs please read
Below is a format that is a guideline to be used as an example of how a rom thread should look. It doesn't have to be exact. I suggest that you stay creative and use all the features in the advanced panel when creating a thread.
- Name of rom, team, etc
- Changelog in code or list tags
- What's included in the rom in the (apps, tweaks, scripts, addons, mods) in code or list tags
- What works/what doesn't work in code or php tags
- Credits (Users name-with link to (profile/github/or thread u got tweak from embedded), and what they did to help you)
- Screenshots (2-10 different screenshots of different aspects of rom)
- Kernel with either link to thread you got it from or github (if stock sense or cm please state that and that is enough)
- Instructions on how to install the rom (also if special instruction for a2sd or beats audio...etc)
- Do's and Don'ts of the rom
- Questions & Answers section (I find this helpful to write out asked questions with solutions at the bottom of the op. I find that it cuts down on the question being asked a million times)
- Finally the dl link
- Additional add-ons (this can go into first post or reserved posts after)
I find the embedded link looks and feels better throughout the op if possible.
All sections should have a header with enlarged text and spaced out so people can read it easily.
I am hoping that this helps to make this section a little cleaner and easier. enjoy
The way I look at this is that it takes you weeks/days/hours to make these roms....we can take the time out to make sure that the op looks professional and clean
Not to toot my own horn but here is a link to one of my own rom threads as an example. Link
Also Make sure the op is fully ready before posting. I know we all get excited to release a rom but stating that half the stuff will be updated as time permits just shows that you are lazy and in a hurry which doesn't look good cause if thats the case then how does your rom run....
No posting a a rom thread without a DL link either. If posted then the thread will be removed
This has been created to let those who do not know what is allowed in development.
Things you CAN
create a new thread for in Development
1. Roms (You created it or Ported it with permission)
2. Kernels (You compiled it and is GPL compliant)
3. System Dumps (Only one thread per new system dump)
(First one wins the rest will be deleted)
4. S-Off Tool Kits (You created it)
5. Scripts (You created it)
6. If YOU created it you may post it
Credits must be given in your threads for whatever help you have received when creating something. If you port something then give credits and links to the where you ported it from. This goes for mods that you port as well. Permission must be given if you port a rom from another section. This is to prevent the originator from getting upset and there being a flame war between developers. We are all here for fun and as a hobby so lets all be friendly and do the right thing.
Things you may NOT
create a new thread in Development for
3. Roms YOU DID NOT
create or port
4. Kernel YOU DID NOT
5. S-Off Tool Kit YOU DID NOT
6. Scripts YOU DID NOT
9. IF YOU DID NOT CREATE IT OR PORT IT THEN DO NOT MAKE A THREAD FOR IT
Threads that are created that fall into the DO NOT CREATE
list will be either deleted or moved. If you continually create new threads in the Development section that fall into the DO NOT CREATE
you will start receiving Infractions or a Ban
[SIZE="5"]PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL[/SIZE]
and know where the sections are.
- is for general chat about your note II
QUESTION & ANSWERS
- This is for getting Questions and Answers
- For something you CREATED
THEMES & APPS
- For themes and apps that you have created, found or ported