I've programmed a small windows tool to add the multiwindow option to almost every apk file.
Disclaimer: Please follow the instructions at your own risk. I will not be held responsible if your device or its data gets damaged in the process of following this guide.
1. Copy the wanted app with a root explorer from data/app (installed apps) system/app (system apps) to a mountable storage like /sdcard or /mnt/extSdCard
2. Connect your device to the Windows PC and copy the stored apps (see section 1) to your pc.
3. Start the Tool and select the files (see section 2) as source path
4. If you have selected the selection mode folder you can select the wanted apps in the list by checking the boxes.
5. Select a destination Path
6. Execute the tool by pressing the green triangle at the top.
7. Copy the modified app to the tablet
8. Backup the app with an backup app (i recommend titanium backup)
9. Uninstall the app
10. Install the modified apk
11. Restore the produced backup data (only data not application)
12. You should now be possible to select the app in the multiwindow view.
Justfresh (Great Found of the method adding multiwindow property by manipulating XML-Tags)
Justinchi (informations + test-apks)
Java (please install the right one x86 (32 Bit) x64 (64 Bit) you find here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp )
.net Framework 2.0 or higher (preinstalled in windows vista and higher)
If you have any feedback please send it to me.
For all of you, who don't have root access, don't have time or just are lazy:
Already modded apps you can find here (by JustFlesh) and here (by TheSanitarium)
In case of an error please complete the following error-formular:
- Startet app as administrator? [ ] Yes [ ] No
- Error log in "C:\Users\[Your Windwos Account]\Documents\multiviewapmodifier.log" written? [ ] Yes [ ] No
- In case of yes: text of the errorlog?
- Error on every APK or just one? [ ] every [ ] one
- In case of one: which one?
- In case of one: which version of the app?
- (optional) in case of one: provide the APK
- Which selection mode of the tool do you use?
- At which step in the tool does the error occure?
Hope you like it