Congrats to Corey_r and longcat14 for winning the pool. No one else even had a chance, haha.
"One thread to rule them all..."
Instructions: Post all yo rumors, rants, and revelations about the upcoming AT&T Jelly Bean update here.
Official release date from Samsung: "Coming Soon!"
(last checked on 11/30; source)
Official release date from AT&T: "...very near future."
(last checked on 11/30; source; thanks, Randun)
Anonymous Source: Samsung's AT&T GS3 Jelly Bean User Trials started in May and have been completed; we're just waiting on AT&T. The ROM should be in its final stages of testing soon.
Jelly Bean Version: Most likely 4.1 Before 11/28, chatter from multiple official AT&T sources stated 4.2 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) However, then AT&T quietly released the above Support Article, which stated 4.1.The Support Article is the most concrete evidence we have, so it will probably be Jelly Bean 4.1.
Confirmed Jelly Bean TouchWiz features:
- New camera/camcorder filters: warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, sepia, color highlights(blue, green, red/yellow), and many more.
- Pause and resume recording
- Low light mode (uses HDR)
- Pop Up Play can be resized and paused
- Introduction of Easy Mode: large Easy widgets (for first-time smartphone users)
- Introduction of Blocking Mode: disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms, and LED indicators for a designated period of time
- Introduction of Swype® Keyboard (bundled)
- AllShare® Cast Wireless Hub support
- NFC One Touch Pairing Support: pair a supported Bluetooth device via NFC