Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2 amp car charger?

Tip us?

GegeV2
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Belkin ones are good.

Got one and it said 2A iirc

Chuck_IV
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I picked on up at Best Buy that says it's 2.1A. It's a Rocketfish single USB adapter(as mentioned, I tried a 2A from Walmart but didn't realize i was a DUAL plug and only supplied 1A to each).

Hopefully the Rocketfixh one will work but I'd like to know if there is an app or some way to tell how many amps it's getting while charging. Otherwise I have no way of telling.

erick161
Old
Thanks Meter 183
What app (if any) are you guys using tk measurr charge rate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
-Current Devices-
Samsung Galaxy Gear
-Stock...for now
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 i317
-SkyNote Air Note 3 Edition
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
-Android Revolution HD 11.1
Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0
-BeanStalk 4.4KK
Motorola Atrix 4G
-Turl V8 CM9
HP TouchPad
-Evervolv Rom/WebOS

hopefulfarm
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Can anyone comment on this charger on Amazon?
http://www.amazon.com/Qmadix-QM-DMCH...A+Charging+Kit

It's a 4.2amp charger, each of the 2 outlets charges at 2.1amps.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulfarm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chuck_IV
Old
(Last edited by Chuck_IV; 13th November 2012 at 11:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
I now see the difference between the charging speed. I had been using a 1A charger and when I would leave work, I'd be about 60% and after an hr+ drive, I'd maybe be at 80% if I was lucky.

Today I used the new 2.1A charger I got and when I left work, my battery was at 63%. After the hour+ or so drive and a 10 minute conversation on the phone, during the drive, I was at... 100%.

It makes a BIG difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck_IV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elite-fusion
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
I now see the difference between the charging speed. I had been using a 1A charger and when I would leave work, I'd be about 60% and after an hr+ drive, I'd maybe be at 80% if I was lucky.

Today I used the new 2.1A charger I got and when I left work, my battery was at 63%. After the hour+ or so drive and a 10 minute conversation on the phone, during the drive, I was at... 100%.

It makes a BIG difference.
which did you buy if you do not mind me asking

Chuck_IV
Old
Thanks Meter 44
See my post a few up. It was a Rocketfish 2.1 adapter. I can't seem to find it on their site tho. However there is a Belkin version which I think works too.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck_IV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elite-fusion
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Hey guys,

I am looking to get a good rapid charger for the Note 2,

By the way, thanks for the RocketFish info

I am looking to get a 4.2 amp one that way it is 2.1 to each port (i usually have both an iPad and a Note 2, or two Note 2's with me)

I found these two:

http://www.amazon.com/Qmadix-QM-DMCH..._172282_b1_1_p

http://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-usbc20...5752011_a1_8_p

Any feedback from anyone in regards to those two? or do you guys know of any other good ones?

Chuck_IV
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Read the comments on the scosche one. The problem is most of these 2.1amp chargers are made for Apple devices which use a specific way/2 pins to charge. When a non-Apple device is connected, it doesn't use the full 2amps to charge with.

A way around this, as mentioned earlier in this thread is to short those specific 2 pins on the usb cable and it will work on non-apple devices at full amps.

I really wish there was a simple ap that shws the charging amps but it seems like Samsung does something wierd with reporting this info so many of the normal apps won't report it right.

elite-fusion
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Read the comments on the scosche one. The problem is most of these 2.1amp chargers are made for Apple devices which use a specific way/2 pins to charge. When a non-Apple device is connected, it doesn't use the full 2amps to charge with.

A way around this, as mentioned earlier in this thread is to short those specific 2 pins on the usb cable and it will work on non-apple devices at full amps.

I really wish there was a simple ap that shws the charging amps but it seems like Samsung does something wierd with reporting this info so many of the normal apps won't report it right.
Alright, so if I were to order either one of the two listed above in my previous post, and also if I get http://www.amazon.com/Naztech-Micro-...ref=pd_sim_e_2 I should be perfectly fine?