28th November 2012, 06:08 PM   |  #21  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 411

1,129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chung0816

The tethering function work but I got a problem that I can't use check in in Facebook and cannot use GPS navigation in Google map at 4.21

The framework hack in the OP is for 4.2. If you installed the 4.21 OTA, it would have aborted since framework was modified. If you reverted, flashed the OTA update and applied the modified framework in the OP on top of that, you probably broke a lot of stuff since the framework was modified in the 4.21 update.

You shouldn't mix and match mods/kernels/etc. across different versions of the OS.
28th November 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #22  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 481

3,122 posts
More
Try the Jr2 release of the Modaco custom ROM which is 4.2.1 with this mod built into it.
29th November 2012, 04:16 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic

The framework hack in the OP is for 4.2. If you installed the 4.21 OTA, it would have aborted since framework was modified. If you reverted, flashed the OTA update and applied the modified framework in the OP on top of that, you probably broke a lot of stuff since the framework was modified in the 4.21 update.

You shouldn't mix and match mods/kernels/etc. across different versions of the OS.

Thanks.......
29th November 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist

We're off topic here but just to point out, if it's a radio hack then part of the challenge is finding radio firmware for a comparable device that does have phone functionality enabled. On the Samsung devices, many of th em have parts in common that made it easy to cross flash radios.

Asus has not released very many phones as they have concentrated on the tablet market. Neither of the Padfones uses a Tegra 3 so I wouldn't imagine the radios would be cross compatible.

I think ASUS Padfone & Padfone 2 have hints. These devices have Voice call Function even they are Tablet mode. And of course they have Tegra 3 CPU. But unfortunatly I have no Padfones. Anybody has them?
29th November 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #25  
Flag Vancouver

3,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamilsh

I think ASUS Padfone & Padfone 2 have hints. These devices have Voice call Function even they are Tablet mode. And of course they have Tegra 3 CPU. But unfortunatly I have no Padfones. Anybody has them?

No, the first Padfone was dual core, and the Padfone 2 is a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
30th November 2012, 08:49 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Info
Excuse me, can i know why this fix doesn't work on the Nexus 7 wifi-only version? because i need the wifi rooter option, obviously i can't share my connection because i do not have one, but i really need rooter wifi to develop an application. Let me know, thanks.
30th November 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #27  
Flag Florida

1,129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo299

Excuse me, can i know why this fix doesn't work on the Nexus 7 wifi-only version? because i need the wifi rooter option, obviously i can't share my connection because i do not have one, but i really need rooter wifi to develop an application. Let me know, thanks.

Because the purpose of this mod is to allow your N7 to share it's 3G connection as a wi-fi hotspot. There is no capability to have it be a client and an AP at the same time on wi-fi only.

And it's spelled "router". Unless of course you want your N7 to help fix your backed up toilet.
30th November 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #28  
Flag Vancouver

3,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic

And it's spelled "router". Unless of course you want your N7 to help fix your backed up toilet.

You might need something smaller than a 7-inch tablet to actually get in there and clear up the clog. Perhaps an iPhone 4S would be better suited for that purpose.
30th November 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93

104 posts
More
I've posted the updated framework for 4.2.1 (JOP40D).
30th November 2012, 06:06 PM   |  #30  
Flag Florida

1,129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stridger

I've posted the updated framework for 4.2.1 (JOP40D).

Can you please post the modification you made so we can add it manually to other framework mods as well?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread