5,594,805 Members 37,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless Charging

Tip us?

drumz0rz
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I'm thinking of picking up the LG pad (and ripping the speaker out) to put on my desk. I can't think of anything more convenient that just putting the phone down and it charging up. I'll probably continue to use a charger at night for now. I'm not really crazy about the LG pad, and you know there'll be more options out there soon. I'd rather hold off and get one that's maybe more stylish, or slimmer (and no beep!) before I invest in a second pad.

I'd like to see a USB powered pad if possible, so I could toss it in my bag and take it to work with me (no free outlets at my desk so I currently charge my phone through the USB port).

nkd
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I just ordered the nokia charger from verizons website, it is compatible with DNA.

Matto2007
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Long Term Use

I have read that wireless charging causes the battery to get warmer than corded charging. I wonder since this is a non-replaceable battery will that effect the overall life of the battery. Is anyone else worried about long term use of a charging pad. I love the idea but wonder if it will cause issues later on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matto2007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

geoff5093
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto2007 View Post
I have read that wireless charging causes the battery to get warmer than corded charging. I wonder since this is a non-replaceable battery will that effect the overall life of the battery. Is anyone else worried about long term use of a charging pad. I love the idea but wonder if it will cause issues later on.
What I'm worried about is the constant charging and discharging that will happen when we're forced to charge it over night, at work, and then in the car.

luke1333
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 105
also picked up a wireless pad for the dna and it was only $35 on amazon! i was shocked! great deal! dont know how far away it will work from the pad???

jj3699
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1333 View Post
also picked up a wireless pad for the dna and it was only $35 on amazon! i was shocked! great deal! dont know how far away it will work from the pad???
Could you provide a link please

goathog02
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1333 View Post
...dont know how far away it will work from the pad???
The phone has to be on the pad for it to charge.

luke1333
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj3699 View Post
Could you provide a link please
right here man....

http://www.amazon.com/LG-WCP-700-Por...g+charging+pad

welcome!

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by goathog02 View Post
The phone has to be on the pad for it to charge.
so it wont work an inch above at all?

volfan22
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I didn't see it answered anywhere, but if you go with the wireless charger will you be able to keep a slim case on it? I don't want to put an otterbox on it or anything since it is already a pretty big phone, but I would like to put one of those slim form-fitting cases on it.

treadwayj
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan22 View Post
I didn't see it answered anywhere, but if you go with the wireless charger will you be able to keep a slim case on it? I don't want to put an otterbox on it or anything since it is already a pretty big phone, but I would like to put one of those slim form-fitting cases on it.
the one i just picked up today says that it is wireless charger compatible, i will know for sure tomorrow when i get to the office and throw it on there. if it isnt, it will be going back super quick