OP RMXO

14th January 2013, 06:53 PM   |  #11  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 305

521 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieSmith

could not use Android File Transfer while Kies was installed. Simply dragging the app folder (Kies) to the trash won't fix the problem either. You have to download and run the Kies installer package but choose UNINSTALL when it starts and it will clean everything up for you. (I suppose there is an agent or two for Kies that is sitting out there.)

After that, AFT works great. (remember to bump up your device lock timeout though or it will disconnect on you if it locks during a transfer!

That's why I posted this thread and am hosting the Kies file that is needed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2035892
The Following User Says Thank You to meatlocker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2013, 09:22 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 6

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieSmith

could not use Android File Transfer while Kies was installed. Simply dragging the app folder (Kies) to the trash won't fix the problem either. You have to download and run the Kies installer package but choose UNINSTALL when it starts and it will clean everything up for you. (I suppose there is an agent or two for Kies that is sitting out there.)

After that, AFT works great. (remember to bump up your device lock timeout though or it will disconnect on you if it locks during a transfer!

Thanks! I just googled kies, went to the official samsung/kies website, downloaded the program for my mac, opened up the download, ran the uninstall program, once done I plugged note 2 to my macbook pro via usb and viola! It worked perfectly without having to reinstall kies.
Last edited by TheWalkingDead; 22nd February 2013 at 09:03 PM.
22nd February 2013, 05:22 PM   |  #13  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 4

114 posts
More
Re: Connect your Note 2 to Mac OSX
U r my hero!!!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 06:21 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
I found out that you cannot have Kies installed and android transfer installed on your Mac at the same time or else android transfer will not work.
25th February 2013, 02:39 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 546

3,090 posts
More
Yes, you can't have KIES installed for it to work. It was posted in #5 that KIES must be uninstalled. Sometimes it helps to read the whole thread when there are only a few pages to read. =)
29th July 2013, 04:34 AM   |  #16  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 343

470 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMXO

http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Use that app to connect your Note 2 to Mac OSX.

Worked like a charm on mine 10.8.4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread