Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][HOWTO]TW Launcher with different grid sizes

Tip us?

jbplumbing.ca
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Is there any tw launcher mod to resize any widget?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

jokerschild275
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
Not stopping, just wondering if it matters. I appreciate that there are at least a few people who are here to learn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I for one just want to say thank you for your help. I am new and just now learning how to do things with android. so seeing feedback of issues that other people have run into is benificial to me. That way I know if i run into something, I can see if its something i did wrong or if other people are having a similar issue. Maybe their way of going about by asking you to do it for them is wrong, but non the less it still helps seeing those posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jokerschild275 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerschild275 View Post
I for one just want to say thank you for your help. I am new and just now learning how to do things with android. so seeing feedback of issues that other people have run into is benificial to me. That way I know if i run into something, I can see if its something i did wrong or if other people are having a similar issue. Maybe their way of going about by asking you to do it for them is wrong, but non the less it still helps seeing those posts.
+1 :thumbup:
Learning is the best part of everything we do with our phones. That's why most of us are here is to learn! From someone that's know much more than us on the subject. I've been around but learned that, reading is best policy for me. That's how you teach yourself is by reading things we don't know! Just my opinion...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom I'm using with zero issues...
[4.4.2]DN3 V5(Ditto Note 3)

garyd9
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbplumbing.ca View Post
Is there any tw launcher mod to resize any widget?
Not that I've encountered. I have seen that other (non-touchwiz) launchers support that, but with mixed cosmetic results. For example, taking a widget that displays only as an icon and resizing it to > 1x1 doesn't look very nice.

Donations: I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling charitable, help a child by going to http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
and click the "Donate Now" link at the top.

cdshepherd
Old
Thanks Meter 1176
Heck ya! Finally got around to this guide. First run was flawless. My gay little rom is coming along:thumbup:
Went with 5x5 launcher. Since sammy decided to waste that big screen. Thanks Gary
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

garyd9
Old
Thanks Meter 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdshepherd View Post
Thanks Gary
Thank the guy who posted the thread linked in the OP. I just tweaked it some and bitched at people to try and get them to play with it.

Donations: I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling charitable, help a child by going to http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skochw
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks for this, works great!

One cool thing I noticed: You can resize pagebuddy stuff. Take out the pen, and when page buddy appears, tap and hold it. You can expand it to take up t he whole page. Pretty cool!

tomcater
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the work. What a difference. Running the 5x5 and Note II looks much better. Thx.

Has anyone created a 6x6 as the screen is huge and would be nice to populate it. I have good knowledge but not enough to create / edit apk. Next item on the "to learn list".

Thank you and keep up the great work.

garyd9
Old
Thanks Meter 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcater View Post
Has anyone created a 6x6 as the screen is huge and would be nice to populate it. I have good knowledge but not enough to create / edit apk. Next item on the "to learn list".
Great! Expanding it to 6x6 would be a great exercise to learn with. Let us know how it works out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Martinjv71
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Is there an 8X8 scrolling floating around?
Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T

Rocking ViSiX !!!!!!!!