Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Seems to me T-Mobile GS3 will be receiving LTE

OP ddizzy81

15th November 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
the nice thing about MSM8960 SOC board is that the radios can be programmed to virtually any current GSM, HSPA or LTE frequency in use in the United States today. the board has a RAT lock on it and not sure if it can be unlocked but all GS3's support any of the three frequency's. now if any one knows how to unlock and program them thats another story.. and just cause the software has a setting doesnt mean tmobile put it in there. and with the gs4 launching in feb-mar im not to sure they would even update the gs3. every one wants lte and if you have to buy a new phone to get it then thats how they make money.
Last edited by moxis; 15th November 2012 at 03:38 AM.
15th November 2012, 06:25 AM   |  #12  
Flag 213
Thanks Meter: 96

444 posts
More
Well I have talk to several people from samsung and tmobile and they said that the s3 is capable of the LTE, but you can't use them till the end of this year and beginning of 2013 .I hope this is true, if you guys don't believed me ask Samsung or T-Mobile and I try 5 times different people and they all told me the same ....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to walliester For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 62

330 posts
More
To add to this... if you go on the app manager in the setting.. and go on the all apps.. u ll notice these 2 apps
Com.test.LTEfunctionality.. and com.test.LTEtestmodesetting.
Explain this

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Djapatos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2012, 08:34 AM   |  #14  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 618

2,533 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djapatos

To add to this... if you go on the app manager in the setting.. and go on the all apps.. u ll notice these 2 apps
Com.test.LTEfunctionality.. and com.test.LTEtestmodesetting.
Explain this

This is probably because they use the same build for all 4 models and it's easier to leave it in since 3 carriers carry it?

But anyways the s2 Hercules also had that option, but the hardware didn't allow it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Teo032 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2012, 09:01 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 614

1,527 posts
More
Seriously I could care less about LTE. First off, I get great speeds with hspa, second, by the time LTE has arrived I will have already moved on to another phone that supports LTE.

Sent from Flip's S3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flipq88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2012, 02:35 PM   |  #16  
Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 329

2,076 posts
By the time lte does roll out... The galaxy s4 will be out and most of us will switch to it. And I'm pretty sure the s4 will support lte

15th November 2012, 03:33 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 44

574 posts
myb
15th November 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 32

264 posts
A simple Google search will show that this model of the S3 does not have an lte radio.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
15th November 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #19  
Account currently disabled
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 1

152 posts
More
I dont' think they would pull out the LTE radio from thew chip just for T-mobile so I'm sure it's there BUT, T-mobile as being plain greedy of all companies across world has to release their Long Term Evolution Network on band NOT supported by S3 they will make more money on new phones possible Galaxy S3 Rocket or whatever
15th November 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 4,467

6,918 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddizzy81

I'm listening of course I just have a different opinion

Sent from my SGH-T999

Well thats your opinion. THere is no reason to post a thread about an opinion with zero information backing it up. It is quite rude of you actually. DocHoliday has been telling everyone that there is no possible way for our phone to support LTE. And why does he say this? Well because thats his opinion, but he has it backed by very simple to understand hardware specs. LTE is a total separate radio then the standard GSM that our device has. So unless they release a new S3 for T-Mobile, then the S3 will never see LTE. There is no amount of software hacking that will put a hardware component into a device. And every T-Mobile person i have asked confirmed the S3 will NOT support LTE. SO EVERYONE just leave it already.

What really annoys me is how you decided you just had to create a whole separate thread about this which has been discussed hundreds of times. you have an opinion great, post in a thread that already exists.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo032

This is probably because they use the same build for all 4 models and it's easier to leave it in since 3 carriers carry it?

But anyways the s2 Hercules also had that option, but the hardware didn't allow it.

Was just about to say this. Thanks Teo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread