Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY](Updated 2-8-14) Official ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7

Tip us?

shimp208
Old
(Last edited by shimp208; 8th February 2014 at 06:32 PM.) Reason: Updated link to version 6.0.4.7 for all versions
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1484

DONATE TO ME
Default [RECOVERY](Updated 2-8-14) Official ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7

Here is the official ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7 non-touch images and touch images for the Nexus 10 enjoy !

Credit goes to Koush for releasing the official ClockworkMod Recovery images

These are safe to flash via fastboot.

Non-Touch

http://download2.clockworkmod.com/re....4.7-manta.img

Touch

http://download2.clockworkmod.com/re....4.7-manta.img

These can be flashed via fastboot using the following commands:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery /path/to/.img
fastboot reboot
Once again enjoy !

Note: To get the recovery to stick on reboot when Clockworkmod Recovery asks you if you want rename flash-recovery.sh or similar say "Yes", this will allow you to keep Clockworkmod Recovery installed permanently (Unless you flash a different recovery image) when you reboot your phone.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dees_Troy
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9010

DONATE TO ME
These reboot randomly as well. I've been trying to get TWRP to work, but TWRP is doing the same thing. Nothing in dmesg or last_kmsg to help either. :/

zedomax
Old
Thanks Meter 2538

DONATE TO ME
Also sdcard mount does not work nor anything reading from sdcard... only thing working is adb sideload.

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1484

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dees_Troy View Post
These reboot randomly as well. I've been trying to get TWRP to work, but TWRP is doing the same thing. Nothing in dmesg or last_kmsg to help either. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedomax View Post
Also sdcard mount does not work nor anything reading from sdcard... only thing working is adb sideload.
Ok that is really bizare, both CWMR and TWRP are not working right and encountering similar issues regarding random reboots and mount issues. Whats odd is other people are experiencing random reboots during regular use even when not in recovery. I'm starting to believe that something Google might have to put out at fix for software wise may be needed.

evaradar
Old
Thanks Meter 34
So I take it no more "booting" the temporary ones posted before for the Nexus 4/Nexus 10? We can go ahead and "flash" these ones right?
Evaradar
~ The One & Only

Current Phones
---------------
Nexus 4 8GB:
ROM: Stock 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock.

Current Tablets

Nexus 7 32GB WiFi
ROM: ParanoidAndroid v4 Beta 1
Android version: 4.4.2
Recovery: TWRP v2.6.3.1

Nexus 7 16GB FHD WiFi
ROM: Stock 4.4.2
Recovery; Stock

snunez
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedomax View Post
i cant even get the sideload to work to get SU installed. Its driving me crazy. I keep trying it over and over again with the same result. As soon as i go over to recovery it unmounts from the computer then the sideload command fails due to computer losing connection with it. "Device not found"

Tried both CWM versions now .5 and .6

Not my first time around the block with rooting :-/

Used heimdall suite to flash my GS2.. any way to get it to push the .zip file for SU over to the phone? Push the recovery img then push the .zip maybe?

joeski27
Old
Thanks Meter 79
So I never even ended up trying to sideload anything, I just flashed the official recovery, then went immediately to recovery from fastboot, and once there I just flashed the SU zip and now I have root. Of course, CWMR doesn't work (i.e. if I use Quick Boot to boot to recovery it just takes me to the stock recovery, and if I try to go to recovery from fastboot manually, I just get the dead android w/red triangle).

snunez
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrod1980 View Post
Finally got it... helped to just get the supersu on the root of the device. I used the fastboot commands to get to cwm touch and then I quickly installed it through the interface. I couldn't sideload. The device won't recognize adb when I'm in fastboot mode at all. I don't know what I was doing wrong in that instance, but using cwm briefly let me install supersu. Thanks for your help! Surprising this is so buggy considering it's a nexus... and it's not the nexus that's excluded from AOSP. Go figure!
I had to do it this way in order to get root. Finally.. been working on this for like 5ish hours now.. what a pain. Hopefully there will be an easier route for everyone else and a CWM that does not reboot in 20ish seconds soon. Good luck to everyone that goes this route.. it takes a lot of trial and error

joeski27
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by snunez View Post
Hopefully there will be an easier route for everyone else and a CWM that does not reboot in 20ish seconds soon.
I'm sure there will be, probably by the end of the weekend, if not sooner

damien667
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Default I took apart CWM touch 6.0.1.6 and fixed reboot after 20 sec

I took the stock recovery.img from https://developers.google.com/androi...mantarayjop40c, unpacked it, copied over the recovery binary from cwm touch 6.0.1.6 and resource files into the ramdisk... repacked it, and voila... no more reboots!

I'm sure Koush will eventually figure out what's going on with his automatic build system... my manually made recovery seems to work ok.

Please have at it (and feel free to thank me and report bugs), and if you want a tgz of my "unpacked" recovery I'll upload as well. You can also just unpack my uploaded file and see where the differences are yourself.

I've done recovery mods in the past for the G1, G2, and Gnexus when stuff like this happens when a device first comes out and recoveries have bugs in them.

Just "fastboot flash recovery $file.img" to try it out. I've got it running on my nexus 10 already and it hasn't rebooted (I succesfully installed CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 )
Phone: G1(RIP),G2 (RIP), Samsung Galaxy Nexus[I9250]
Tablet: Asus Transformer Prime[TF201] & Galaxy Nexus 10

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to damien667 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]