Search This thread

mechadream

Aug 15, 2012
Hi,

I won't give you the long story so here's what happened:

- TouchscreenDigitizer & LCD broke
- Replaced both
- Got a different rev of the Digitizer, result: X-Axis is inverted
- Someone (darksawa) built a patch for this by editing the touchscreen driver but you need nvflash enabled to replace the kernel image the easy way
- Was on JB Stock without root/unlock until now so I'm not able to enable nvflash
- There is a way to get it done anyway: Get the edited kernel image into another rom and install it via TWRP
- Tried to extract the stock rom (unpack blob files etc..) and replaced the kernel image - then pack all together again but wasn't working (flashing procedure abrupted, no brick)

Could someone of you do me and some other guys a big favour by replacing the original kernel image of the stock rom WW-10.4.2.15 with this kernel image?

Thank you!!!

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
Hi,

- Replaced both
- Someone (darksawa) built a patch for this by editing the touchscreen driver but you need nvflash enabled to replace the kernel image the easy way
- Was on JB Stock without root/unlock until now so I'm not able to enable nvflash
- There is a way to get it done anyway: Get the edited kernel image into another rom and install it via TWRP
- Tried to extract the stock rom (unpack blob files etc..) and replaced the kernel image - then pack all together again but wasn't working (flashing procedure abrupted, no brick)

Could someone of you do me and some other guys a big favour by replacing the original kernel image of the stock rom WW-10.4.2.15 with this kernel image?

Thank you!!!

No I can't but I can go one better for you ;)

I have converted it to a blob file and put it into an installable zip. Just flash this in twrp and your good to go.

This is for Jellybean.

Attachments

• ReverseAxis.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 2,371

mechadream

Aug 15, 2012

I have converted it to a blob file and put it into an installable zip. Just flash this in twrp and your good to go.

This is for Jellybean.

Thank you very much for you help but I got the following problem:

I flashed the file via TWRP and now I'm stuck at the ASUS Boot-Logo with the tegra logo on the bottom right.

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys

I flashed the file via TWRP and now I'm stuck at the ASUS Boot-Logo with the tegra logo on the bottom right.

I tested the kernel myself before uploading it for you mate.. It worked fine. Everything was reversed for me when I booted back into the rom.

You could try doing a factory reset and a cache and dalvik wipe to see if that is your problem.

I was running hairybean 1.3 on jellybean when I tested it.

What rom are you running ?

Last edited:
Reactions: mechadream

mechadream

Aug 15, 2012
I tested the kernel myself before uploading it for you mate.. It worked fine. Everything was reversed for me when I booted back into the rom.

You could try doing a factory reset and a cache and dalvik wipe to see if that is your problem.

I am on Stock. Installed Stock from Asus website, installed TWRP via fastboot and then flashed your file.

EDIT: factory reset, cache and dalvik wipe does not help, you suggest I install hairybean too?

Last edited:

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
I am on Stock. Installed Stock from Asus website, installed TWRP via fastboot and then flashed your file.

EDIT: factory reset, cache and dalvik wipe does not help, you suggest I install hairybean too?

After you flashed my zip did you see a blue progress bar go along after you restarted the prime. If you did then the kernel definately flashed.

You can also try holding down the power button and volume down button until you get to the place where there are 4 icons and then going over to the wipe data icon and selecting that. That should factory reset your machine.

If that doesn't work let me know.

mechadream

Aug 15, 2012
After you flashed my zip did you see a blue progress bar go along after you restarted the prime. If you did then the kernel definately flashed.

You can also try holding down the power button and volume down button until you get to the place where there are 4 icons and then going over to the wipe data icon and selecting that. That should factory reset your machine.

Got that blue progress bar the first time after I flashed your file, then it went away and thats all.

Just did the wipe the way you told me, no change, still stuck @ splash screen. I think I have to install another complete rom to get over the splash screen again.

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
Got that blue progress bar the first time after I flashed your file, then it went away and thats all.

Just did the wipe the way you told me, no change, still stuck @ splash screen. I think I have to install another complete rom to get over the splash screen again.

Well you're definitely not bricked so don't panic.

I think the next step would be to install a rom like you say. Try installing Hairybean 1.3 and follow all the steps in the original post. If you are still stuck after that I think the next step will be to run a full wipe script on your prime and then install a rom.

Try the rom first and let me know how you get on. We will get this sorted soon enough ;)

Also before you install the rom, factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik and system then install.

mechadream

Aug 15, 2012

I think the next step would be to install a rom like you say. Try installing Hairybean 1.3 and follow all the steps in the original post. If you are still stuck after that I think the next step will be to run a full wipe script on your prime and then install a rom.

Try the rom first and let me know how you get on. We will get this sorted soon enough ;)

Also before you install the rom, factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik and system then install.

Installed like you said and it's WORKING!!! :):)

Thank you very much, after all these frustrating months it's working now, thank you thank you thank you!!

And thanks to sawa of course :good:

oremy

Jan 26, 2012
same problem

I have the same problem as the original treath.

I am not rooted, not unlocked under jelly bean.

Beginner question but is it also possible to install without root. how i understood TWRP needs root.

you can help me soo much ...

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
I have the same problem as the original treath.

I am not rooted, not unlocked under jelly bean.

Beginner question but is it also possible to install without root. how i understood TWRP needs root.

you can help me soo much ...

You need to be unlocked to install TWRP. Once installed you can flash the zip. Root is not required to install TWRP.

oremy

Jan 26, 2012
Thank you all!! i managed ... fully operational prime again ...
i was getting used to the mirrored clicking :)

fabianogalaxy

Dec 20, 2012
Stuck at the ASUS Boot-Logo. FW US

My problem started two month ago when the repair assistance sent me back my tf201 with reverse axis. I broke the glass and they this but the didn't do the reversed axis. They wasted my time and money. I realy need help.

I am on Stock US-10.4.2.15 unlocked bootloader with TWRP and I have same problem that "!mechadream" had. I'm stuck at the ASUS Boot-Logo.
Maybe I shouldn't flash this WW(I don't know if this make some difference honestly) but I had some hope that finally solve my problem and fix it.
Now I am stuck. What should I do now? I can I do? Can you help me please? Thank you for your help.

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
My problem started two month ago when the repair assistance sent me back my tf201 with reverse axis. I broke the glass and they this but the didn't do the reversed axis. They wasted my time and money. I realy need help.

I am on Stock US-10.4.2.15 unlocked bootloader with TWRP and I have same problem that "!mechadream" had. I'm stuck at the ASUS Boot-Logo.
Maybe I shouldn't flash this WW(I don't know if this make some difference honestly) but I had some hope that finally solve my problem and fix it.
Now I am stuck. What should I do now? I can I do? Can you help me please? Thank you for your help.

Can you tell me where you can get to please? can you get into TWRP? can you get to fastboot?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

- Replaced both

Thank you!!!

This is for Jellybean.

Installed like you said and it's WORKING!!! :):)

Thank you very much, after all these frustrating months it's working now, thank you thank you thank you!!

And thanks to sawa of course :good:

Glad you got it all fixed mate. I have no idea what went wrong for you as it worked first time for me but as long as it's all done now ;)