Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [AOSP] LIQUIDSMOOTH JellyBean [4.1.2] RC 8 [QUINCYATT] 15th November

Tip us?

skinblues
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Downloaded but not installed. If they're corrupt than I'll just wait it out until they're up again.

RCranium666
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Why is the file size so small compared to Padawan ics rom?

charlesthedestroyer
Old
(Last edited by charlesthedestroyer; 15th November 2012 at 08:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCranium666 View Post
Why is the file size so small compared to Padawan ics rom?
because this is bare basics of jelly bean, it doesnt even come with the playstore. While padawan comes with a bunch of stuff.

Flashing right now with latest jb gapps, not liquid gapps, because the link was down. I love slow days at work. I will report back later

skinblues
Old
Thanks Meter 4
It's also 29 MB smaller than RC7, but the addons are a separate 18 MB file. Maybe they were included for RC7. Overall, the sizes seem fine.

taob
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10 View Post
Is there really a difference between installing an app from the market, and restoring app-only from TB?
I suspect there is a difference, but whether that difference is the cause for the various problems people might have is a different question. I don't think TB goes through the package manager when restoring an app. It simply copies (to my knowledge) the .apk back into /data/app. Restoring data copies back the appropriate subdirectory in /data/data . If you look in your TB backup folder, you'll see three files associated with each backup instance: the APK, the tar file with the /data/data directory structure, and a properties text file.

Quote:
Furthermore, has it been proven that restoring data causes problems with THIS rom?(JB to JB,not including system apps, although most stuff in green work flawlessly )?
I can see how simply re-copying the files might cause problems whereas running through the installation process (which may or may not involve an installation script and tweaking some system databases that Package Manager normally handles) is the "official" method. But I don't know if that's merely correlation, or if actual causation has been established. I think the warning is more of a cover-your-ass approach, since in most instances we simply don't know. So to be safe, we are told to not use TB, even though it might not be causing any problems. My approach has been to restore only user app+data with TB. If there is a problem, I will uninstall the app and reinstall from Google Play to see if that makes a difference.

For example, I'm seeing a problem with the Liquid Launcher with RC8. If I try to install any widget, the launcher crashes. I don't know if this was a problem with RC7, since I was using GO Launcher EX and I could add widgets to it just fine. I uninstalled the widgets in question (HD Widgets and Agenda), reinstalled from Google Play, and the problem persists. Even the built-in analog clock widget is causing Liquid Launcher to crash, so I'm pretty sure this isn't because I restored my other widgets with TB. But just to be completely sure, I'm wiping everything and starting over to see if it makes a difference.

charlesthedestroyer
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by taob View Post

For example, I'm seeing a problem with the Liquid Launcher with RC8. If I try to install any widget, the launcher crashes. I don't know if this was a problem with RC7, since I was using GO Launcher EX and I could add widgets to it just fine. I uninstalled the widgets in question (HD Widgets and Agenda), reinstalled from Google Play, and the problem persists. Even the built-in analog clock widget is causing Liquid Launcher to crash, so I'm pretty sure this isn't because I restored my other widgets with TB. But just to be completely sure, I'm wiping everything and starting over to see if it makes a difference.
I am experiencing the same crashes with widgets. I wiped dalvik, cache, system and I restored no apps.

taob
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Default Liquid Launcher crashes when adding widgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by taob View Post
Confirmed the problem with adding widgets. I did a factory reset, logged back into my Google account, but did not even visit the Play store. Tried adding the default analog clock widget to Liquid Launcher. Crash. Tried adding the default power control widget. Crash. Anyone else getting this? Let me install QuickSSHD so I can at least login to the phone and grab a logcat...

mangiant
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Installed successfully for me (clean install from stock touchwiz).

No crashes, all is well except for 1 thing so far:

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I can't set google now settings. When I select "settings", a "google now has stopped working" dialog pops up and very quickly disappears.
SE W810i -> iPhone 3G -> SE X10a -> Samsung Galaxy SII X -> Samsung Galaxy Note LTE

Bataga
Old
Thanks Meter 695
Still fc when opening display in settings. Can't set to landscape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
"Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast!" \m/ \m/
Note N900T
i337 Gee Es Four
NexuS 10
Note i717
Note N900A w/ VIPER AUDIO!! (mp3 player )

omariscal1019
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Its aweso.e download and install this morning... havent had a reboot... the keyboard heptic feedback is awesome...

So satble and fast... lovin it..

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe