[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus S Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Big thanks to ej8989 for asking me to post this here for the benefit of Nexus S owners. This program supports all the Nexus devices but I had only posted it the Nexus7 thread.. Now I will maintain multiple threads although its the same program.

I will do my best to keep this program updated to support the latest builds for as long as possible. Cheers. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: tweeny80 and g33kt

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
updater seems to freeze after downloading (v1.5.4)

246rkhl.jpg

Right.. Sorry about that, I forgot to add that information to my site.

The updater in v1.5.4 had that problem if the toolkit was in a path with spaces in it. Just replace the Wug_Updater.exe in the toolkit directory with the new one from v1.5.5: http://wug.rootxs.com/NRT_extras/Wug_Updater.exe

Then try again, it should work without problems. it was a catch 22 for me.. I couldn't auto update the updater..lol, but now its good :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:
Reactions: g33kt and ej8989

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
Right.. Sorry about that, I forgot to add that information to my site.

The updater in v1.5.4 had that problem if the toolkit was in a path with spaces in it. Just replace the Wug_Updater.exe in the toolkit directory with the new one from v1.5.5: http://wug.rootxs.com/NRT_extras/Wug_Updater.exe

Then try again, it should work without problems. it was a catch 22 for me.. I couldn't auto update the updater..lol, but now its good :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Worked. thanks!

Just updated my custom recovery flawlessly using this tool. Took only about 5 seconds! lol
It's really fast and reliable. Great work :good:

urfase

Oct 31, 2010
After trying for over an hour and going through all three driver methods I cannot get the NRT to connect to my phone. When the phone is rebooted into Fastboot, the volume keys do not work for changing selection, and the computer does not detect anything plugged in via USB suggesting the phone freezes whenever it it put into Fastboot mode.

Model is a Nexus S i9020a running 4.1.1 on JRO03E.

This is on an ASUS K53S notebook running Windows 7 x64.

Last edited:

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
After trying for over an hour and going through all three driver methods I cannot get the NRT to connect to my phone. When the phone is rebooted into Fastboot, the volume keys do not work for changing selection, and the computer does not detect anything plugged in via USB suggesting the phone freezes whenever it it put into Fastboot mode.

Model is a Nexus S i9020a running 4.1.1 on JRO03E.

I had something similar happen to me on one machine. What I did to fix it was start at the beginning of the guide.. i.e uninstalling everything completely and rebooting my computer. Then I used driver solution#3 (RAW drivers), with a different usb port. The key is rebooting your computer after uninstalling everything.

If it persistently doesn't work, maybe I can help you out through gchat sometime.. not tonight though, I am still cranking out this next toolkit release.

{{ WugFresh }}

urfase

Oct 31, 2010
I had something similar happen to me on one machine. What I did to fix it was start at the beginning of the guide.. i.e uninstalling everything completely and rebooting my computer. Then I used driver solution#3 (RAW drivers), with a different usb port. The key is rebooting your computer after uninstalling everything.

If it persistently doesn't work, maybe I can help you out through gchat sometime.. not tonight though, I am still cranking out this next toolkit release.

{{ WugFresh }}

Yeah I did the uninstalls and reboots. Followed the guide exactly. After it didn't work I even took the next step in killing all unnecessary system processes and disabling antivirus.

I'm going to get another notebook that's been freshly formatted and try it again next weekend.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Yeah I did the uninstalls and reboots. Followed the guide exactly. After it didn't work I even took the next step in killing all unnecessary system processes and disabling antivirus.

I'm going to get another notebook that's been freshly formatted and try it again next weekend.

Maybe you could try forcing the "Naked Drivers" by 1wayjonny. When you use driver solution #3 windows just scans the sub-directories of the RAW_Driver folder in the toolkit and chooses the ones it thinks are the "best".

Use this longer path instead to force it to check only in the folder which contains those universal drivers:
Code:
[NRT_TOOLKIT_DIRECTORY]\data\Drivers\RAW_Drivers\NAKED_Drivers

Let me know if that works. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Your website WugFresh.com is having DNS issues on the East Coast US. It resolves to Cloudflare DNS error page which states either you haven't logged in or if you have it is taking time to spread the DNS info [which is prolly not the case given you are found on google search meaning its been up for a bit] or that you changed your hosting provider and their DNS records do not correctly point to your domain.

---Error Page---
You've requested a page on a website (www.wugfresh.com) that is on the CloudFlare network. Unfortunately, CloudFlare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.wugfresh.com). There are two potential causes of this:

Most likely: if the owner just signed up for CloudFlare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network. Check back in about 5 minutes and the site should be up and running and enjoying all the benefits of CloudFlare.

Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

Timestamp: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 05:50:32 -800

Your IP address: Cleansed for privacy

Requested URL: www.wugfresh.com/dev/nexus-root-toolkit/

Error reference number: 1001

Server ID: FL_16F2

Process ID: PID_1353505832.200-2-64592275

User-Agent: Cleansed for privacy I use Chrome

Last edited:

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Your website WugFresh.com is having DNS issues on the East Coast US. It resolves to Cloudflare DNS error page which states either you haven't logged in or if you have it is taking time to spread the DNS info [which is prolly not the case given you are found on google search meaning its been up for a bit] or that you changed your hosting provider and their DNS records do not correctly point to your domain.

---Error Page---
You've requested a page on a website (www.wugfresh.com) that is on the CloudFlare network. Unfortunately, CloudFlare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.wugfresh.com). There are two potential causes of this:

Most likely: if the owner just signed up for CloudFlare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network. Check back in about 5 minutes and the site should be up and running and enjoying all the benefits of CloudFlare.

Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

Timestamp: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 05:50:32 -800

Your IP address: Cleansed for privacy

Requested URL: www.wugfresh.com/dev/nexus-root-toolkit/

Error reference number: 1001

Server ID: FL_16F2

Process ID: PID_1353505832.200-2-64592275

User-Agent: Cleansed for privacy I use Chrome

Yeah, sorry about that. I switched my site over to a dedicated IP to deal with increased web traffic and some of the new toolkit communications coming in v1.6, so the DNS needed to propagate. I still have more work to do on v1.6 but my site should be back up and running now. Hopefully the dedicated IP will help me resolve some of the web hosting issues I have been struggling with.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and lack of communication during the temporary outage. I just was busy traveling for Thanksgiving plans.

Cheers,

{{ WugFresh }}

noobiekins

Apr 27, 2011
This program looks to be something VERY useful, however, it seems to be a little too late for it to pick up steam, but nice to see support for dying devices

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

rodem77

Dec 22, 2011
Milan
Thankyou for Nexus S thread!

Now I've 4.1.2, if i change to a custom rom, your tool will continue to work for flashing something or to "back to stock" function or it work only on official nexus rom?

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
This program looks to be something VERY useful, however, it seems to be a little too late for it to pick up steam, but nice to see support for dying devices

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

I have been coding like crazy and I am releasing a major update by Saturday that will support all the latest Nexus devices and will make updating it in the future nearly instantaneous. Your comment is just frustrating.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: tweeny80

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Thankyou for Nexus S thread!

Now I've 4.1.2, if i change to a custom rom, your tool will continue to work for flashing something or to "back to stock" function or it work only on official nexus rom?

Yes, it will work just the same on a custom ROM. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

rodem77

Dec 22, 2011
Milan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
    (Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}
    v1.6.4 is now up and the update package is also live. Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    v1.6.2 is up in the OP and the update package is also live via Help > About... in the toolkit. Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

VERSION 1.6.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, 'any build' mode, logcat/bugreport generation, advanced restore features, and quick tools utilities. All the latest Android builds and Nexus devices are now officially supported with full 4.2.2 support. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The main changes in this release are enhancements to "Flash Stock + Unroot" script, fixes to the updater, the ability to choose root with Koush's new Superuser app, a streamlined system for updating to the latest custom recovery, and lots of general code improvements. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set in this release.

164_main_nexS_zpsd777c25a.jpg
    164_adv_nexS_zps8a1ce158.jpg

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

{{ WugFresh }}[/QUOTE

You are a great man.. You're a saving phone life..;)