Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2 random reboots

Tip us?

mortek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 4.2 random reboots

I flashed the 4.2 update zip through twrp recovery and since I've been having random reboots (watching youtube, playing a game, reading a forum, or just doing nothing).

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

PikkonX
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Same here. I had a random reboot while just sitting at the homescreen. Never had that happen before in two months of owning it. N7 has been my most stable Android yet until 4.2...

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

ronin688
Old
(Last edited by ronin688; 15th November 2012 at 02:08 PM.) Reason: Clarification
Thanks Meter 1
I just had mine reboot while it was sitting unused on my desk. I saw a flash and looked up and the boot animation was going. I hadn't touched it in at least an hour or two.

Never saw that behavior before 4.2.

Edit: Sorry forgot to add I'm stock. Not unlocked or rooted, stock OTA updates only.

hmf_x5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikkonX View Post
Same here. I had a random reboot while just sitting at the homescreen. Never had that happen before in two months of owning it. N7 has been my most stable Android yet until 4.2...

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
Had the same thing after doing an OTA update (stock). Right after the update everything worked fine. It started to get bad a few hours after I added a second user (just for the fun of it). I had terrible lag and sometimes the N7 just rebooted Today I did a factory reset and now (at least at the moment) everything is fine. N7 has also been my most stable Android, and 4.2 was the first time ever I had to do a factory reset (note that I also have the Transformer Prime which was very unstable and laggy until 4.1 !)

miki67
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I experienced the same issue, a couple of random reboot since last evening 4.2 update never had before... very annoying

mortek
Old
(Last edited by mortek; 15th November 2012 at 03:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmf_x5 View Post
Had the same thing after doing an OTA update (stock). Right after the update everything worked fine. It started to get bad a few hours after I added a second user (just for the fun of it). I had terrible lag and sometimes the N7 just rebooted Today I did a factory reset and now (at least at the moment) everything is fine. N7 has also been my most stable Android, and 4.2 was the first time ever I had to do a factory reset (note that I also have the Transformer Prime which was very unstable and laggy until 4.1 !)
So I did a factory reset and now Play Store keeps giving me an error saying "Update could not be downloaded due to an error" whenever I try to update the system apps, and a similar error when I try to download a new app.

The connection is working, I tested it by browsing with Chrome and by browsing the store itself.

Weird stuff.

update:
I solved the playstore issue by deleting and re-adding my google account.

schism70
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Random reboot here also. The one that I know of just happened while sitting here at my desk. Noticed the Nexus 'X' boot logo on the screen. Battery life blows now, too.

Did the OTA update to 4.2 the first night it was available. Never unlocked or rooted.

coversnail
Old
Thanks Meter 348
I had one when YouTube was buffering a video

AndyXS
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Stock 4.2 . unrooted. I can confirm the random reboots since i upgraded to 4.2

Happened in YouTube and whilst playing Jelly Defense...
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyXS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lrm537
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Just got one too. Just woke it up and started Google Reader and instantly got the boot screen. Stock OTA, unlocked & rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2