Lets accept it,we all have been here,confused what should do after i root/boot unlock
we think i know enough so lets get this going but then, we get stuck in the splash/welcome screen and we think **** this was such a bad idea
SO i created this thread for anyone who ever is confused,lost,seeking help.
IF YOU FIND THIS THREAD HELPFUL, BE SURE TO RECOMMEND IT TO OTHERS AND PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON :d
1.Common terms/Android Slangs
3.Download links for Recovery Images for PRIMO U/ PRIMO C]
4.How To flash recovery
5.FAST BOOT FILES(download links) : HTC ONE V DRIVER (DOWLOAD LINKS)
6.How To Back Up Your Current Rom
7.Installing Your ROM
8.Choose Your Kernel(download links)
9.Flashing The Kernel[windows]
*Flashing The Kernel[MAC]
10.people who have already flashed a ROM and are confused how to upgrade it
12.Stuck in Bootloops, Cant Pass the HTC welcome Screen
13.Some tips from me
Hope u have successfully rooted and boot unlocked
Common Terms/Android Slangs
a small guide on some of the android terms my Diablo67
Bootloader:This small program's only job is to load other data and programs which are then executed from RAM.Often, multiple-stage boot loaders are used, during which several programs of increasing complexity load one after the other in a process of chain loading.
Fastboot:A diagnostic protocol used primarily to modify the flash filesystem in Android smartphones from another computer over a USB connection. It is part of the Android Debug Bridge library.
Utilizing the Fastboot protocol requires that the device be started in a boot loader or Second Program Loader mode in which only the most basic hardware initialization is performed. After enabling the protocol on the device itself it will accept any command sent to it over USB via a command line. Some of most commonly used fastboot commands include:
•flash - Overwrites a partition in flash with a binary image stored on the host computer.
•erase - Erases a partition in flash.
•reboot - Reboots the device into the either the main operating system or the system recovery partition.
•devices - Displays a list of all devices (with Serial #) connected to the host computer.
Flashing:The ROM memory used in smartphones and tablets etc. is often same as flash memory found in SD cards and USB flash drives, simply optimized for better speed and performance while running the operating system.
Kernel:A kernel is a layer of code that allows the OS and applications to interface with your phone's hardware. The degree in which you can access your phone's hardware features depends on the quality of code in the kernel. The homebrew (rooting) community for HTC has made several kernel code improvements that give us additional features from our hardware that the stock kernel does not. When you flash a custom ROM, you automatically get a kernel. But you can also flash a standalone kernel ROM on top of the existing one, effectively overwriting it. These days, the difference in custom kernels is less about new features and more about alternate configurations. Choosing a custom kernel is basically choosing one that works best with your ROM.
Nandroid:To backup the current running rom.
Recovery Mode:A small separate operating mode you can boot your device into, used for device administration. Two popular custom recovery modes are Amon Ra and Clockwork.
1.A Boot-unlocked and Rooted HTC One V
2.Charge it till above 75% battery
2.A PC(this guide is for now only for windows)
4.HTC driver download here or HTC SYNC
5.FastBoot Files[ click here>>> download them and put in a folder in c drive ]
> example c:\fastboot or c:\android
6.A recovery image(for image scroll down)
7.A Rom(thats ur choice)
8.boot image(scroll down)
9.put the rom(.zip file) in sd card
Here Are The Recovery Images
Recovery Images[PRIMO U/GSM]
1. CWM 6 by Lloir
2. TWRP 2.6.0 <<Ill Recommend [very user friendly]
3. CWM v5 Touch Recovery
Recovery Images[PRIMO C/CDMA
1. [VM/PRIMOC][RECOVERY] CWM Recovery
2. [VM/PRIMOC][RECOVERY] TWRP2 Recovery
3. [RECOVERY] [PRIMOC/CDMA] CWM 184.108.40.206
How To flash recovery
HOPE U HAVE THE FAST BOOT FILES
click here download them and put in a folder in c drive
>>Now enter Fast boot(power button +volume DOWN(for 15 + sec))<<<
u might have arrived at Hboot boot mode>>> now move up down by pressing the volume buttons and select fastbootwith the power button
Flash it via cmd(command prompt)
Enter these commands
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
(must for first time flashers)(nand=backup of current ROM)
1. Once the CWM/TWRP recovery installed:
- Now enter Fast boot(power button +volume DOWN(for 15 + sec))
- now move up down by pressing the volume buttons and select fastbootwith the power button
2. Once you are in the RECOVERY menu:
- click backup and restore
- click backup
- the backup process is running. It will be a max 20 minutes to complete.
3. once complete, check whether the backup is successful
- click backup and restore
- click restore
- you will see your backup files, for example 2012-11-27 11-7
- it should complete with in a span of time
4.Now if that is over go back to the previous menu
- use the back button
- click reboot system now to boot your device
Installing Your ROM
5.just do a factory reset and wipe cache, then click on install from sd card
6.flash it(the ROM in ur sd card shud be in a .zip format)
7.NOW.DON'T REBOOT UR PHONE GO TO FAST BOOT MODE (VOLUME DOWN+ POWER BUTTON)(or there will be a option to reboot into bootloader)
Choose Your Kernel
9.download whichever kernel u want
- SuperSick kernel Click ME
- SICK kernel CLICK here
- TITANIUM KISS kernel SENSE users CLICK here
- HELLBOY kernel FOR AOSP based ROMS(cm9/cm10/AOKP/PA)USE THE LATEST ONE FOR 4.2.2 >click<
Flashing The Kernel[windows]
8.HOPE U HAVE THE FAST BOOT FILES (if not click here download them and put in a folder in c drive)
- rename it boot.img and put it in the folder as the fastboot files
- GO TO FAST BOOT MODE (VOLUME DOWN+ POWER BUTTON)(or there will be a option to reboot in recovery)
10.flash it via CMD
Enter these commands
11.Fastboot flash boot boot.img 12.fastboot reboot
- Go developer.android.com and download the SDK & move it to your home directory ("~" or /Users/<username>)
- Go to <sdk-location>/tools and launch "Android"
- Download the platform tools
- Open terminal
- Open Finder to <sdk-location>/platform-tools
- In terminal, type "sudo cp"; drag adb from the Finder window into the Terminal window; type "/usr/bin/"; hit enter
- Enter your password
- Repeat the above three steps, but drag "fastboot" instead of "adb"
- Close terminal
- Open terminal (it sounds weird, but just do it)
- Download kernel
- Connect phone to computer
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled (Settings>Development>USB Debugging)
- In terminal, type "adb reboot bootloader"
- In terminal, type "fastboot flash boot"; drag in the kernel from finder; hit enter
sudo cp /Users/Username/android-sdk-mac/platform-tools/adb /usr/bin/ sudo cp /Users/Username/android-sdk-mac/platform-tools/adb /usr/bin/ adb reboot recovery fastboot flash boot /Users/Username/Downloads/boot.img
First boot takes some time have patience......be sure to ask questions or doubts
Ok For people who have already flashed a ROM and are confused how to upgrade it
1.download your needed ROM
2.put in SD card
3.boot into recovery
4.no need to wipe everything,wipe caches(and if the dev says to full wipe do it)
5. (Unless u come from a different ROM eg.From Amazing Sense To CM10, in this case a factory reset i needed
6.flash the ROM
1.boot in bootloader
2.do the required steps(as mentioned above)
Stuck in Bootloops, Cant Pass the HTC welcome Screen
ok, calm down, everyone has this problem while flashing, i get it so many times, they can cause by the following reasons
you forgot to flash the kernel
messed up the order in flashing
1.Bad flash-this occurs if the .zip file is corrupted
solution:= re flash the ROM, if still no, download the file again and try
2.wrong ROM- u may have downloaded a ROM that is not for ur device or a ROM which is of not ur description
for example u might me a PRIMO C device/CDMA and u downloaded a PRIMO U/GSM ROM
3.Wrong Kernel-Kernel is the link between ur software and hardware, if u flash the wrong one like the case mentioned above , download the correct one and re flash
4.[ FLASHING YOUR KERNEL SHOULD BE THE LAST STEP][UNLESS U HAVE A S-OFF DEVICE]
Ok Some Tips Which May Help You
1.Battery Draining fast?
-----get an app called BetterBatteryStats,run it over night.then next morning open it and check whats waking your device
2.Can i use scripts?
-----Your wish, the rom works perfect,running a script can ruin it in some cases(chill,even i run some)
-----all roms are good in their own way, but i can give u a list of recently updated roms
-----1.sphongle(4.2.2) 2.Slimbean 3.Cm10
Hope this helps u