This app+patched jars allows you to customize the behavior of your Nook. All customizations are opt-in and can be enabled/disabled through the use of the NTMM app. If you install the patched jars and do not configure them with using the app, your Nook's behavior will not change in any way.
- Re-map the n button, quicknav buttons (including the glowlight button), and top statusbar buttons to run installed programs or trigger defined actions (toggle glowlight, home, back, etc)
- Option to disable slide to unlock screensaver (avoid battery drain from constantly looping animation)
- Option to always show the back and menu buttons on the statusbar.
- Option to restore the Glowlight state after waking from screensaver.
- Option to disable or customize the "press the n button to unlock" text on the screensaver (1.2+ only)
- Option to remap side buttons (1.2+ only)
- Completely open source, including both the application and the patches to the jars
Requires patched jars.
Patches are available for software revisions 1.1.5, 1.2.0, and 1.2.1 (1.2.0 and 1.2.1 use the same patches). You can upgrade to 1.2.1 using the directions on the B&N support page.
Instructions for building the patched jars are available here: https://github.com/doozan/NookTouchPatches
Download NTMM 0.4.0