Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 51,993 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APK] Seeder 2.0.0 entropy generator to provide significant lag reduction

Tip us?

zdesirehtc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How is Seeker on battery usage?

(Fair warning - I am a beginner with rooted Androids)

I downloaded the Seeker app on my HTC Desire Z running Elite Mod. However, I found that after a few hours of usage my battery dropped dramatically. (I know my typical usage and I have a 3600 mA battery pack). The battery usage suggests high consumption by standby and idling.

Anyone else experience that? Is there a way to reduce battery consumption?

Thanks!

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10713
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdesirehtc View Post
(Fair warning - I am a beginner with rooted Androids)

I downloaded the Seeker app on my HTC Desire Z running Elite Mod. However, I found that after a few hours of usage my battery dropped dramatically. (I know my typical usage and I have a 3600 mA battery pack). The battery usage suggests high consumption by standby and idling.

Anyone else experience that? Is there a way to reduce battery consumption?

Thanks!
The issue is that these performance gains seem to come from holding the CPU in a higher state- I think that the actual improvement is a byproduct of the means of applying the fix - the fix itself shouldn't give this performance boost.

EVERYTHING I've read is indicative of it being due to CPU scaling - someone said their Note (using Exynos 4210) doesn't have home button lag on turning the screen on - this happens when the phone isn't sleeping fully. I therefore suggest that if you want to test this properly, you should also do a test with a locked CPU clock, and see if it's faster...

Most likely it will be identical, and you can decide between forcing up your clock speed (and having 10 minutes of battery life), or using the regular clock-speed governors and accepting a little bit of lag when ramping up.

Having trouble getting an answer? | What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

BTC: 1K2fpDsRHkirWmk3PKiqtzhVHKUJCWPWnN
PGP: 0x260F4FDEF258E3C4
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zdesirehtc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2 View Post
The issue is that these performance gains seem to come from holding the CPU in a higher state- I think that the actual improvement is a byproduct of the means of applying the fix - the fix itself shouldn't give this performance boost.

EVERYTHING I've read is indicative of it being due to CPU scaling - someone said their Note (using Exynos 4210) doesn't have home button lag on turning the screen on - this happens when the phone isn't sleeping fully. I therefore suggest that if you want to test this properly, you should also do a test with a locked CPU clock, and see if it's faster...

Most likely it will be identical, and you can decide between forcing up your clock speed (and having 10 minutes of battery life), or using the regular clock-speed governors and accepting a little bit of lag when ramping up.
That's a great answer! Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Battery life is a key consideration for me (what with running 3G and data heavy applications throughout the day). However, I will check and see if things changes in spite of locking the CPU clock.

Thanks again!

NicoCaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I have installed all and when i check the value it so right (3000++ 4000++)
I have read a logo of time in this post the folder sys/dev/unrandom or random. But i haven't no one! Only block and char

Inviato dal mio LG-P690 con Tapatalk 2

demon-knight
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:

Got to agree with the above statement, on the testing I have done its using around 10% battery every 2 hours so in this instance im taking it off my phone.

black_bottom
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Default "my performance" in a video

last night I installed the apk and set it "on". I use CM10 kang with a HTC sensation. in my video you can see how fast some apps open.
enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckdq2...ature=youtu.be
The Following User Says Thank You to black_bottom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NicoCaldo
Old
(Last edited by NicoCaldo; 4th January 2013 at 11:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
the loading of applications and greatly improved speed. I do not think the battery consumption very fact seems to consume as before. also the swipe of a screen and the other seems speeded up

Is the value normal?

Inviato dal mio LG-P690 con Tapatalk 2

eoerl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
symlink based observations have -a priori- nothing to do with CPU scaling..

foggyflute
Old
(Last edited by foggyflute; 4th January 2013 at 11:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:

I'm using No frills CPU control to see if this phone stay in high freq. longer or not, and see nothing abnormal about it. (smartassv2 , 14% 1.2ghz max, 45% 184mhz min)
I also report recent app list more snappy jump up when I'm using apps so it's not about ramp up lag. And the map really run much much faster than before, not placebo.
Just restart after seeder_v6 a few hours ago, it's been 3 hours from full charge and I'm at 95%, I used to drain about 10% / night (12am to 7am) before this mod so that's no difference.

Of course if can be less lag by another reason but I also doubt it because of higher freq. , at least in my case.

PS: I also have more free ram now, before max free is around 130, now it go up to 170 sometime, this script should not related to any of this, but I didn't do any tweaking to the phone lately.
ST18i, Mi2, nexus 7 2013

fabricatedhero
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Sgs4g on cm9.1 unofficial w/LZ kernel and i have to say this has really made rhe phone snappier with opening up apps and etc.

Will update about battery life in a day or two.

Thanks to the OP for this!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Tags
entropy, mbq was here, performance