How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Hard Brick Prevention and developing UnBrickable SD

OP AdamOutler

16th November 2012, 06:13 AM   |  #1  
Some general rules:
It is not recommended to flash bootloaders on your device unless necessary. When flashing bootloaders, make sure the model number matches the device you are flashing. Also, always use a new cable without any wiggle room or cable damage.

To get into download mode to use Odin or Heimdall:
Remove and replace battery.
hold Volume Down & Home then press power while continuing to hold power.
You can now use Odin or Heimdall to flash a stock ROM package.

The Fix for Hard Bricks:
In the event that you cannot get to download mode, please contact me. I am developing a boot-from-sdcard fix for bricked Galaxy Cameras based on the methods used in i9300 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34139922. The hardware mod must be located to boot Odin Mode (Loke Daemon) the SDCard. JTAG will not work on Exynos 4412 devices.

I am subscribed to this thread.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2012, 09:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 29

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

Some general rules:
It is not recommended to flash bootloaders on your device unless necessary. When flashing bootloaders, make sure the model number matches the device you are flashing. Also, always use a new cable without any wiggle room or cable damage.

To get into download mode to use Odin or Heimdall:
Remove and replace battery.
hold Volume Down & Home then press power while continuing to hold power.
You can now use Odin or Heimdall to flash a stock ROM package.

The Fix for Hard Bricks:
In the event that you cannot get to download mode, please contact me. I am developing a boot-from-sdcard fix for bricked Galaxy Cameras based on the methods used in i9300 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34139922. The hardware mod must be located to boot Odin Mode (Loke Daemon) the SDCard. JTAG will not work on Exynos 4412 devices.

I am subscribed to this thread.

Why will JTAG not work on Exynos 4412? Also, if i wanted to view UART output from the GT-I9300, is all i need a linux box with a cable like this?

--UPDATE: looks like you did a video for the Captivate on your UART jig. Taking a look now for resistor values regarding the GS3, perhaps an oscilloscope would help here?
Last edited by trogdan; 30th November 2012 at 10:38 PM.
1st December 2012, 08:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 29

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

There is no UART output on USB on this device. Also Exynos4412 JTAG is usually disabled except for the Nexus10.

Bummer, I just saw that it looks like you had to interface directly to 2 board pins on the Galaxy Camera to get UART i imagine it will be similar on the GS3.
13th December 2012, 12:07 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Touch screen not responding
hi, i am not sure if its the right place to post or not. i tried to root my camera with galaxy s3's kernel(using sgs3 toolkit) and after flashing the kernel nothing happen but my cameras screen stop responding. i tried to flash default frimware via odin but touch screen isnt working.
any advice please

regards
13th December 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #6  
Flag Reynosa
Thanks Meter: 88

254 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umfaruki

hi, i am not sure if its the right place to post or not. i tried to root my camera with galaxy s3's kernel(using sgs3 toolkit) and after flashing the kernel nothing happen but my cameras screen stop responding. i tried to flash default frimware via odin but touch screen isnt working.
any advice please

regards

Why would you do that when Adam gave us a specific root method for our GCams? You should probably post this in general section. I sure hope someone can help you out. It would be a bummer if you lost your camera

Good Luck.
28th March 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 16

146 posts
More
I have a bricked GC100. efs screwed up. boot loops. boots in recover, boots in download mode flashes all available stock firmware, doesn't boot normally. tried booting up after flashing, factory settings after flashing. Any hope for this device?
28th March 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudie_techie

I have a bricked GC100. efs screwed up. boot loops. boots in recover, boots in download mode flashes all available stock firmware, doesn't boot normally. tried booting up after flashing, factory settings after flashing. Any hope for this device?

. Did you do a factory reset/wipe data?
28th March 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #9  
Flag Mumbai

146 posts
More
Yeah... installed stock recover, didn't work, tried with CWR, didn't work... went through all available post, nothing helped... boot animation shows, samsung logo shows then again boot animation...
29th March 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #10  
Flag Mumbai

146 posts
More
Finally got it fixed. As GC100 is similar to S3, downloaded efs file for S3 flashed it via odin through bootloader and voila... attaching the file for reference if anyone else gets into trouble!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Restore_EFS_GC100.tar.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.2 KB, 9 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread