HTC DROID DNA Dock / Car Dock

OP tehknics

17th November 2012, 07:27 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 52

453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaring afro

I'm guessing it will be around $80 at verizon, if it is indeed wireless charging. At that point, I'd probably look into putting a Nexus 7 in my dash where the radio was.

Exactly what I did. Aside from the wow factor, I simply got tired of having to delicately insert/remove my phone from the cradle worrying each time I was going to snap off the charger, scratch something, and just weaken its lifespan overall. I'm going to get the DNA however just so that I can finally slap a phone into the dock without even thinking about it. After I sell my car of course.
Last edited by RunNgun42; 17th November 2012 at 07:30 PM.
17th November 2012, 10:45 PM   |  #12  
Flag Sioux Falls
Thanks Meter: 5

38 posts
More
That looks great. Good job man.

Tony
18th November 2012, 01:14 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Thank you very much for your help (It means a lot)
18th November 2012, 04:14 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 57

466 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNgun42

Exactly what I did. Aside from the wow factor, I simply got tired of having to delicately insert/remove my phone from the cradle worrying each time I was going to snap off the charger, scratch something, and just weaken its lifespan overall. I'm going to get the DNA however just so that I can finally slap a phone into the dock without even thinking about it. After I sell my car of course.

Looks good. I'll definitely be doing something like this in a year, which is why I wouldn't pay much for a phone dock. Hopefully the Nexus 7 (or a newer version) will have LTE by then. I'd pay $10 a month to have the car a mobile hotspot and it would be nice that it had its own internet.
23rd November 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #15  
Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 52

470 posts
Donate to Me
More
Looks like some 3rd party stores are prepping to carry Docks: http://www.htcdepot.com/htc-droid-dn...and-mounts.htm

I am going to get a wireless pad for work, then hope that a car dock and "home" dock will be sold by HTC and/or VZW. I'd rather not have to use a "generic" holder or modify my car's dash.
25th November 2012, 07:49 PM   |  #16  
Flag Stony Brook
Thanks Meter: 136

220 posts
Car Dock for DNA coming
We at IBOLT will announce the DNA car-dock in the next week. It will work with all cases (even Otterbox Defender type) and you can turn it horizontal or vertical position with a very little of the Dock visible. The microUSB charging plug will trigger the HTC default car-mode (great app!) or anyone can download their favorite after-market app, type CarHome Ultra. Will post images within one week and link to availability.
25th November 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #17  
Pac NW
Thanks Meter: 256

634 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelPe

We at IBOLT will announce the DNA car-dock in the next week. It will work with all cases (even Otterbox Defender type) and you can turn it horizontal or vertical position with a very little of the Dock visible. The microUSB charging plug will trigger the HTC default car-mode (great app!) or anyone can download their favorite after-market app, type CarHome Ultra. Will post images within one week and link to availability.

Will it have wireless charging built in? Cause it doesn't sound like it when you mention usb. That would be a major fail for this product, imo anyway.

Edit: okay, I just saw in the other thread you mentioned wireless charging being built in, great news, get that thing out asap and I'll order at least 2.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
Last edited by JTNiggle; 25th November 2012 at 09:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JTNiggle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #18  
Flag Farmington Hills, MI
Thanks Meter: 26

316 posts
More
Quote:

Had the iBolt for my GS3 and loved it, so I'm very excited by this news. My only hope is that it is set up so that the phone goes in with the volume rocker on top rather than in the dock. This was the only problem with the GS3 version.
26th November 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #19  
Flag Goffstown, NH
Thanks Meter: 219

1,040 posts
More
Quote:

That would be a major PITA if it's just USB, as we would have to uncover our USB port every time we wanted to use the dock.
26th November 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #20  
Flag Blacksburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 68

369 posts
More
I would just buy a generic dock if it didn't have wireless charging, not worth the extra money otherwise.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread