Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][COMPLETE GUIDE]How To Root HTC Droid DNA

Tip us?

PiTT
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm having this problem: I can boot into bootloader (it's unlocked), I flashed TWRP recovery, and when I go into recovery mode...it says it's going, but then my screen goes wonky, all these weird lines. Anyone know wtf is going on?

ApexPredation
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiTT View Post
I'm having this problem: I can boot into bootloader (it's unlocked), I flashed TWRP recovery, and when I go into recovery mode...it says it's going, but then my screen goes wonky, all these weird lines. Anyone know wtf is going on?
Can't say I know what's going on but try flashing ClockWorkMod recovery. It works like a charm. That or double check the md5 of the file you flashed to make sure it correctly download.

LakerStar25
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Default Re: [ROOT][COMPLETE GUIDE]How To Root HTC Droid DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiTT View Post
First if your stuck at the wonky lines just hold power and volume down until phone restarts or turns off. Yea you flashed the wrong recovery. Check the one you downloaded it has to be the one for dlx only if it says dlxu or dlxub or whatever its says other then dlx its wrong. I did that too and flashing the correct one fixed it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

addictedhacks
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I had the same exact problem. I think the TWRP img we downloaded is corrupt. I just used CWM and it works great so flash that and you should be fine. Good luck!
Motorola Droid 2
HTC Thunderbolt
Samsung Droid Charge
Motorola Droid Bionic
Motorola Droid Razr
HTC Rezound
HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy S3
And more...

DarkAgent
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Root files download link is dead. Is there a mirror?

jamiethemorris
Old
Thanks Meter 773

DONATE TO ME
http://androidsu.com/superuser/

Download the one under "arm devices" that says 3.1.3. Flash the zip in recovery.

Also, if you flash a custom ROM such as viper or newts sense 5 ROM, it will come pre rooted, so you don't need to do anything except flash the rom (and the boot.IMG if you have s-on).

Sent from my ViperDNA using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Also, for those of you that are having trouble with twrp I had the same issue. Install cwm and then if you want to switch to twrp, download goomanager, then go to menu >install open recovery script. I've never had it fail that way.

Sent from my ViperDNA using Tapatalk 2
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:

https://soundcloud.com/manic-harmoni...arth-simulator
https://soundcloud.com/manic-harmonic/superuser

Manic Harmonic
Fan Page

JackTheRipper13
Old
Thanks Meter 4
So I've just picked up a DNA, my understanding is that there is no way to unlock the bootloader without doing the jtag thing.... which I'm not going to do. Is there any way to root the device?

orangechoochoo
Old
Thanks Meter 597
No.

drumz0rz
Old
Thanks Meter 46
*Not yet (staying optimistic)
HTC One M8
HTC Droid DNA - Retired
HTC Thunderbolt - Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to drumz0rz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jeremiah_1988
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumz0rz View Post
*Not yet (staying optimistic)
Wish someone smart would get past this.....

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2