MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] Nexus 7 Booting Failed & No ADB Connection

16th November 2012, 10:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Preston
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hi Guys

Another rooting/flashing noob here that's messed up his N7 sorry

I know there's other threads with similair issues but they all advise fixes involving using adb connection and usb debugging which I cannot do (explained below)

My device will turn on, it goes to the google logo with the green start icon, I can select and go into bootloader and recovery, if I press start it says booting failed in the upper left corner and will go no further.

My device is plugged in via usb, i have the latest rookit 1.5.5, and sdk installed etc, i also have the naked drivers and the factory images from google on my pc.

The machine came with 4.1.2 installed (nakasi-jzo54k).

To mess it up, somewhere in between updating to 4.2, rooting and unrooting it, and flashing it i must have done something wrong but being a happy button bashing noob I don't know what exactly...

And yes I also didn't make a backup of any kind because well I'm just a moron and lesson well learnt.

So yeah, I have no adb connection, can't go into debuging mode and it won't boot.

Does anybody know if there is anyway I can restore my tablet please? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks
16th November 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Leek
Thanks Meter: 638

1,703 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyphox

Hi Guys

Another rooting/flashing noob here that's messed up his N7 sorry

I know there's other threads with similair issues but they all advise fixes involving using adb connection and usb debugging which I cannot do (explained below)

My device will turn on, it goes to the google logo with the green start icon, I can select and go into bootloader and recovery, if I press start it says booting failed in the upper left corner and will go no further.

My device is plugged in via usb, i have the latest rookit 1.5.5, and sdk installed etc, i also have the naked drivers and the factory images from google on my pc.

The machine came with 4.1.2 installed (nakasi-jzo54k).

To mess it up, somewhere in between updating to 4.2, rooting and unrooting it, and flashing it i must have done something wrong but being a happy button bashing noob I don't know what exactly...

And yes I also didn't make a backup of any kind because well I'm just a moron and lesson well learnt.

So yeah, I have no adb connection, can't go into debuging mode and it won't boot.

Does anybody know if there is anyway I can restore my tablet please? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks

If you got half way through rooting, what has happened to your ADB?
Try the option "Return to stock and Flash stock image" try that.

What message does ADB give you etc?
16th November 2012, 11:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Preston

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilks3y

If you got half way through rooting, what has happened to your ADB?
Try the option "Return to stock and Flash stock image" try that.

What message does ADB give you etc?

Hi thanks

Well when I run 'adb devices' in dos the device does not come up, blank etc

but if in the advanced utilities section of the rookit it will reboot it and say connected etc when i try to boot/flash image for bootloader, system, recovery etc but always goes back to google logo and won't boo up, can still get into bootloader and recovery though

i fully rooted it and unrooted it, i tried to flash 4.1.1 to see if i could thats when this all started

if i try flash stock + unroot option (device is on/normal) sub option the rootkit tries to check adb status and says not connected etc which makes sense as dos won't detect it, if this helps in device manager its coming up as...

samsung android phone
android bootloader interface
so i that driver in rootkit to manually install the naked drivers in device manager and it will say they are up to date etc

so the advanced utilities section for boot/flash image will communicate but no other.....

flash stock root used to detect it but even then in dos it would give me the 'too many links error'

I just hope there is a solution.... and i hope all that makes sense sorry

Cheers
16th November 2012, 11:11 AM   |  #4  
Flag Leek

1,703 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi thanks

Well when I run 'adb devices' in dos the device does not come up, blank etc

but if in the advanced utilities section of the rookit it will reboot it and say connected etc when i try to boot/flash image for bootloader, system, recovery etc but always goes back to google logo and won't boo up, can still get into bootloader and recovery though

i fully rooted it and unrooted it, i tried to flash 4.1.1 to see if i could thats when this all started

if i try flash stock + unroot option (device is on/normal) sub option the rootkit tries to check adb status and says not connected etc which makes sense as dos won't detect it, if this helps in device manager its coming up as...

samsung android phone
android bootloader interface
so i that driver in rootkit to manually install the naked drivers in device manager and it will say they are up to date etc

so the advanced utilities section for boot/flash image will communicate but no other.....

flash stock root used to detect it but even then in dos it would give me the 'too many links error'

I just hope there is a solution.... and i hope all that makes sense sorry

Cheers

Have you added ADB to your envioronment varibles?
If not,

Control Panel -> Advanced -> Envioronment Variables, then add the path to your SDK folder to it, after the other variables (Variables are separated using ; )

Also, try to install the drivers, using Wug's method, thats THE ONLY ONE that worked for me, unistall anything to do with nexus before hand.

Goto Device manager, find anything that involves Nexus or Android.

Then Start the "Full Driver Method" on Wugs kit.

This should sort your driver issue.

Then the Nexus should be visible through ADB.

PS- Your adb isnt broken if its accepting the commands.

The reason your device isnt listed, is the Drivers.
You have driver issues, so try the what I just stated and let me know .
16th November 2012, 11:16 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,273

1,544 posts
More
nexus toolkit from dev section
16th November 2012, 11:25 AM   |  #6  
Flag Leek

1,703 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoralph

nexus toolkit from dev section

Have you even read what hes said?
He's already tried the toolkit...
16th November 2012, 11:47 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Preston

5 posts
More
Quote:

If not,

Control Panel -> Advanced -> Envioronment Variables, then add the path to your SDK folder to it, after the other variables (Variables are separated using ; )

Also, try to install the drivers, using Wug's method, thats THE ONLY ONE that worked for me, unistall anything to do with nexus before hand.

The first step in the full driver guide in wugs kit is to enable usb debugging which i cannot do though as it won't power on.......

I have added the environmental variabes before yes sorry, qbkings utube vids showed me how to do that

Just tried these steps
toolkit home screen, flash stock + unroot (softbricked bootloop)
then naksaki 4.2 jzo54k, auto download and extract.

it got to dos stage and i get 'Failed bootloader is locked'

??? thanks again
16th November 2012, 11:57 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Preston

5 posts
More
Quote:

If not,

OK unlocked it via the main unlock option on rootkit and it unlocked ok, so im now re-trying te softbricked option to flash etc and its currently.. writing system...
16th November 2012, 12:01 PM   |  #9  
Flag Leek

1,703 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OK unlocked it via the main unlock option on rootkit and it unlocked ok, so im now re-trying te softbricked option to flash etc and its currently.. writing system...

Sounds good mate !

Need any extra help drop us a PM I'd be happy to lend a hand.
16th November 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Preston

5 posts
More
Quote:

Sounds good mate !

Need any extra help drop us a PM I'd be happy to lend a hand.

MOOOOOO!

It wrote to the system ok and now its hanging on erasing user data, googled and its happend to others.......

OK, more help please, been hanging for5 mins lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread