Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OTA] 4.2 update flashable

Tip us?
 
throcker
Old
(Last edited by throcker; 13th November 2012 at 10:43 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 544
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: cagliari
Smile [OTA] 4.2 update flashable

JELLY BEAN 4.2 OTA UPDATE FLASHABLE ZIP FOR NEXUS 7

Hello guys, here I provide a link to a flashable zip that contains the awesome 4.2 update for nexus 7.
flash it from a custom recovery like always.

link: http://android.clients.google.com/pa...K.094f6629.zip

here is the link for who can't get the ota update from settings menu.

the file is tested! don't flash it if you are on a custom rom, just stock! enjoy



this is the lockscreen screenshot (made with my phone, I can't take screenshots, I have not root access), just to let you see that is works and is pretty nice

and here you find a link of a video of the most important features on 4.2 provided by philespo, all credits goes to him
link of the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcnf7mBJqH4&feature=plcp
flash veteran

HTC One M7ul silver 32Gb
Nexus 7 (2013) Flo WiFi 16Gb

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to throcker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shrome99
Old
#2  
shrome99's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1530
Posts: 3,515
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chandigarh
I think you should add that it only works over JZO54K, not custom ROMs
 
noottt
Old
#3  
noottt's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 35
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Groningen
can't wait!
 
throcker
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 544
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: cagliari
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrome99 View Post
I think you should add that it only works over JZO54K, not custom ROMs
edited op, you're right, thx
flash veteran

HTC One M7ul silver 32Gb
Nexus 7 (2013) Flo WiFi 16Gb

 
ondoy1943
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 275
Join Date: Jun 2011
Be sure to roll-back any modification(s) to system files else the flashing will bomb.
 
tramane
Old
#6  
tramane's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 451
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Austin, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by throcker View Post
Hello guys, here I provide a link to a flashable zip that contains the awesome 4.2 update for nexus 7.
flash it from a custom recovery like always.

link: http://android.clients.google.com/pa...K.094f6629.zip

here is the link for who can't get the ota update from settings menu.

the file is not tested! don't flash it if you are on a custom rom, just stock! enjoy
I flashed the stock rom via TWRP
Booted and then tried flashing this, but I get a build.prop error
Tmo G1>> Mytouch 3g>>Tmo N1 >> Alltel Desire(c) >> Sprint EVO4g >> Epic 4G >> Samsung Galaxy S2 EPIC TOUCH 4G >> Samsung Vibrant T-mobile >> HTC Sensation >> UNLOCKED GALAXY NEXUS >> Galaxy Note >> Galaxy S3 >> Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 7


Flashaholic!

http://Gplus.to/Mrlatepass
 
ondoy1943
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 275
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramane View Post
I flashed the stock rom via TWRP
Booted and then tried flashing this, but I get a build.prop error
Not the fault of TWRP for sure. Did you modify the build.prop file in any way?
 
d3m0n1
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 81
Join Date: Mar 2009
I have JZO54K, that is bootloader unlocked, and rooted, with cwm as the recovery. Can I flash this OTA, or it will not end well?

Thanks in advance

d3m0n
 
ondoy1943
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 275
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3m0n1 View Post
I have JZO54K, that is bootloader unlocked, and rooted, with cwm as the recovery. Can I flash this OTA, or it will not end well?

Thanks in advance

d3m0n
Go ahead flash, no problem for as long as you did not modify a system file, e.g., build.prop file, etc. I flashed the file on my nexus 7 that was unlocked, rooted, with TWRP recovery and pristine system files.
The Following User Says Thank You to ondoy1943 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
orphan203
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 65
Join Date: Feb 2012
Worked!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes