OP Dees_Troy

9th February 2013, 04:41 PM   |  #151  
Flag L.A. Area
Thanks Meter: 166

744 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn2burn

Thanks! Found the thread. Theme works well with new external vs internal storage selection buttons.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=twrp

Welcome !
10th February 2013, 09:34 PM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 778

1,787 posts
Donate to Me
Has anyone gotten USB OTG to work in this version of TWRP (or any version for that matter)? From what I understand, TWRP is supposed to support it, but I don't even see an option to mount a thumb drive. I've tried formatting it as FAT32 and EXT4. The phone sees them natively when it's booted into the OS, and they show up in /storage/USB. When I boot into recovery, there is no such folder. Am I doing something wrong or does this version not support it? I'm using the red TWRP re-sized theme, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
11th February 2013, 12:51 AM   |  #153  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 48

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris

Has anyone gotten USB OTG to work in this version of TWRP (or any version for that matter)? From what I understand, TWRP is supposed to support it, but I don't even see an option to mount a thumb drive. I've tried formatting it as FAT32 and EXT4. The phone sees them natively when it's booted into the OS, and they show up in /storage/USB. When I boot into recovery, there is no such folder. Am I doing something wrong or does this version not support it? I'm using the red TWRP re-sized theme, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Works on the test version he posted a few days ago. Very slick. Hopefully will be updated as his official version. PM me if you can't find it.
12th February 2013, 12:57 PM   |  #154  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 345

1,043 posts
More
The test version backs up to my 64gb microSD card adapter perfectly. Thanks for saving me space on the measly 11gb they gave us.
14th February 2013, 05:36 AM   |  #155  
RC-RT Liaison - Devil's Advocate
Thanks Meter: 10,241

11,489 posts
I used this to wipe the system and by mistake I wiped the storage after that.. ofcourse there was nothing on the phone or on the storage for me to flash.. tried mounting, but couldn't mount the storage for the life of me Went and bought an SD card.. put the rom on it and then inserted it on to the phone and flashed...

So, my question.. how come it did not mount the storage so I could transfer files from the laptop to the storage while in recovery
15th February 2013, 04:46 AM   |  #156  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO
Thanks Meter: 9,776

1,611 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG101

I used this to wipe the system and by mistake I wiped the storage after that.. ofcourse there was nothing on the phone or on the storage for me to flash.. tried mounting, but couldn't mount the storage for the life of me Went and bought an SD card.. put the rom on it and then inserted it on to the phone and flashed...

So, my question.. how come it did not mount the storage so I could transfer files from the laptop to the storage while in recovery

http://teamw.in/DataMedia
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 04:03 PM   |  #157  
RC-RT Liaison - Devil's Advocate
Thanks Meter: 10,241

11,489 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dees_Troy

http://teamw.in/DataMedia

So I should just do a factory reset, rather than individually formatting... hmmm..
16th February 2013, 03:23 PM   |  #158  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 27

216 posts
If you have adb installed on your computer (as part of the Android SDK) you can push files to the sdcard from a PC while in TWRP:

C:\> adb push c:\Users\toto\rom.zip /sdcard
18th February 2013, 02:39 AM   |  #159  
Thanks Meter: 778

1,787 posts
Donate to Me
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]
Has anyone else had problems restoring nandroids on the test version? Every time I try to restore a backup I have to redo it like 3 or 4 times before it actually works, and even then it takes some experimentation to get it to boot. It will either reboot in the middle of restore and leave me with a corrupted os or it will freeze at the boot screen after it has "restored successfully." I haven't really figured out a reliable way to get it to work. Twice so far I've had to reinstall from scratch because the restore didn't work.
25th February 2013, 05:28 PM   |  #160  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO
Thanks Meter: 9,776

1,611 posts
Donate to Me
More
[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.2.0 touch recovery [2013-02-25]

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread