PACman ROM - True All in 1 - [JB 4.3][PA3.99][AOKP-MR2][CM10.2] - [NIGHTLIES]
PAC-man ROM is a combination of the three Super ROMs Available
Paranoid Android + AOKP + Cyanogenmod = PAC-man
This ROM packs all the tweaks from the three super ROMs into one.
Why choose among ROMs, When you have All-in-One !!
Check Screenshots Tab
* All in One Rom [PA, AOKP and CM]
* PhoneUI, TabletUI, PhabletUI
* Latest Version Nightly Builds
* All Feautures from PA
* Some Features from AOKP
* All Features from CM (Kernel too)
* Parts from Slim Bean
* Parts from Rootbox
* Parts from Carbon
* Basically if there is a cool feature out there and its open source,
then we will try to bring that feature into PAC-man
(insert PAC-man eating a pellet sound here)
* Of course JellyBean 4.3
23.0.0 -> 4.3
Dropped Numer Changelog System [bluefa1con & Papa Smurf151]
Upgraded to Android 4.3 [Bkjolly & bluefa1con & Goldflame0 & g2user & Mithun46 & Owain94 & slz.kiev & Sniper & wedgess & zyonee]
Update all CM, PA & AOKP commits [Goldflame09 & slz.kiev & wedgess & zyonee]
Added Halo colors [C457 & Owain94]
Removed Goo Manager [Goldflame09 & Singh_dd93]
Added PAC Console app [pvyParts]
Added PacPapers [Papa Smurf151 & pvyParts]
Mass Reorganisation off all settings and removal of separate Rom control [Owain94]
Added status bar weather from AOKP [Owain94]
Merged PAC in Black [Singh_dd93]
Added new boot animation [One2thTexan]
Changed to new default wallpaper [One2thTexan]
Swapped AOKP performance control for CM [Owain94]
Animate Developer Partition icon [pvyParts]
Added Partition information settings [Owain94]
* Full Changelog
* Nightly Changelog
* Download the ROM and GApps
* Reboot to Recovery
* Wipe data/factory reset
* Format System
* Flash the ROM and then GAapps
* Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
* Reboot your phone
* Download the latest version
* Reboot to Recovery
* Flash the ROM
* Wipe dalvik cache and cache
* Reboot your phone
* And enjoy the latest version of PAC
* Any issues you face after this do a data wipe, check and then log
* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!
* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!
* Do not ask for ETAs!!
Q. What is PIE? A. PIE is a new way to interact with your notifications. It provides easy gesture based interaction with all your system information without taking up valuable screen space. PIE is what you see in this image.
Q. How do I access Pie? A. Swipe your finger from the pie gravity edge (default is the bottom) toward the center of your screen. While keeping your finger on the screen, drag your finger to the desired button and release to click.
Q. My PIE doesn't look like the ones in the screenshots. I don't see the Clock or notifications. A. Notifications work either through the status bar or PIE. If the status bar is enabled, PIE reverts to just the softkeys. To enable the full PIE experience, enable Expanded Desktop by going to Settings -> System -> Power Menu -> Expanded Desktop (Status bar hidden). Access the power menu and turn Expanded Desktop on.
Q. How do I change PIE colors? A. Go to Settings -> Hybrid Properties -> Interface and change the Navigation bar color.
Q. Buttons or keyboard rows near the edge of my screen are nonresponsive. A. PIE's trigger area overlay is covering the edge of your screen. Change either the Trigger Area or Pie Gravity in Settings -> System -> PIE Settings.
Q. I don't like PIE, how do I turn it off? A. To disable PIE set Trigger Area to None in Settings -> System -> Pie Settings. Remember to disable Expanded Desktop to turn status bar on again.
Q.Do I need to do a full wipe before installing this ROM? A. Unless coming from a previous version of PACman it is highly recommended to do a full wipe before installing. This includes coming from ParanoidAndroid ROMs.
Q.How do I turn on the Navigation Bar?? A.To enable the NavBar open Hybrid Properties, swipe the screen to the right to peek through to the menu.
Select Interface, now set your desired NavBar size with the slider.
Q.Something isn't working. What do I do? A.First, make sure you are running the latest stable version. Try a backup data using Titanium and do a full wipe reinstall. If the problem persists, report what it is and what triggers it so the dev can duplicate it.
Q.What is the difference between normal Gapps and PA Gapps? A.The PA Gapps are more angled for a multi DPI setup, although I've personally had no issues with the normal Gapps
Q.Where are the Samsung features and can I use the S-pen? A.This is an AOSP rom and therefore it doesn't have any of the Samsung apps (SNote etc) because they need the Touchwiz framework and yes you can use the Spen but its functions are very limited at the minute in time... If you want the Samsung Apps and Spen functionality don't use this rom... simple
Yes folks SHINGERS5 here again with another how to install/flash guide this time for P.A.C rom for SGN2
This guide was made using TWRP recovery as in my opinion it offers a far greater experience and functionality than CWM.
PLease flash the ROM as stated here to ensure that you keep the best out of this build
- copy rom zip and gapps of your choice to external sdcard
- Flash TWRP RECOVERY from this thread
- Reboot into recovery by either using extended power menu on most custom roms but if on stock hold power + vol up + home button for a few secs. phone will turn off then release power button when samsung note 2 anime appears. keep hold vol up + home button till recovery boots up. also can install quickboot app from market and use that
- once in recovery choose the wipe menu and click factory reset, then cache then dalvik and finally system
- press back to9 return to main menu and click install
- TWRP enables you to flash multiple zips at once so choose PAC rom zip from external sdcard then click add more zips and choose gapps of your choice either 4.12 or latest 4.2. once zips have been added slide cursor across to install the rom+gapps.
- once finished menu will display wipe cache + dalvik so choose that and swipe across again to wipe
- once done click reboot system
- enjoy the rom and thank us for our hard work
Procedure for CWM 6.0.15
- Copy rom and gapps to root of external sdcard
- Reboot into recovery from any of the methods mentioned above
- Wipe data/factory rest
- Wipe cache
- In advanced menu wipe dalvik cache and fix permissions
- In mounts and storage format system
- Install from sdcard and choose install from external sdcard
- Choose PAC rom zip and install
- Choose gapps of your choice and install
- Wipe Cache
- WIpe dalvik cache
- Reboot system
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100 All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely
After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it
The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to shingers5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Try it and remember that to get all the paranoid goodness from the rom, you will need to get paranoidpreferences.apk from a PA rom and push it to system/app or the easier method is just drop it in the zip before you flash it...
While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more
22 Sep 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?