Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,592 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][4.2.1/4.2][JOP40D/JOP40C] Tethering/Wifi Hotspot for the Nexus 7 3G

Tip us?

phonic
Old
Thanks Meter 411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chung0816 View Post
The tethering function work but I got a problem that I can't use check in in Facebook and cannot use GPS navigation in Google map at 4.21
The framework hack in the OP is for 4.2. If you installed the 4.21 OTA, it would have aborted since framework was modified. If you reverted, flashed the OTA update and applied the modified framework in the OP on top of that, you probably broke a lot of stuff since the framework was modified in the 4.21 update.

You shouldn't mix and match mods/kernels/etc. across different versions of the OS.

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
Try the Jr2 release of the Modaco custom ROM which is 4.2.1 with this mod built into it.

chung0816
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic View Post
The framework hack in the OP is for 4.2. If you installed the 4.21 OTA, it would have aborted since framework was modified. If you reverted, flashed the OTA update and applied the modified framework in the OP on top of that, you probably broke a lot of stuff since the framework was modified in the 4.21 update.

You shouldn't mix and match mods/kernels/etc. across different versions of the OS.
Thanks.......

shamilsh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
We're off topic here but just to point out, if it's a radio hack then part of the challenge is finding radio firmware for a comparable device that does have phone functionality enabled. On the Samsung devices, many of th em have parts in common that made it easy to cross flash radios.

Asus has not released very many phones as they have concentrated on the tablet market. Neither of the Padfones uses a Tegra 3 so I wouldn't imagine the radios would be cross compatible.
I think ASUS Padfone & Padfone 2 have hints. These devices have Voice call Function even they are Tablet mode. And of course they have Tegra 3 CPU. But unfortunatly I have no Padfones. Anybody has them?
HTC Universal/i-mate JASJAR (with SoftBank Japan USIM) with 128MB RAM
ROM Version:2.15.00 WWE WM6 Build 18538.0.7.0
ROM date: 11/13/07
Radio version: 1.18.00
Protocol version: 42.54.P8

HP iPaq hx4700 with 128MB RAM
ROM Version: CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.1.0)

Samsung i780

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamilsh View Post
I think ASUS Padfone & Padfone 2 have hints. These devices have Voice call Function even they are Tablet mode. And of course they have Tegra 3 CPU. But unfortunatly I have no Padfones. Anybody has them?
No, the first Padfone was dual core, and the Padfone 2 is a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

massimo299
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Info

Excuse me, can i know why this fix doesn't work on the Nexus 7 wifi-only version? because i need the wifi rooter option, obviously i can't share my connection because i do not have one, but i really need rooter wifi to develop an application. Let me know, thanks.

phonic
Old
Thanks Meter 411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo299 View Post
Excuse me, can i know why this fix doesn't work on the Nexus 7 wifi-only version? because i need the wifi rooter option, obviously i can't share my connection because i do not have one, but i really need rooter wifi to develop an application. Let me know, thanks.
Because the purpose of this mod is to allow your N7 to share it's 3G connection as a wi-fi hotspot. There is no capability to have it be a client and an AP at the same time on wi-fi only.

And it's spelled "router". Unless of course you want your N7 to help fix your backed up toilet.

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic View Post
And it's spelled "router". Unless of course you want your N7 to help fix your backed up toilet.
You might need something smaller than a 7-inch tablet to actually get in there and clear up the clog. Perhaps an iPhone 4S would be better suited for that purpose.

stridger
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
I've posted the updated framework for 4.2.1 (JOP40D).

phonic
Old
Thanks Meter 411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stridger View Post
I've posted the updated framework for 4.2.1 (JOP40D).
Can you please post the modification you made so we can add it manually to other framework mods as well?