adlakeche
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Default Great Job Trev

Good work. Don't stop.
NEXUS N5

Nexus 7 2012, 2013

Omate Truesmart
The Following User Says Thank You to adlakeche For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sosikfabrications
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevE View Post
Few things I've seen
-Encryption doesnt work.
Ill look into it, but I know its a longrunning bug for some devices. Use access control for now. I dont actually have a GS3 so its kinda a wonder this works at all

-Tether doesnt work
Please give some more details- what mode are you in regular or fallback?
does tethering turn on and show statistics at bottom of screen? if not what does the log show inside of wifitether? if so does windows see the accesspoint?

As far as Sprint LJ7 ill download the rom and check it but answers to above will help. a logcat of it turning on and off would be most helpful I threw a bunch of debugging lines in
I get the numbers at the bottom just windows 7 wont see it. I left everything as installed only just installed samsung binaries as a few from the sprint gs3 forum suggested and still a no go

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

kastr0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank You ,

THanks, COnfirmed working on TeamSonic FreeGS3 JB 1.0 . Once Again THX

1brainsurgeon
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 4824

DONATE TO ME
Working great out of the box on Wicked LJ7. No changes in settings. GREAT WORK! I just about had a heart attack when I saw this. I told all of my friends, so at least 3 people know

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

mch42
Old
(Last edited by mch42; 14th November 2012 at 03:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
-Tether doesnt work
does tethering turn on and show statistics at bottom of screen? if not what does the log show inside of wifitether? if so does windows see the accesspoint?

As far as Sprint LJ7 ill download the rom and check it but answers to above will help. a logcat of it turning on and off would be most helpful I threw a bunch of debugging lines in
I'm having trouble getting it working with my rooted stock L710 on JB.

I've tried a combination of all the following settings:
-fallback & regular
-device profile auto, CDMA Nexus & Samsung S3
-Access control on/off (I've kept encryption off)

My old handset sees the network just fine (and statistics show up at the bottom of my S3's screen), but the EVO can't connect.

Thanks for all your work on this!

proxhack
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I know that this is a galaxy S III thread but...I downloaded the apk. used on my Sprint note 2, went to settings, changed the profile to toro on fallback and the phone started broadcasting for about a minute, I was able to see the upload and download counter moving.
The tried with the following settings too.
Generic ICS/JB(wlan0)
fallback tether mode
SSID androidtether not Androidtether
chanel 2
the counter it is still moving but can't see the phone on my IPad.

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1389
I have the sprint SGSIII rooted with stock JB ROM

it keeps asking me for SU rights over and over and over again even though I have the "dont ask again" clicked...anyone else getting this?

I then uninstalled and reinstalled and now it starts up, but I can't see the SSID from my laptop

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I read on AC that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
You need to be on a deodexed rom. Stock rom is odexed. ]

That may be the reason why it isn't working for those of us on stock rooted rom, which is odexed

skwon
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Anyone else getting errors?

rueben68
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Working great using Wicked Sensations Rom - Jelly Bean Style 4.1.1

Thanks TrevE great job!

open1your1eyes0
Old
Thanks Meter 3055

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Few things I've seen
-Encryption doesnt work.
Ill look into it, but I know its a longrunning bug for some devices. Use access control for now. I dont actually have a GS3 so its kinda a wonder this works at all

-Tether doesnt work

Regular mode. Tethering turns on after accepting like 10 superuser request messages. I see the statistics at the bottom showing data transferred usage. Everything looks normal but the wifi connection it creates does not show up on any device (Windows, tablet, etc...). Had a similar issue with the app from the Play Store even on ICS but after toggling and a reboots it starts to work. On Jelly Bean however I can't this version or the Play Store version to work at all.