Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][Apr 26] Perseus

Tip us?

AndreiLux
Old
(Last edited by AndreiLux; 26th April 2013 at 05:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13595

DONATE TO ME
Default [Kernel][Apr 26] Perseus

This is a direct port of my kernel on the international I9300 Galaxy S3 and sidekick to the international N7100/5 Note 2 kernels.

Recap of features:
  • CPU overclocking up to 1.8GHz and undervolting from 600mV to 1400mV.
  • GPU overclocking and undervolting.
  • GPU scaling reworked.
  • Screen sharpness and colour modifications.
  • Extended Pegasusq and improved Performance governors.
  • Removed Touch Booster and replaced with custom Flexrate mechanic.
  • Improved scheduler power management for improved idle residencies on auxiliary CPUs.
  • USB charging rate limit increased to 900mA.

This is supposed to be merely a proxy thread. Please refer to the N7100/5 thread for full changelogs, explanations, bug-reports and other issues. Kernel for specific device versions will be posted here.

This kernel is for the North American AT&T variant SGH-i317 and Canadian SGH-i317m for Rogers, Telus, Bell, and SaskTel. Versions for other variants are found in their respective forums.
Attached Files
File Type: tar Perseus-alpha36.3-i317.tar - [Click for QR Code] (6.16 MB, 1122 views)
File Type: zip Perseus-alpha36.3-i317-CWM.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.26 MB, 4173 views)
The Following 179 Users Say Thank You to AndreiLux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TREMER
Old
(Last edited by TREMER; 10th November 2012 at 03:40 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 567
@AndreiLux

Probably should mention in the op that this will work for i317m....to avoid it being asked a few times. There are many new users to Note 2.

Thanks!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TREMER For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blkghost22
Old
(Last edited by blkghost22; 10th November 2012 at 03:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 158
On this kernel... now wqiting game to see if its workimg... oc to 1800

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Jrockttu
Old
(Last edited by Jrockttu; 10th November 2012 at 04:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 476

DONATE TO ME
Is the Zip flashable in TWRP? (I know some are only scripted for CWM). Answer=yes. I flashed in TWRP with no problems.

Also, has anybody flashed this yet? I am going to try it, but don't want to be the first! (Edit: I see blkghost is).

Has anybody that flashed it noticed if it eliminates the lag waking the phone from deep sleep? This is what I intend to test first on the kernel. Edit: nope
Having problems with your Skyrocket battery? Read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1759541
The Following User Says Thank You to Jrockttu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BahamutLagoon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREMER View Post
@AndreiLux

Probably should mention in the op that this will work for i317m....to avoid it being asked a few times. There are many new users to Note 2.

Thanks!
I can confirm this as well (just tried and it works fine).

For those who aren't aware, the i317m is the Canadian Galaxy Note 2, so for Rogers, Telus, Bell, and SaskTel.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BahamutLagoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

garyd9
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1963
AndreiLux - no issues came up. Seems to run the same as it did on the n7100 (which makes perfectly good sense.)

Donations: I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling charitable, help a child by going to http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
and click the "Donate Now" link at the top.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndreiLux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13595

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREMER View Post
@AndreiLux

Thanks!
I added it, thanks for the heads up. Usually all variants with a post-fix will work, as they only have ROM related differences.

And the zip also works with TWRP.

antiochasylum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7619

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkghost22 View Post
On this kernel... now wqiting game to see if its workimg... oc to 1800

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
Flash it yourself if you want to see he's provided stock kernels for you if you don't like it or want to revert.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiLux View Post
I added it, thanks for the heads up. Usually all variants with a post-fix will work, as they only have ROM related differences.

And the zip also works with TWRP.
@AndreiLux - I assume your compiling from 317 sources? Is your source on GH, or do you provide tar balls?

Click below to see my teams work

Team Asylum CM 10.1 for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2 HSPA
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Nexus 4(mako)
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 For the N7000

Nexus One < Tab 7 < Xoom < Tab 10.1 < Nexus S < Galaxy S II < Tab 7 Plus < Galaxy Nexus < Galaxy Note N7K < Nexus 7 < Galaxy S III < AT&T Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II < Nexus 4 < Nexus 7 2013 < Galaxy Note 3 < Nexus 5

garyd9
Old
(Last edited by garyd9; 10th November 2012 at 04:22 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1963
I'll try to save people some headaches and questions (though I know most won't bother to read.)

You can use "setCPU" from the play store to set min/max speeds, voltages, etc.

On undervolting... Every SOC (processor) is different. You have to test your own, as the settings that work for someone else might crash yours. If you aren't comfortable doing that, you might just leave voltages alone. So far, I'm seeing much lower voltages (better undervolt) on my i317 when compared to my n7100. However, others with the n7100 were able to undervolt much further than I was. They all have the same SOC (processor.)

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiochasylum View Post
@AndreiLux - I assume your compiling from 317 sources? Is your source on GH, or do you provide tar balls?
You didn't read the OP?

edit: actually, that's kind of making assumptions... Follow the link in the OP for changelogs, etc. Source information is there as well.

Donations: I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling charitable, help a child by going to http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
and click the "Donate Now" link at the top.
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antiochasylum
Old
(Last edited by antiochasylum; 10th November 2012 at 04:25 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7619

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
I'll try to save people some headaches and questions (though I know most won't bother to read.)

You can use "setCPU" from the play store to set min/max speeds, voltages, etc.

On undervolting... Every SOC (processor) is different. You have to test your own, as the settings that work for someone else might crash yours. If you aren't comfortable doing that, you might just leave voltages alone. So far, I'm seeing much lower voltages (better undervolt) on my i317 when compared to my n7100. However, others with the n7100 were able to undervolt much further than I was. They all have the same SOC (processor.)

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

You didn't read the OP?
I did. But why post it in the 7100 thread? It might confuse people. Granted they are 98% the same.

My fault then. Apologies.

Edit: I've been awake almost 30 hours. So possibly why I missed it and doesn't make sense to me. Lol.

Click below to see my teams work

Team Asylum CM 10.1 for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2 HSPA
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Nexus 4(mako)
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 For the N7000

Nexus One < Tab 7 < Xoom < Tab 10.1 < Nexus S < Galaxy S II < Tab 7 Plus < Galaxy Nexus < Galaxy Note N7K < Nexus 7 < Galaxy S III < AT&T Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II < Nexus 4 < Nexus 7 2013 < Galaxy Note 3 < Nexus 5