Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,023 Members 41,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

razr maxx hd build quality

Tip us?

DoesntPostAThing
Old
Thanks Meter 1499
I'd say get it replaced.

SFG
Old
Thanks Meter 80
I think the OP has already exchanged it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

swboland
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumrims View Post
So you think Verizon paid 20 to 70 dollars for it?

Yea take it back. If it gets worse they may try to say you dropped it or something.
Easily...if they paid any more it wasnt by much. The phones are selling on amazon for $149.99 right now! That's right both the Maxx/non-Maxx versions of the Razr HD are available on amazon wireless for $149.99. Verizon charges $199 for the Razr HD and $299 for the Razr Maxx HD. If you think they're not robbing people you're blind, or stupid, or a Verizon shareholder. If amazon is making a profit (which I assure you, they are) selling these phones for up to half of what Verizon is selling them for, you can bet Verizon pays somewhere under $100 for these phones.

If you look at the Maxx, Verizon is basically charging $100 for ~800mAh more battery and 16gb more internal storage. This alone is a rip off.

I'm not sure how amazon can make a profit with the price they're asking for these phones (I'm guessing they make their margins in the volume they deal) but I suggest people looking to buy one of these phones jump on it. Or if you have recently purchased one of these phones, return it (within your 30 days, or possibly 14 days -- MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FINE PRINT AND FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE IT IS) and go through amazon to save yourself $150.

platinumrims
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by swboland View Post
Easily...if they paid any more it wasnt by much. The phones are selling on amazon for $149.99 right now! That's right both the Maxx/non-Maxx versions of the Razr HD are available on amazon wireless for $149.99. Verizon charges $199 for the Razr HD and $299 for the Razr Maxx HD. If you think they're not robbing people you're blind, or stupid, or a Verizon shareholder. If amazon is making a profit (which I assure you, they are) selling these phones for up to half of what Verizon is selling them for, you can bet Verizon pays somewhere under $100 for these phones.

If you look at the Maxx, Verizon is basically charging $100 for ~800mAh more battery and 16gb more internal storage. This alone is a rip off.

I'm not sure how amazon can make a profit with the price they're asking for these phones (I'm guessing they make their margins in the volume they deal) but I suggest people looking to buy one of these phones jump on it. Or if you have recently purchased one of these phones, return it (within your 30 days, or possibly 14 days -- MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FINE PRINT AND FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE IT IS) and go through amazon to save yourself $150.
Well you keep thinking that... Lol good luck

keithquick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well I received the new phone today. I installed all my apps back and the edges are smooth. But...... there is a spec of dust under the back coating of the phone. I am just gonna have to live with it. Hopefully it wears down, or I will just put a TPU case on it.

nabilnaoui
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yes its very great

mustangmanv6
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does your guys phones have a tiny bit of over hang on the coners?

Shawnkanan
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: razr maxx hd build quality

I do have on the right side where the power and volume rockers are a lip on the Kevlar is all of the demo's I have held don't seem to have this. I am pondering whether I should exchange it since I just bought it. All other sides seem to be Ok but you can feel it when holding it and it is kinda annoying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

radzer0
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Mine isnt lined up perfect. Noticed that day one but its inside a defender case so I could care less. If I replace it I may end up with a bitch phone that fails in some other way.