* ADDED ARCH Linux *
Tubuntu - One Click Installer for Windows
Hi, i recently been seeing myself flashing my tf101 a lot using OLiFE2. yes my main os is linux but i also use windows and came across a lot of people asking about windows verison SBK2 for ubuntu installer. I found modified version of Frankc123 tools http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1760513 but it's down. so i created a new one from scratch.
lilstevie for his OLiFE scripts
and a few more. (i will find there names and edit this post again)
*Name is still Pending. couldn't think of a good name when i was making this tool. suggestions are welcomed!
you know the usual stuff. use are your own risk blah blah might brick.. will not help your become rocket scientest... yea that stuff.
this was made using VS2010. package needed to run will be dot net 4.0. google is your friend
this is very alpha not all the features are implemented yet
v0.4.7: fixed sbk1 device flashing. v0.4.6beta: reworked the code for loading into sync mode for sbk1 devices basically wasted my time with version 0.4.4b & 0.4.5b due to this new update =P v0.4.5beta: removed --setbct parameter for sbk1 devices v0.4.4beta: fixed bct loader for sbk1 devices v0.4.3beta: fix bootloader injection for sbk1 devices v0.4.2beta: fixed more bugs not initiating wheelie when needed to for sbk2 devices v0.4.1beta: fixed syntax error for flashing kernels v0.4beta: added sbk1 support(not tested nor confirmed yet) re coded flashing method fixed kernel flashing fixed only ubuntu boot fixed only ubuntu/android boot v0.3alpha: added RootFS install only option to selected partition added 2.6x x3maniac kernel to the mix removed uboot kernel image.( i will not be developing on uboot yet) reduces zip from 80mb to 50mb. quicker download for faster hacking =) v0.2.2alpha: fixed ubuntu/android flash.(ubuntu as default was not booting) fixed timing issue caused with apx mode detection. v0.2.1alpha: added APX mode detection.(now this app will let you know if you are really in apx mode, using drivers i provided) v0.2alpha: added logo added ability to for different flashes and restore back to stock added different recovery CWM and TWRP added kernel flashing for chromium or jhanti fix textbox not updating with console few bug fixes in program v0.1a: initial release
when flashing with Ubuntu Only. kernel panic and keeps rebooting. i am working on a fix.program appears to not be doing anything while flashing device. if it's not frozen and window can be dragged around it's working. wait for device to reboot. usually 15 - 20 mins to upload 1gb Not my program bug. but should be mentioned. After you flash your device the 1st time. let Prime run until welcome screen. then you can flash twrp to flash custom rom. Failure to do so and flashing custom rom without letting prime run will cause boot loop in newly flashed custom rom. i havn't looked into the logcat but i'm pretty sure that the data partion don't match or something.
I have now made my new kernel which supports Mount-Loop!! thanks to transformador for the suggestion.
what does this mean?
this means that you can now just place the ubuntu.img in your internal sdcard and boot the image.
How it works?
i have turned this into a blob file(can be flash with cwm or twrp). which mean you can boot into your recovery flash ubuntu-mountloop.zip. To go back to your android you would need the kernel blob that goes along with the rom your are using. http://www.mediafire.com/?labcx60jowrdx which can be found here. (this is not my link)
Need more information?
Thanks again to TomTcom for putting together instruction to get BLUETOOTH working!!!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128080
FOLLOW THIS UPDATED GUIDE [GUIDE][Win32/64][Dual Boot] For SBK2 Install of TFUbuntu for x3Maniac Thread by Kingzak34 & don't forget to thank him!!
download the prime image and have it named system.img(if not so already) and place it in the /images folder
download the ubuntu image of your choice and name it ubuntu.img and plce it in the images folder.
go into APX mode. (press volumn up & power at the same time until screen goes black) for windows try to listen for a usb connected sound( for linux type lsusb and look for nvidia(not asus))
Dual Boot A/U:
use flash from dual boot a/u option and wait for device to reboot.
Flash Recovery for Custom rom:
to flash custom rom. goto advanced option and use "flash TWRP recovery" and click "flash". the button will now say "reflash" to reflash the kernel back into the recovery partition.
this option is to install the drivers for APX mode.
tubuntu v0.4.7 [1mb] Executable ONLY - download v0.4.2b and replace the tubuntu.exe with this one
download v0.4.7 (jan, 3 2013)
tubuntu v0.4.6beta [1mb] Executable ONLY - download v0.4.2b and replace the tubuntu.exe with this one
download v0.4.6b (dec, 10 2012)
tubuntu v0.4.2beta [78mb] without Prime(system.img) or ubuntu.img
download v0.4.2b (dec, 7 2012)
tubuntu v0.3alpha [57mb] without Prime(system.img) or ubuntu.img
Prime ROM[stock hc w/ root](system.img)
Tubuntu In Action! video submitted by hugantic
Ubuntu Raring Ringtail (13.04) is up on goo.im
This is a ubuntu-core image.(this mean it has nothing)
for a quick and dirty howto check post #652
- added Nano
- added WPA_SUPPLICANT
- added kernel supplicants(2.6.36-12.10+)
- added wifi modules on boot
- Image is 200M
this is a nightly development from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/daily/20130201/
i have this up cause when 13.04 does launch i know what i'm dealing with =)
ARCH Linux for ARM (alarm)
Arch Linux - http://goo.im/devs/x3maniac 151M
More Details for How To
- this is a build it yourself system.
- It Boots
- root password: family
Lubuntu v1.2 (12.10) - http://goo.im/devs/x3maniac 496.01 MB
only added support for 2.6.36 kernel.(if you want to use newer kernels must installed kernel and supplements)
- please review all change log from previous version to see what and how much i have done
- zram is broken with kernel 2.6.36 (I am working on patching this up to new zram variation)
- added multi-touch support
- minimize - three finger down swipe
- scroll - two finger up or down
- maximize - three finger up swipe
- move window - 3 finger drag
- right click - two finger tap
- fixed boot loop when using "reboot to recovery" from android space
- fixed typos on applations not starting
- updated a few program forked from "raring" 13.04
- removed unnecessary boot up bloat
- fixed conky from dissappearing when clicking on desktop
- sound works (must use alsamixer and enable DACL & DACR)
- Hot plugging works!
- DO NOT INSTALL NVIDIA DRIVERS!!(18.104.22.168 does not have hw acceleration)
Lubuntu V1.1-rc1 (12.10)- [download] -382mb 1.4G unrar (wip)(i don't have dock yet so some stuff can't be tested. but it's stable @ 1.2ghz)
Don't forget to download and flash the new kernel below
- lots of fixes read post #236 remember to thank Serkenar!!
- changed swappiness to 10
- now will start on performance mode on boot(had to recompile the kernel for that)
- added script in rc.local to fix sound on boot up(you will now hear a slight click noise on boot, means sound should be working)
- added scripts to brighten and darken screen(can't test yet but should would with function keys on keyboard)
- using newest 3.1.10 kernel forked from jhinta(i just overclocked it)
- added script to turn off backlight completely when xscreensaver "blanks" screen
added initial firstboot script to re-partition file systembroken: run "sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p8" (in terminal for now until i get it working again) sound is working
- added cpufreq goverenor controller(located in menu/preferences/cpu-goverenor)
- added conky (auto starts with session)
- changed XF86poweroff button to disable screen(instead of logoff-selection)
- added adb support(jhinta kernel break it, do doesn't work. i'm looking for a fix)
- removed programs that our tablet can't use(example: xbacklight)
- added zram support
- added cifs support(to mount window shares install cifs-utils)
- fixed nvidia tegra headers(now can be installed via "software sources" and disabled if needed)
- added support for ntfs read and write support
- chromium fixed
- added some what of a patching system. to upgrade my builds without having to reflash.
- added default user "user" (password family)
- fixed "waiting for network". no more waiting
- removed option with onbaord on boot in favor or default user
- added gnome-system-manager (much better i think)
- removed extra /lib/modules/ not needed
- fixed apparmor complaining issues on boot.
- added kernel boot to show everything(easier to debug for me, will be removed in future release when i know it's stable)
- some more stuff i can't seem to think of( just bug fixes).
- kernel issue: usb stuff gotta be plugged in before you turn on device
- kernel issue: touch pad not working(look at post #154 & #206 for fix)
Discussion starts from page 13: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...995157&page=13
Lubuntu (12.10)- download - 448mb zip 1.5gb unzipped -now its working, but still don't have my dock =(
- removed ubiquity
- removed oem-config-firstinstall
- removed wpa-supplicant on boot in flavor of network manager(much easier)
- pre-installed all packages needed to startup and run
- added support for kernel 2.6x and 3.1x
- hardware accereration fully working
- (not working )added onboard support for login(people without dock)
- added resize2fs on boot (first time) to resize ubuntu image to fill partition (6gb)
- pre-installed openssh
- more stuff like bug fixes.
what's not working yet:
**do not use android os to reboot to recovery - you will be stuck in recovery boot loop!**
if you happen to be stuck in recovery loop type this in terminal
sudo echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0
webcam(don't think this will ever work)
this is a LXDE destop version of ubuntu http://lubuntu.net/ light weight and works pretty fast with our devices. i have not been able to fully test if this linux image is stable. currently still waiting for my keyboard to arrive. i will be making this lubuntu image better as i go.
(root password is family i changed it due to hurricane Sandy, yes i'm from NYC)
i'm in the works for my own Lubuntu Image and Arch linux. (waiting for my keyboard dock to arrive but i do have both os booted)
I use netinstaller v0.5 (smaller file size) v0.6(more bug fixes and better support for no dock)
shaola Debian image
#470 Controlling your CPU for stability
Stable kernels (use with care for OC version)
2.6.36 - [cpu 1.6 ghz] [gpu 400mhz] - download
benchmarks - blowfish score 30
glxgear - 70 fps
2.6.36 - [cpu 1.4 ghz] [gpu 300mhz] - download
benchmarks - blowfish score 36
glxgear - 59 fps
2.6.36 - [cpu 1.2 ghz] [gpu 300mhz] - download
benchmarks - blowfish score 40
glxgear - 50 fps
kernel supplement - 22.214.171.124-1210.zip
extract and copy the kernel suppliment to /lib/modules/ then use tubuntu tool to flash new kernel
[whats up with 2.6.x]
hot plugging works
chrome works (enable CONFIG_SYSVIPC & CONFIG_SHMEM)
STABLE. does not have freezing issues
hardware acceleration (not working)
** experimental NOT Stable! **
compiled with gcc 4.7
3.1.10 - xlinux.img
source - http://github.com/novaspirit
download kernel unzip and place in \tubuntu\images folder
flash using "x3maniac 2.6 kernel" (even tho it says 2.6, your acutally uploading the new xlinux.img, which is 3.1.10)
*updated kernel 12/10/2012*
kernel image - 3.1.10-g6e2783c
kernel supplement - kernel_sup.tar.gz
download the kernel supplement file and place it on the root of the drive.
you can also wget the file
sudo wget http://novaspirit.com/tubuntu/kernel_sup.tar.gz /
sudo tar zxvf /kernel_sup.tar.gz
now use my tubuntu tool copy the linux3.img to the \images\ folder and rename to xlinux.img
now flash using "x3maniac kernel" option in the advanced section.
** I will be making a tutorial when i get around to it **
as per a few request in this thread about a linux version. i will not be creating a linux version for there is one that works perfect!
OLiFE by lilstevie
someone then has modified the version and made it compatible with SBK2 devices using wheelie. due to OLiFE sbk2 is hard to find on this forum i have uploaded the version to my own server
I did not create this program so support for it will be limited.
*i don't remember where i found the thread nor who modified it.
Source Codes - http://www.github.com/novaspirit/
Downloads - http://goo.im/devs/x3maniac