XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY](Updated 2-8-14) Official ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7

Tip us?

The-Kevster
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien667 View Post
I took the stock recovery.img from https://developers.google.com/androi...mantarayjop40c, unpacked it, copied over the recovery binary from cwm touch 6.0.1.6 and resource files into the ramdisk... repacked it, and voila... no more reboots!

I'm sure Koush will eventually figure out what's going on with his automatic build system... my manually made recovery seems to work ok.

Please have at it (and feel free to thank me and report bugs), and if you want a tgz of my "unpacked" recovery I'll upload as well. You can also just unpack my uploaded file and see where the differences are yourself.

I've done recovery mods in the past for the G1, G2, and Gnexus when stuff like this happens when a device first comes out and recoveries have bugs in them.

Just "fastboot flash recovery $file.img" to try it out. I've got it running on my nexus 10 already and it hasn't rebooted (I succesfully installed CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 )
Great work! If you could post the unpacked version I'd appreciate it. I was trying to build a fixed version without success and would like to compare.

Lumsdoni
Old
Thanks Meter 11
So,

Am I right in thinking...

cd to the adb tools folder where the sdk is saved.

I need to unlock the boot loader via fastboot oem.

Then copy your file to the same directory on my Mac

Then type in the command line you suggested with the correct filename?

After that I will be rooted

Swype'd at pace from my Galaxy S2

damien667
Old
(Last edited by damien667; 17th November 2012 at 12:09 PM.) Reason: added wrapper scripts
Thanks Meter 41
Default Here's my working tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Kevster View Post
Great work! If you could post the unpacked version I'd appreciate it. I was trying to build a fixed version without success and would like to compare.
I used this tool to unpack and re-pack the image: https://github.com/huaixzk/unpackbootimg.git

Attached is my current working tree as a tar.gz

Edit: the tool in that git repo is missing a step to gunzip | cpio the ramdisk... I made a shell script to do that for me when unpacking and repacking
Edit2: I added the wrapper scripts I made for posterity
Phone: G1(RIP),G2 (RIP), Samsung Galaxy Nexus[I9250]
Tablet: Asus Transformer Prime[TF201] & Galaxy Nexus 10
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damien667 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Underworld79
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
I took the stock recovery.img from https://developers.google.com/androi...mantarayjop40c, unpacked it, copied over the recovery binary from cwm touch 6.0.1.6 and resource files into the ramdisk... repacked it, and voila... no more reboots!

I'm sure Koush will eventually figure out what's going on with his automatic build system... my manually made recovery seems to work ok.

Please have at it (and feel free to thank me and report bugs), and if you want a tgz of my "unpacked" recovery I'll upload as well. You can also just unpack my uploaded file and see where the differences are yourself.

I've done recovery mods in the past for the G1, G2, and Gnexus when stuff like this happens when a device first comes out and recoveries have bugs in them.

Just "fastboot flash recovery $file.img" to try it out. I've got it running on my nexus 10 already and it hasn't rebooted (I succesfully installed CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 )
Wow! It worked perfectly... You are a genius. No more random reboots in recovery! Thank you. I have one question... Are you able to do the same for TWRP for the Nexus 10, if possible?

damien667
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld79 View Post
Wow! It worked perfectly... You are a genius. No more random reboots in recovery! Thank you. I have one question... Are you able to do the same for TWRP for the Nexus 10, if possible?
I could probably do it to TWRP as well (later today, it's sleep time for me)... however, I don't know where the latest nexus 10 recovery image is from them (considering it's not in this forum).
Phone: G1(RIP),G2 (RIP), Samsung Galaxy Nexus[I9250]
Tablet: Asus Transformer Prime[TF201] & Galaxy Nexus 10
The Following User Says Thank You to damien667 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

impulse101
Old
Thanks Meter 50
so can I permanently flash this now instead of fastboot?

joeski27
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:

Well I just flashed your version of the recovery, and after doing "fastboot-mac reboot" and rebooting, I tried rebooting to recovery via adb, and unfortunately it brought me back to the dead android red triangle screen. In fact, I can't even get to CWMR at all. Anyone else??

And to be clear, I have successfully rooted, so at this point I'm just trying to get a functioning version of CWMR on the tablet, if possible.

Randomwalker
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Did you try holding power and pressing Vol+ when booting recovery? That's how you enter stock recovery.

joeski27
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomwalker View Post
Did you try holding power and pressing Vol+ when booting recovery? That's how you enter stock recovery.
Yeah I know that, but I'm not trying to enter stock recovery, I'm trying to enter the custom recovery (which is the supposed "stable" one by damien) which I've installed. And it only let me access CWMR immediately after flashing it. However anytime afterwards I simply cannot access it again:

1) tried "adb reboot recovery" and it brings me to the dead android w/red triangle
2) tried getting to recovery via the Quick Boot app, and the same thing happens
3) tried getting to recovery via the normal holding buttons down to get to bootloader, then going to recovery manually from there, and a no-go as well.

In the end, all that happens is I have to toggle the buttons once I get to the dead android screen, and the menu for the stock recovery appears, which allows me to reboot. But as for CWMR, it is nowhere to be found. WTF.

Randomwalker
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Did you reboot after installing CWM? If so, did you remove install.sh, that will restore the stock recovery?