Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[APP] [Version 2] Holo-Themed Mms.apk for CM10

OP gridlock489

16th November 2012, 09:32 PM   |  #11  
gridlock489's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 73
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3holl4nd

Hmm.. I'm on AOKP and after getting it going, it's all black for me (no gradient background). I still have white text and give thanks because I like what you did! Keep up the good work, and let me know if you think of any fixes. Maybe i'll try out CM.

The gradient in this app is pulled from your framework-res files elsewhere in the Android system. If you applied a skin/tweak that changed this separate file to a plain black color (common for inverted apps), then the leftover file could be causing the background to be black too. A restore of your ROM should fix it although I don't know if that would be worth it

Sent from my One XL using xda premium
20th November 2012, 02:18 AM   |  #12  
edditnyc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 294
 
605 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
FRESH. Thanks for this!
24th November 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #13  
Skillfulshoe's Avatar
Member
Flag East Lansing
Thanks Meter: 32
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
No matter what I do, after changing the permissions and rebooting and wiping cache/dalvik, it will not install. Any suggestions?
24th November 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #14  
new ion?'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 278
 
1,512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Hey... there doesn't seem to be any way to tell what thread has the unread message?

Other than that i love it...

one thing i noticed, it doesn't seem to have the patch that auto brings up the keyboard in the quickmessage... will you be updating at all?

Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
Last edited by new ion?; 24th November 2012 at 08:07 PM.
26th November 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #15  
gridlock489's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 73
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion?

Hey... there doesn't seem to be any way to tell what thread has the unread message?

Other than that i love it...

one thing i noticed, it doesn't seem to have the patch that auto brings up the keyboard in the quickmessage... will you be updating at all?

Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Both of these are valid, I have had a busy holiday weekend but I'll be working on an update for later this week!

Sent from my One X using xda premium
26th November 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #16  
gridlock489's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 73
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillfulshoe

No matter what I do, after changing the permissions and rebooting and wiping cache/dalvik, it will not install. Any suggestions?

Which ROM are you using? The steps you have taken worked on all of the CM10 builds I have used, including the latest ones
Last edited by gridlock489; 26th November 2012 at 09:22 AM.
26th November 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #17  
new ion?'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 278
 
1,512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridlock489

Both of these are valid, I have had a busy holiday weekend but I'll be working on an update for later this week!

Sent from my One X using xda premium

Actually I figured the first one out! The persons name is bolded. Which is how it is in stock cm... lol can't believe I just said that...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to new ion? For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2012, 05:50 AM   |  #18  
gridlock489's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 73
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion?

Actually I figured the first one out! The persons name is bolded. Which is how it is in stock cm... lol can't believe I just said that...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Right you are, but I think I can make the unread conversation show up with a blue highlight. It isn't obvious enough currently, I sometimes miss texts. Stay tuned for the next version!
26th November 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #19  
Skillfulshoe's Avatar
Member
Flag East Lansing
Thanks Meter: 32
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
I'm using the stable build of CM10. It would always just quit installation and wouldn't say why. When I tried installing the original back, it worked just fine. So I'm not too sure what's wrong, maybe I'll try again later.

Sent from my One X using xda premium
26th November 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #20  
new ion?'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 278
 
1,512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillfulshoe

I'm using the stable build of CM10. It would always just quit installation and wouldn't say why. When I tried installing the original back, it worked just fine. So I'm not too sure what's wrong, maybe I'll try again later.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

Rename the old one MMS.apkbak, copy it to /system/app, fix perms to rw r r, reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik, and fix perms there. Reboot and bam. Money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, dark, holo, messaging, mms
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes