OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70

144 posts
ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.8 by Lucky76
Beta 1
X
Acer Liquid Gallant Duo E350

PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING CAREFULLY FOLLOWING LINES. THANKS

WARNING As always do not take any responsibility for any of your brick * Gallant Duo E350 Acer Liquid, then these steps at your own risk, and please be sure to perform them only after you understand what you do and you understand the meaning.

Any operating errors could affect the use of your smartphone forcing you to send it in for repair in service.

Flashing is a dangerous action and should be done very carefully.

This is Porting of the famous Recovery mod to version 6.0.2.8 beta for our device. Should be functional enough and if you notice bugs please report here so I'll try to fix.

Then you will see the installation guide that is identical to that of the root and at the bottom of this post the link to the complete package of PaulOBrien including recovery of my mod.

Big Thanks to Bruno Martins have compiled this Recovery from cyano 10.1 source and i have ported for us device Acer Liquid Gallant Duo.

WARNING

1. If you already have done the Root of your Gallant duo continued with the guide below.

2. If you have not done the Root of your Gallant duo passed through the post from Root and follow the guide then return to this.

Installation Guide ClockworkMod

Tips Pre Flash

1. Having your own device with charge battery to 100%
2. Please read the guide below can be at least a couple of times prior to start.

Follow the step by step guide below:

1. Have necessarily like the Windows operating system (tested by me with win 7 64 bit)
2. Download the pack with the tools in the link below
3. Unzip the zip file you just downloaded to a directory on your PC.
4. Turn off your Duo Gallant and remove the battery
5. Connect your Gallant Duo to your PC via USB cable
6. The Gallant will not be recognized so you'll have to manually install the drivers in the zip file you downloaded and depending on your operating system (XP, Vista, 7).
7. Once you have installed the usb drivers properly you can run the program for the Flash file via the "flash_tools.exe." Good start it as an administrator with the right mouse button.
8. You will see the first line of the program Flash Tools "Download Agent" automatically compiled.
9. Disconnect the USB cable from your Gallant Duo and keep it without a battery.
10. Now you have to upload the file "MT6575_android_scatter_emmc.duo.modaco.txt" created by PaulOBrien and you'll have to click on the button to the left "Scatter-loading."
11. When you will open the window of Windows find this file in the folder going to scatter. Select file MT6575_android_scatter_emmc.duo.modaco.txt.
12. Now you have to choose what to Flashing. On the bottom window you will see many writings and in this case the Root you check the box next to the word RECOVERY.
13. After clicking within the area corresponding to the RECOVERY need to click just above the word RECOVERY.
14. We will open a new window in Windows and in this case you get inside the Images folder where you will find two files.
15. Now to install the ClockworkMod 6.0.1.5 you must click on the file cwm6.0.1.5.lucky76_1.img.
6. At this point you are ready to file the new Flashing the ClockworkMod recovery 6.0.1.5.

WARNING I remind you that you do this to flash your own risk. Flashing is dangerous and could result in an unusable vosto Device. So if you have it all figured out and you are sure and aware of what you're doing, continue with the steps below .......

17. To get started you will need the Flash at this point click on Download.
18. You will come out a dialog warning / alert with the yellow triangle and black exclamation mark telling you not all the images have been properly loaded .... etc..
19. Click on Yes
20. Hook up your Gallant Duo to your PC via the USB cable within a few seconds.
21. You'll see a line starting at the bottom gradually followed by a Red and Yellow and finally there will come a window with a Green Circle Square on side written Download OK.
22. Flash the new ClockworkMod recovery 6.0.1.5 is over/end.
23. Disconnect the USB cable from the Duo Gallant and replace the battery in the device.
24. Now before restarting usually have to go into recovery mode
25. To enter recovery mode you have to press and hold Vol + (up) and Power on the device with the Power button (starting of the engine). Hold down both buttons until you see from the new Recovery. Now you can release the Vol + and Power.
26. With the volume keys you can get on and off in the options of the new recovery. With the Power Button can confirm your choices in the various menus.
27. To restart go to the written reboot system now (System Reboot) ---> To select this option press the Power button as mentioned.
28. Wait Rebooting the System.
29. If you want to enter in Recovery when the phone is on I recommend use app Quick Boot.
30. End

DOWNLOAD

Link Download Fully Pack R2 with tool and file Scatter. -----> Here
md5 ---> 4a055ab7ab0ff9d51647c77961886fbc

Link Download only File Immagine of Recovery Clockworkmod --->
Here
md5 ---> 30022fcc55440c784bae7746f5a8f6fb

Link Download only File Imagine of Recovery 6.0.2.8 --->Here
md5 ---> 552346dca388cb2993546a5295dd55d5

Link Download ZIP Flash Recovery 6.0.2.8 Normal
----->
Here
md5 --->
cdf297dfde3c082d71cd80545dacbaba
If you have installed 6.0.1.5 Recovery you can flash this .zip file into it.

Big Thanks to Bruno Martins have compiled this Recovery from cyano 10.1 source and i have ported for us device Gallant Duo.

Credits

PaulOBrien
-----> Root and pack R1

Clockworkmod -----> For their recoverymod ---->
Koush Dutta

Bruno Martins
----> Base 6.0.2.8 for Devices MTK 6575/77

Lucky76 ----> Porting for Acer Liquid Gallant Duo and Acer Z110

Tuttoandroid.net -----> For all my post ---->
Here

Bye.
Last edited by erlucky; 15th February 2013 at 12:59 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erlucky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd December 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Thulhaadhoo
Thanks Meter: 1,770

1,621 posts
More
Hi, the boot.img backed-up by this recovery seems odd (no ANDROID! header, etc...). However it restores correctly. By any chance was the mechanism changed? Would you be able to share the modified source code?
17th February 2013, 05:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70

144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameer1234567890

Hi, the boot.img backed-up by this recovery seems odd (no ANDROID! header, etc...). However it restores correctly. By any chance was the mechanism changed? Would you be able to share the modified source code?

Hi i have porting new recovery cwm 6.0.2.8.....
3rd April 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #4  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 57

233 posts
More
Thumbs up Acer Liquid E3 - E380
The new Acer Liquid E3 E380 Duo is coming very very soon now. I have posted links to the kernel source etc, and we (waiting for our new phones) would be GREATLY THANKFUL for developers that help to root the E380 and develop custom ROMs / CWM!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51524910
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread