Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

Tip us?

Russ77
Old
Thanks Meter 114
I've played with leak ota's and ports on the s3 and on my tab. the official JB for my tab is leaps and bounds smoother and more polished than any of the other JB roms I've flashed. well worth waiting for the real deal I think.

also, mobile Odin is pretty much amazing!

AndreaCristiano
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab121 View Post
Yes and yes. The ideal company would be like this. There are some medium and small businesses that operate with good ethics. Unfortunately the lage corperate model wont allow ideal ethics to interfear with the top 500 business model. Its numbers and loss prevention. If we the advanced users have little to no effect on a profit margin then to the corporate entity and powers that be dont know we exsist. Its frustrating and sad yes but unless a major lawsuit rolls around or we suddenly get to much press then the status quo will remain unchanged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Thank you someone understands economics

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomas10 View Post
ATT chat rep said "coming soon" this morning. I sarcastically asked her how big the updates department was. I mentioned it had to be like 2 people because updates always take too long with ATT. Didn't get an answer on that question. Whatever ATT. Maybe next year I'll go with sprint and ditch the big orange.
So ditch good service and ability to make calls for faster updates. Yea makes sense

"GOD WRITES THE GOSPEL NOT IN THE BIBLE ALONE, BUT ALSO ON THE TREES, AND IN THE FLOWERS AND CLOUDS AND STARS'
Martin Luther
The Following User Says Thank You to AndreaCristiano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Allaphon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default My 2 Cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandmyia View Post
It was just a conversation I was passing along. I am leaning toward a AT&T store managers word that the update is "slated" vs. Yours that says " impossible" for a AT&T Store manager to know when his products software is slated for updates though.....just sayin'.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
I work in customer care for ATT. Although I do not work in a store or in technical support, I do deal with those representatives on a daily basis. I will tell you that store representatives and managers are well trained to sell the equipment, but that is about as far it goes. It is highly unlikely that a store manager has any clue of what date JB is coming to the GSIII. In terms of general knowledge about Android and software customer care and tech reps have A LOT more tools and information at their disposal.

All that said, we have an information dashboard of sorts in customer care and this past Wednesday we got our first information on JB. It was literally a 2-3 sentence blurb that informed us that it was coming soon and to point inquiring customers to a general android page that had an overview of features. There has been no time table set for us and any hourly employee that tells you otherwise is likely blowing smoke. Let's just say that I installed a JB TW stock ROM last night. I also would be surprised if we got the ATT update before November ended.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allaphon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

randun
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I received this interesting email early this morning from Samsung TS after inquiring about Kies not specifying the correct Broadband Version on my GS3, which is I747UCLH9. I have left this unedited except where I bolded information for emphasis.

Dear Randy,

Thank you for your correspondence. We understand that you have attempted to update the Firmware version of your phone via Kies version 2.5.0.12104_1. We also understand that you would like to know why your phone [Not my phone, but what Kies displayed as my phone’s current BV.] is still shows the Baseband Version I747UCLG1 instead of the most updated one. You also would like to inform us that the phone is not rooted. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this issue might have caused you.

Please check the information below this is the content of the broken link that was provided from the previous e-mail that you have received.

OS Version History
Currently, this mobile device is operating on Android™ version 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (I747UCLI5 / I747UCLH9).

Version Date Released
I747UCALI5 10/11/2012 This update was applied to newly produced devices. Existing customers will receive these updates during the next scheduled OTA from AT&T. [What the heck is this? As you’ll see below, it refers to “Google Android update release 4.0 r5”.]

Browser Improvements
Google Android update realease 4.0 r5:
Maps 6.10.0
Chrome 18.0.1025171
This update includes the latest versions of the Google Play applications, plus stability fixes for Google Talk, Gallery, Play Music and YouTube.
Also included are layout fixes for Google Login and Voice IME.

I747UCALH9 09/18/2012 This update is delivered OTA.
NFC is enabled for ISIS MR
AllShare Cast is implemented
Google+Photos widget is removed
Flipboard APK is updated
Maximum size to retrieve email. The "ALL" option has been added.
Various TouchWiz improvements
Enhanced Email APK
Power saving mode improvements
Improved Calender APK
Keyboard enhancements

I747UCALG1 07/10/2012
Quick Search Box APK is updated by Google.

I747UCALEM 06/21/2012
Initial Release
RD
Using the Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I7477) by AT&T.
The Following User Says Thank You to randun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndreaCristiano
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by randun View Post
I received this interesting email early this morning from Samsung TS after inquiring about Kies not specifying the correct Broadband Version on my GS3, which is I747UCLH9. I have left this unedited except where I bolded information for emphasis.

Dear Randy,

Thank you for your correspondence. We understand that you have attempted to update the Firmware version of your phone via Kies version 2.5.0.12104_1. We also understand that you would like to know why your phone [Not my phone, but what Kies displayed as my phone’s current BV.] is still shows the Baseband Version I747UCLG1 instead of the most updated one. You also would like to inform us that the phone is not rooted. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this issue might have caused you.

Please check the information below this is the content of the broken link that was provided from the previous e-mail that you have received.

OS Version History
Currently, this mobile device is operating on Android™ version 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (I747UCLI5 / I747UCLH9).

Version Date Released
I747UCALI5 10/11/2012 This update was applied to newly produced devices. Existing customers will receive these updates during the next scheduled OTA from AT&T. [What the heck is this? As you’ll see below, it refers to “Google Android update release 4.0 r5”.]

Browser Improvements
Google Android update realease 4.0 r5:
Maps 6.10.0
Chrome 18.0.1025171
This update includes the latest versions of the Google Play applications, plus stability fixes for Google Talk, Gallery, Play Music and YouTube.
Also included are layout fixes for Google Login and Voice IME.

I747UCALH9 09/18/2012 This update is delivered OTA.
NFC is enabled for ISIS MR
AllShare Cast is implemented
Google+Photos widget is removed
Flipboard APK is updated
Maximum size to retrieve email. The "ALL" option has been added.
Various TouchWiz improvements
Enhanced Email APK
Power saving mode improvements
Improved Calender APK
Keyboard enhancements

I747UCALG1 07/10/2012
Quick Search Box APK is updated by Google.

I747UCALEM 06/21/2012
Initial Release
Thats a whole lot of mumbo jumbo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
"GOD WRITES THE GOSPEL NOT IN THE BIBLE ALONE, BUT ALSO ON THE TREES, AND IN THE FLOWERS AND CLOUDS AND STARS'
Martin Luther

randun
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Thats a whole lot of mumbo jumbo

Probably so, but can you or anyone else explain "[What the heck is this? As you’ll see below, it refers to “Google Android update release 4.0 r5”.]"?

What is your phone's current BV if not rooted?
RD

AndreaCristiano
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Probably so, but can you or anyone else explain "[What the heck is this? As you’ll see below, it refers to “Google Android update release 4.0 r5”.]"?

What is your phone's current BV if not rooted?
No clue what that means as that version of ICS never existed

Martin Luther

randun
Old
(Last edited by randun; 23rd November 2012 at 09:53 PM.) Reason: Changed smiley
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
No clue what that means as that version of ICS never existed

Right. That's what I found so interesting. Just out of curiosity, I'll play dumb , & respond back to them as well shoot AT&T an email. I'll inform the latter that Samsung appears to have an update on their history list that you don't even know about. :
RD

AndreaCristiano
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Right. That's what I found so interesting. Just out of curiosity, I'll play dumb , & respond back to them as well shoot AT&T an email. I'll inform the latter that Samsung appears to have an update on their history list that you don't even know about. :
Ya never know maybe youll trip someone up

Martin Luther

mrhayami
Old
Thanks Meter 42
That version is in this forum. Ripped from someone who had sent it in for repairs. Att has not released it yet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33500511

Current:
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: S3Rx 3.0