[RECOVERY][manta] TWRP 2.8.0.1 touch recovery [2014-09-12]

OP Dees_Troy

23rd February 2013, 12:08 AM   |  #201  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

1,360 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newellj79

I'm trying to restore a backup that I made a few hours ago. It craps out on data. Something problem with tar? Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I just updated to 2.4.1 from GooManager from 3.3.0 which is something that wouldn't work before, it would download but wouldn't install automatically and I Fastbooted last time to 2.4.0.

I created and restored a backup with no problem.
23rd February 2013, 03:36 PM   |  #202  
Thanks Meter: 96

404 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12paq

Hey man. I had this problem for the last two weeks for both creating backups and restoring old ones it would just crap out on restore data or back up data ( about half way thru or more). I would even get significant heat front and back where the CPU is located. I mean hot to the touch, like from playing NFS before thermal throttling was addressed at the kernel level.

I thought it was TWRP's 4.2+ version, but when I reverted to earlier TWRP versions, I got the same fails with heat. Turns out it was data corruption. As you know the N10 seems prone to it. From logs and behavior I could see the CPU almost going to a race condition then heating up, then panicking, then fail.. and reboot. This all happened when TWRP was writing and reading data. So what fixed it was a complete wipe and reformat of my partitions and then a new fresh install and now all is good. I even have far less freezes in Android then before. So, it was not TWRP, I believe it was just TWRP trying to hard read and right corrupted data on storage. Well that's my best guess. For sure the fresh formats and install corrected all problems.

Hope this helps,

+1 this issue. Been thinking i needed to RMA. Any opinions? Only happens with DATA partition but its ~2.3GB.
23rd February 2013, 06:40 PM   |  #203  
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
More
Hi.

Sorry guys, but how exactly can I get this USB mount feature to work?

I've tried that with TWRP 2.4.1.0 on my S3 i-9300. If I press mount USB, another menu appears with only one button labeled "unmount". How to proceed after mount? I only can leave this menu by pressing unmount. Or am I using the wrong file system? Actually I tried it using a 32 GB stick with FAT32.

Thanks in advance.
24th February 2013, 01:56 AM   |  #204  
Warren, MI

1,360 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomcore

Hi.

Sorry guys, but how exactly can I get this USB mount feature to work?

I've tried that with TWRP 2.4.1.0 on my S3 i-9300. If I press mount USB, another menu appears with only one button labeled "unmount". How to proceed after mount? I only can leave this menu by pressing unmount. Or am I using the wrong file system? Actually I tried it using a 32 GB stick with FAT32.

Thanks in advance.

Well, this is the Nexus 10 area. The Mount in TWRP has Use External or Use Internal option, select External and that's it.
24th February 2013, 10:13 AM   |  #205  
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
More
Oh, I'm sorry. I had googled it and landed here. Have not seen that this forum is all about Nexus 10. Thanks

Edit: Btw, I got it. I thought, I can connect my USB-Stick to the phone, doing a nandroid backup straight onto the stick. But that feature is for mounting the file system from recovery using my PC. After mounting the usb device I was able to access the external SDCard via windows explorer.

Okey dokey
Last edited by randomcore; 24th February 2013 at 01:07 PM.
25th February 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #206  
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba

+1 this issue. Been thinking i needed to RMA. Any opinions? Only happens with DATA partition but its ~2.3GB.

Well it cleared up and fixed it when I did a full wipe and reformat. So no RMA for me.
I believe my data corruption started when I created a file my Win7 PC via USB. But I am not sure. Either way this is not a TWRP problem, so I wouldn't want to clutter up DesTroy's thread.. PM me if you want to toss this around more.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
25th February 2013, 04:15 PM   |  #207  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO
Thanks Meter: 9,466

1,600 posts
Donate to Me
More
Updated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 04:27 PM   |  #208  
Thanks Meter: 50

373 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dees_Troy

Updated.

thanks for the update, gonna test tonight.

Edit:
Just tried to do a backup and got a problem: backup took forever, device gots hot and then shutsdown & bootloop to TWRP
The backup i did yesterday with 2.3 worked flawless...any suggestions?
Last edited by doumer; 25th February 2013 at 11:01 PM.
26th February 2013, 02:48 AM   |  #209  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 2,733

2,728 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doumer

thanks for the update, gonna test tonight.

Edit:
Just tried to do a backup and got a problem: backup took forever, device gots hot and then shutsdown & bootloop to TWRP
The backup i did yesterday with 2.3 worked flawless...any suggestions?

Not sure what's causing your problem, I've done two backups and no issues at all.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dees_Troy

Updated.

Thanks for the update! I restored my stock 4.21 backup, flashed stock recovery to take the 4.22 update, reflashed latest twrp and the root fix option worked perfectly.

The screen timeout option is very nice also. Keep up the great work.
26th February 2013, 03:19 AM   |  #210  
Warren, MI

1,360 posts
I just made a backup and restored it. The only odd or different thing was right at the end of the restore the screen went black, I thought it was rebooting but a screen came up for "swipe to unlock". I've never seen this before. It rebooted and seems fine so far.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread