[ROOT][COMPLETE GUIDE]How To Root HTC Droid DNA
Here is a complete guide for anyone interested in rooting the HTC Droid DNA. The insecure boot image, TWRP recovery, CWM recovery and SuperSU files used in this guide are not my own developments, and their developers have been credited in the end of this post.
I am only writing this as a newbie-friendly guide for everyone, and am providing my own SuperSU, su and busybox installer zip file that includes everything you need for full root.
- Unlock the bootloader of your device by visiting the HTC bootloader unlock page. Warning: This will wipe your data.
UPDATE: Thanks to Verizon, the official bootloader unlocking method mentioned above no longer works. Please refer to this method for unlocking the bootloader.
- Download ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery for the device and rename it to recovery.img (or keep the existing name and change recovery.img in the command below to that name).
- Download the SuperSU and busybox package and put it on your SD card.
- Put your phone into bootloader mode and connect it to your PC via USB.
- On your computer, make sure you are in the folder where you downloaded the recovery file and use this command to flash the recovery:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Finally, reboot your device into recovery, flash the SuperSU and busybox package and reboot your device.
You should now have root access.
for unlocking the bootloader after Verizon decided to lock it.
for sharing the CWM port and correcting me regarding my previously posted and now removed second method involving his insecure boot image
for TWRP recovery
for CWM port
for developing SuperSU
I have tried to credit everyone involved but if I have missed out on anyone, please do let me know.
Haroon Q. Raja.
Entrepreneur | Writer | Math Teacher | Web Developer | Technology Enthusiast
News Writer at XDA Portal
| Senior Editor at AddictiveTips
| Founding Editor at HQTech
Visit my Website
| Subscribe on Facebook
| Follow on Twitter
| Add me on Google+
Want something covered on the XDA portal? PM me
and I'll cover it if it meets the requirements.