Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

INFERIOR display/screen compared to the HTC ONE X?

12th November 2012, 01:15 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011





why HTC, why???? larger battery, better processor, 64gb internal memory yet a blue display

 
 
12th November 2012, 01:32 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Don't post pictures without any information...

For the One X there were 3 (or even more) manufacturers
- Acer = 0x4940014
- Sharp = 0x294000f
- Sony = 0x181033

Acer and Sharp were much used in the EU, Sony in the USA...

So if I pick some of my selfmade pictures of a Acer-One X vs a Sharp-One X I also get this kind of images:









and yes this pictures were with the same settings, backlight and so on

So which type of screen is this on the picture of the One X?
Are the screens / phones on the same settings / backlight?

Also check out: Screen types of the HTC One X+
Last edited by CLB-NL; 12th November 2012 at 01:35 PM.
12th November 2012, 02:02 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94
 
305 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
I can confirm this I had two devices(One X) put head to head and notice the differences.
Exactly the same situation with the X+


Sent from my HTC One X+
12th November 2012, 07:26 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLB-NL

Don't post pictures without any information...

For the One X there were 3 (or even more) manufacturers
- Acer = 0x4940014
- Sharp = 0x294000f
- Sony = 0x181033

Acer and Sharp were much used in the EU, Sony in the USA...

So which type of screen is this on the picture of the One X?
Are the screens / phones on the same settings / backlight?

Also check out: Screen types of the HTC One X+

Where can I found the information about the build in display? Is there a tool for it?

Thanks
12th November 2012, 07:28 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
How to check out which type of screen you have for the HTC One X+:
Download: ES File Explorer File Manager @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.pop&hl=nl
Go to settings, root-settings, and set a mark at 'up to root'
Start your One X+ TWO TIMES after eachother
Open ES File Explorer
Go up and up and up and up till you are in '/'
Press the searchbutton and search for 'last_kmsg'
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....
Open this file in a text editor (on your phone or email it to yourself and open it on your computer)
Search for 'panel_id' and / or 'panel_vendor'
Check out the code and place it in this thread...

Known types of screens:
0x944a03 = unknown manufacturer, anyone?

And post it in my thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLB-NL

Screen types of the HTC One X+

12th November 2012, 08:02 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLB-NL

How to check out which type of screen you have for the HTC One X+:
Download: ES File Explorer File Manager @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.pop&hl=nl
Go to settings, root-settings, and set a mark at 'up to root'
Start your One X+ TWO TIMES after eachother
Open ES File Explorer
Go up and up and up and up till you are in '/'
Press the searchbutton and search for 'last_kmsg'
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....
Open this file in a text editor (on your phone or email it to yourself and open it on your computer)
Search for 'panel_id' and / or 'panel_vendor'
Check out the code and place it in this thread...

Known types of screens:
0x944a03 = unknown manufacturer, anyone?

And post it in my thread:

Thanks, I followed the instructions step by step but ES didn't find a file called 'last_kmsg'. Will try again later and report back if I found the panel id or vendor.
12th November 2012, 09:19 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesireHDFreak

Thanks, I followed the instructions step by step but ES didn't find a file called 'last_kmsg'. Will try again later and report back if I found the panel id or vendor.

Restarted your phone TWO TIMES? You have 'up to root' enabled? Hope to hear from you (in the other thread!)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes