Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [Version 2] Holo-Themed Mms.apk for CM10

Tip us?

gridlock489
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3holl4nd View Post
Hmm.. I'm on AOKP and after getting it going, it's all black for me (no gradient background). I still have white text and give thanks because I like what you did! Keep up the good work, and let me know if you think of any fixes. Maybe i'll try out CM.
The gradient in this app is pulled from your framework-res files elsewhere in the Android system. If you applied a skin/tweak that changed this separate file to a plain black color (common for inverted apps), then the leftover file could be causing the background to be black too. A restore of your ROM should fix it although I don't know if that would be worth it

Sent from my One XL using xda premium

Previous Handsets: AT&T HTC One XL - AT&T Samsung Note II i317
Remember to hit thanks if anyone helped you out!

edditnyc
Old
Thanks Meter 294
FRESH. Thanks for this!

Skillfulshoe
Old
Thanks Meter 32
No matter what I do, after changing the permissions and rebooting and wiping cache/dalvik, it will not install. Any suggestions?
Sent from the Mariana Trench.

new ion?
Old
(Last edited by new ion?; 24th November 2012 at 07:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 278
Hey... there doesn't seem to be any way to tell what thread has the unread message?

Other than that i love it...

one thing i noticed, it doesn't seem to have the patch that auto brings up the keyboard in the quickmessage... will you be updating at all?

Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
Like Paintball? Heard of KEE Action Sports, or Empire Paintball? Check out Simonized! There's gonna be some sweet gear soon!

gridlock489
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
Hey... there doesn't seem to be any way to tell what thread has the unread message?

Other than that i love it...

one thing i noticed, it doesn't seem to have the patch that auto brings up the keyboard in the quickmessage... will you be updating at all?

Thank you!

Both of these are valid, I have had a busy holiday weekend but I'll be working on an update for later this week!

Sent from my One X using xda premium

gridlock489
Old
(Last edited by gridlock489; 26th November 2012 at 08:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillfulshoe View Post
No matter what I do, after changing the permissions and rebooting and wiping cache/dalvik, it will not install. Any suggestions?
Which ROM are you using? The steps you have taken worked on all of the CM10 builds I have used, including the latest ones

new ion?
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridlock489 View Post
Both of these are valid, I have had a busy holiday weekend but I'll be working on an update for later this week!

Actually I figured the first one out! The persons name is bolded. Which is how it is in stock cm... lol can't believe I just said that...

Like Paintball? Heard of KEE Action Sports, or Empire Paintball? Check out Simonized! There's gonna be some sweet gear soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to new ion? For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gridlock489
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
Actually I figured the first one out! The persons name is bolded. Which is how it is in stock cm... lol can't believe I just said that...

Right you are, but I think I can make the unread conversation show up with a blue highlight. It isn't obvious enough currently, I sometimes miss texts. Stay tuned for the next version!

Skillfulshoe
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I'm using the stable build of CM10. It would always just quit installation and wouldn't say why. When I tried installing the original back, it worked just fine. So I'm not too sure what's wrong, maybe I'll try again later.

Sent from the Mariana Trench.

new ion?
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillfulshoe View Post
I'm using the stable build of CM10. It would always just quit installation and wouldn't say why. When I tried installing the original back, it worked just fine. So I'm not too sure what's wrong, maybe I'll try again later.

Rename the old one MMS.apkbak, copy it to /system/app, fix perms to rw r r, reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik, and fix perms there. Reboot and bam. Money

Tags
cm10, dark, holo, messaging, mms