The Live Demo Unit (N7100X on the box) says it has no baseband inside as well as it has an advertising video running (which can be disabled) and no lockscreen .... maybe few more things but thats not important ....
I have flashed a standard 4.1.1 Samsung software inside using Odin (download mode on demo unit is accessible) and the phone now have all the features (lockscreen, play store .... etc) but still no baseband and it has an extra problem - it is switching off after some time with display off.
I am thinking of two things:
1) Returning the Live Demo Unit software back - I have another one so if it is possible to extract binary from the second one - to this point ... thinking of rooting another demo unit (if root goes) with CWM and using nandbackup from this one to my current ... but damage 2 demo units is not what I want to do ... hope I get some more of them great as a portable multimedia device
2) Flashing it the right way so it will become a full phone (hope dies last) - probably the device will not have an IMEI number so calling wouldnt be possible ... but it can have lockscreen and market ...
Few questions I still cant get answers for:
1) Does it has the modem installed or is it blocked a software way
2) Is the partition same as in standard phone? - standard samsung firmware flashed without problems (single file firmware)
3) Are there any more features hidden by samsung - I am sure samsung is not stupid to sell a full phone for €2 ....... but I still have hope
I would appreciate any help on any of these issues - I am no developer so I don't understand much things under the hood. The €2 Live Demo Unit N7100X turned into €500 N7100 full phone may be your award (if you get any demo unit ).
Have a nice day and thank you all !!!
PS: I am aware of THIS closed thread in General section - but the question is not the same ...