5,597,762 Members 36,464 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How-to]Unlock/Re-lock Nexus 10 Bootloader

Tip us?

Lumsdoni
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thank you, its been so long since I rooted my last device I've forgotten most of it - do I need a new SDK and if so where do I get it?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5

Apoloiges for asking but it has completely left me.

matt95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumsdoni View Post
Thank you, its been so long since I rooted my last device I've forgotten most of it - do I need a new SDK and if so where do I get it?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5

Apoloiges for asking but it has completely left me.
no you don't need a newer SDK, if you have the platform-tools and tools folder you are good to go...

Donate and support my studies at the MIT University! Unruu HTC RUUs | Setup Android Development Environment on Ubuntu | Decrypt HTC RUUs

jrod091
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Sdk has been updated

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
Phone:
Samsung Galaxy S4
ROM: Latest AOKP by Task650
Kernel: Latest KT-SGS4 by Ktoonsez

Tablet:
Google Nexus 10
ROM: Latest AOKP by Task650
Kernel:Latest KTManta by Ktoonsez

Barnes and Noble NookColor
ROM: Dual-boot CM9/stock
Kernel: stock

udimars30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 200

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
You should also mention in the OP that in order to re-lock you should flash back to STOCK images (if you have changed anything) otherwise the device will no longer boot.
yeah thanks for reminding dude

Lumsdoni
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt95 View Post
no you don't need a newer SDK, if you have the platform-tools and tools folder you are good to go...
Apologies but is there an online guide? Iv'e got no idea what I did before when I was on my Nexus One, I reckon I might as well delete the SDK and reinstall both SDK and Eclipse sO I can root with a clean system.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt95 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumsdoni View Post
Apologies but is there an online guide? Iv'e got no idea what I did before when I was on my Nexus One, I reckon I might as well delete the SDK and reinstall both SDK and Eclipse sO I can root with a clean system.
It would appear it is a lot simpler now as you can download a sdk / eclipse bundle from here

EniGmA1987
Old
Thanks Meter 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
You should also mention in the OP that in order to re-lock you should flash back to STOCK images (if you have changed anything) otherwise the device will no longer boot.
Why do you say that? I have my Galaxy Nexus locked again with a custom ROM and kernel and it works fine. Ive never seen mention of this non-booting thing if the bootloader is locked when running something custom

Egooktamuck
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I unlocked the bootloader but now the tab will not start? I starts to the X of JB and then nothing happens... Help

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

I have the Solution

If you have the same problem - Go into Stock-Recovery and make a "Factory Reset" then reboot the system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Egooktamuck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alias_neo
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGmA1987 View Post
Why do you say that? I have my Galaxy Nexus locked again with a custom ROM and kernel and it works fine. Ive never seen mention of this non-booting thing if the bootloader is locked when running something custom
It's may be wrong, I'm basing it on my XOOM days where it wouldn't boot it you relocked with anything other than stock. If that's different now, feel free to ignore me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Storage Ether Widget - Storage Widget for Android phones and tablets.
The Following User Says Thank You to alias_neo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EYEramid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I know that when an update comes out I have to relock the bootloader, but if I unlock it after the update does it wipe the device again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Manan79
Old
(Last edited by Manan79; 15th November 2012 at 06:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 81
I have 3 questions

1. Unlocking nexus 10 means rooting it ?
2. Is unlocking or rooting tablets legal in US?
3. I ordered nexus 10 but read n
ot so good things about the limited applications are supported for 10 inch screen .. Is there any workaround to have apps look as good as iPad I mean using the entire screen ...any custom ROMs available yet

Sent from my SGH-I897