Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 46,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC DROID DNA Dock / Car Dock

Tip us?

RunNgun42
Old
(Last edited by RunNgun42; 17th November 2012 at 07:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaring afro View Post
I'm guessing it will be around $80 at verizon, if it is indeed wireless charging. At that point, I'd probably look into putting a Nexus 7 in my dash where the radio was.

Exactly what I did. Aside from the wow factor, I simply got tired of having to delicately insert/remove my phone from the cradle worrying each time I was going to snap off the charger, scratch something, and just weaken its lifespan overall. I'm going to get the DNA however just so that I can finally slap a phone into the dock without even thinking about it. After I sell my car of course.

Wizend
Old
Thanks Meter 5
That looks great. Good job man.

Tony

karim.a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much for your help (It means a lot)

flaring afro
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNgun42 View Post
Exactly what I did. Aside from the wow factor, I simply got tired of having to delicately insert/remove my phone from the cradle worrying each time I was going to snap off the charger, scratch something, and just weaken its lifespan overall. I'm going to get the DNA however just so that I can finally slap a phone into the dock without even thinking about it. After I sell my car of course.
Looks good. I'll definitely be doing something like this in a year, which is why I wouldn't pay much for a phone dock. Hopefully the Nexus 7 (or a newer version) will have LTE by then. I'd pay $10 a month to have the car a mobile hotspot and it would be nice that it had its own internet.

WorldOfJohnboy
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Looks like some 3rd party stores are prepping to carry Docks: http://www.htcdepot.com/htc-droid-dn...and-mounts.htm

I am going to get a wireless pad for work, then hope that a car dock and "home" dock will be sold by HTC and/or VZW. I'd rather not have to use a "generic" holder or modify my car's dash.

MikaelPe
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Default Car Dock for DNA coming

We at IBOLT will announce the DNA car-dock in the next week. It will work with all cases (even Otterbox Defender type) and you can turn it horizontal or vertical position with a very little of the Dock visible. The microUSB charging plug will trigger the HTC default car-mode (great app!) or anyone can download their favorite after-market app, type CarHome Ultra. Will post images within one week and link to availability.

JTNiggle
Old
(Last edited by JTNiggle; 25th November 2012 at 09:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelPe View Post
We at IBOLT will announce the DNA car-dock in the next week. It will work with all cases (even Otterbox Defender type) and you can turn it horizontal or vertical position with a very little of the Dock visible. The microUSB charging plug will trigger the HTC default car-mode (great app!) or anyone can download their favorite after-market app, type CarHome Ultra. Will post images within one week and link to availability.
Will it have wireless charging built in? Cause it doesn't sound like it when you mention usb. That would be a major fail for this product, imo anyway.

Edit: okay, I just saw in the other thread you mentioned wireless charging being built in, great news, get that thing out asap and I'll order at least 2.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
LG VX9800 - LG VX9900 - BB 8100 - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Hero - Evo 4G - Evo 3D - Incredible 2 - Bionic - Rezound - DNA - LG G2 - LG G3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JTNiggle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davpel
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Had the iBolt for my GS3 and loved it, so I'm very excited by this news. My only hope is that it is set up so that the phone goes in with the volume rocker on top rather than in the dock. This was the only problem with the GS3 version.

My expensive hobby.

geoff5093
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
That would be a major PITA if it's just USB, as we would have to uncover our USB port every time we wanted to use the dock.

ML417
Old
Thanks Meter 68
I would just buy a generic dock if it didn't have wireless charging, not worth the extra money otherwise.