Below you'll find info on how to install and run the CyanogenMod File Manager (CMFM) on any Android device running ICS or higher.
Thanks to jruesga and the CyanogenMod team for releasing this awesome app.
Starting 2013-07 I'm only building the F-Droid branch. The package name of the F-Droid branch is com.cyanogenmod.filemanager.ics. Because of this versions prior to 2013-07 will have a different package.
Latest Build: 188.8.131.52
- Sync with upstream
Install Method 1
- Download APK from below
- Try standard install of an apk
Install Method 2
- Download and install F-Droid from fdroid.org
- Refresh the repo's
- Install the latest CyanogenMod Filemanager back port
- NFC may not work right, if at all. I disabled some of the NFC code to get API level 14 compatibility
- If you run into a problem with the normal install process please try installing using the F-Droid method mentioned above. Failing that you'll need to copy the apk file to /system/apps using a root file explorer.
The current build can be found as an attachment to this post, all builds can be found over on box: https://nuskunetworks.box.com/s/gz4c3hxlinp5umvduv4y
There is also an F-Droid repo at "https://nusku.net/fdroid/" that can be used for installation (see above for instructions).
Each release starting 2013/06 has a corresponding tag in the git repo. Tags are created when a build is known working and ready for release.
Issues / Tracker
Please post any issues found here or at the github issue tracker here (link). Please don't submit tickets to the CM team as this is an unofficial back port to ICS and non-CM ROMS.