Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 38,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

razr maxx hd build quality

Tip us?

keithquick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default razr maxx hd build quality

I just noticed today that the corner of the phone was not installed correctly the edge of the aluminum is coming up. I was wondering if this can be fixed.or do I need to take it back to Verizon and raise hell for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-159514_17_57_.jpg
Views:	1200
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	1484514  

YankInDaSouth
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithquick View Post
I just noticed today that the corner of the phone was not installed correctly the edge of the aluminum is coming up. I was wondering if this can be fixed.or do I need to take it back to Verizon and raise hell for it.
Is it offset enough to snag on stuff? If so I'd try and get it replaced - a few snags/tugs here and there and next thing you know that whole section may start to lift/pull away.

seh6183
Old
Thanks Meter 125
I wonder if this is an isolated incident? Haven't seen any other complaints of build quality.
Sent from my iPhone 4

GoClifGo05
Old
Thanks Meter 365
I've seen one other person complain of this... should get it replaced.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper
Retired: Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition / Droid X2

SFG
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Was it dropped?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

keithquick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No I have never dropped it. I talked to verizon, they thought they could fix it by tightening the screw at the bottom. When they brought it back out it still had the piece sticking out. I told them i wanted a new one and they agreed on a D.O.A., but they were out of stock now I have to wait a day or two to get one in.

SFG
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
No I have never dropped it. I talked to verizon, they thought they could fix it by tightening the screw at the bottom. When they brought it back out it still had the piece sticking out. I told them i wanted a new one and they agreed on a D.O.A., but they were out of stock now I have to wait a day or two to get one in.
Great news!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

YankInDaSouth
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Glad to hear they're taking care of it for you!

roach48
Old
Thanks Meter 2
no brainer,TAKE IT BACK.you already paid for that phone 10 times what vz paid for it.stand your ground you should not be even asking this question.

platinumrims
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach48 View Post
no brainer,TAKE IT BACK.you already paid for that phone 10 times what vz paid for it.stand your ground you should not be even asking this question.
So you think Verizon paid 20 to 70 dollars for it?

Yea take it back. If it gets worse they may try to say you dropped it or something.