[DEV] Native Ubuntu (Lubuntu, LXDE) or (Unity2D,Gnome) on TF700T
This is an early alpha of ubuntu precise pangolin (12.04) running on the TF700T. You can choose from openbox, LXDE, and Lubuntu configurations. It is based on Nvidia Linux 4 Tegra R16 (armhf).
Added unity2d/gnome rootfs.
THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD, THIS THREAD IS FOR DEVELOPMENT RELATED POSTS ONLY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOME LINUX BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE, THIS IS PROBABLY NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU.
There are four files on goo available for this setup:
This configuration uses internal storage (/data/ubuntu) for the root file system. You will need to have a custom recovery (I use TWRP) and a working adb setup.To install, take the following steps:
- Copy the bootimg and rootfs of your choice (lubuntu/lxde or unity2d/gnome) to your /sdcard folder
- Boot into recovery
- Bring up a root shell with ADB
- Create the folder for file extract "mkdir /data/ubuntu"
- Change to the folder you created "cd /data/ubuntu"
- Extract the files "busybox tar -zxvf /sdcard/precise-armhf.tgz" OR "busybox tar -zxvf /sdcard/unity2d-rootfs.tgz"
- Flash the boot image (precise-bootimg.zip)
To get back to your android setup (if you are running ParanoidAndroid) flash the PA boot image (pa-tf700t-bootimg.zip). If you are running a different ROM, replace the boot blob in the zip file with the one from your distribution. The naming is important, it has to match.
Thanks to the development communities from Linux, Ubuntu, and NVidia, and to lilstevie, Jhinta, cb22, and many others who have blazed the trail that provided guidance and insight.
This thread is intended for the use and contributions of developers who have the interest and capacity to move this along. It is not intended for spoon feeding and hand holding.
Please use the thread HERE
for general q&a, discussion, and support.