Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I'm gettin random reboots / restarts...

OP orate.cl

16th November 2012, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
Really weird, doesn't seem to happen when the tablet is stressed or something. On the other hand happened more often with heavy memory stuff like big pdf's and when i live youtube videos loading, maybe I have an issue with the 2 gig's of ram? it's there any way i can test that?

Sometimes the tablet isn't doing anything an restarts. Like when the home screen is blocked. Anyone else had this problems?
Last edited by orate.cl; 16th November 2012 at 03:35 PM.
16th November 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,640

2,292 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orate.cl

Really weird, doesn't seem to happen when the tablet is stressed or something. On the other hand happened more often with heavy memory stuff like big pdf's and when i live youtube videos loading, maybe I have an issue with the 2 gig's of ram? it's there any way i can test that?

Sometimes the tablet isn't doing anything an restarts. Like when the home screen is blocked. Anyone else had this problems?

I would suggest you try flashing the nexus 10 factory restore image and see if that fixes things. If it's still randomly rebooting I'd send it in for a replacement.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
17th November 2012, 12:01 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

36 posts
I'm getting the same, please keep us updated because I'm hoping it's a software issue...
17th November 2012, 12:18 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Got some of these too. One of these was really freaking, I had to force a reboot. I definitely think it's software

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
17th November 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

36 posts
You can see the reboots I'm getting on here... http://imgur.com/704mp.png
17th November 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
i have also problems. Sometimes when i usw Chrome, the Browser don't react and then the screen goes black and i have to push the button on top for five seconds to reboot my nexus. Had this problem three times. I,m hoping for a fix...
17th November 2012, 01:23 AM   |  #7  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 58

448 posts
Donate to Me
More
Happened to me twice already! Wtf

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
17th November 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
Guys, I think found a pattern: Each time I get a reboot seems to be related to the wifi connection, like if the wifi freezes the tablet. Pay atention to the wifi settings when you get reboot / restart the tablet it's like searching the wifi connection like crazy, but, if you reboot normally the wifi it's already connected. Seems like a clue to me.

I played like 4 hours yesterday Chaos Rings. Seems like a really advanced game to me, so the stressing test is passed. It's not related to stress IMHO.
Last edited by orate.cl; 17th November 2012 at 02:28 PM.
17th November 2012, 03:30 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I've been getting random reboots too. Took several attempts to get all the way through setup right after taking it out of the box. At first I thought maybe I just hadn't given it enough time to acclimate to ambient temperature or something, but problem has persisted even after flashing the factory image via fastboot. Haven't noticed a correlation with wifi, but does seem to happen mostly when idle. Have also had a couple freezes and shutdowns, too.

Guess I'll be calling Google this morning... Argh.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by mejakeg; 17th November 2012 at 03:36 PM.
17th November 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #10  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 47

204 posts
More
I actually haven't had any reboots yet. I haven't stressed it with any games, but installed my normal apps and used it for web browsing/xda for a couple hours and no problems for me (yet...fingers crossed)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread