[Tool] Add Multiwindow-option to almost every apk files

Search This thread

goodwinod

Jun 21, 2011
This is the coolest!! Thanks. I tried it with the Softmaker apps and it worked perfectly.

If you use Root Explorer all the apps are found in Data -> app

Hope that helps.

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
If you have the app installed on your device you can get the apk off of your own device using a file browser such as root explorer. System apps are in /system/app and apps you installed from the play store or side loaded are in /data/app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Leppin

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010
I'm on Windows 8 and I have the same problem. I just downloaded the tool NOW and it says job finished, but no APK file on the output folder.

bert269

Account currently disabled
Jul 17, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Same issue...No .apk in destination folder..

Have the latest version downloaded,run it as administrator, select the source .apk and specify the empty destination directory.
Choose the "File" option (What does "folder" option do?))

Hit the play button, reports it's done, but there is nothing in the destination directory.

Is the lenght of the destination/source directories an issue?
Can it be on any drive?

Running WIndows 7SP1

thanks

Leppin

Jul 25, 2011
Have the latest version downloaded,run it as administrator, select the source .apk and specify the empty destination directory.
Choose the "File" option (What does "folder" option do?))

Hit the play button, reports it's done, but there is nothing in the destination directory.

Is the lenght of the destination/source directories an issue?
Can it be on any drive?

Running WIndows 7SP1

thanks

The Path shouldn't be longer than 255 charakters does the log in C:\Users\[Your Windwos Account]\Documents\multiviewapmodifier.log exists? if yes please send me the value of it

Don't have windows 8 but will have a look at the laptop of a friend please be patient

Reactions: stoney73

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010
The Path shouldn't be longer than 255 charakters does the log in C:\Users\[Your Windwos Account]\Documents\multiviewapmodifier.log exists? if yes please send me the value of it

Don't have windows 8 but will have a look at the laptop of a friend please be patient

Here's mine on Windows 8 64-bit.

Code:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at MultiwindowAPKModifier.SourceFile.Decompile(String destinationFolder)
   at MultiwindowAPKModifier.Form1.bckWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)==================================
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at MultiwindowAPKModifier.Form1.bckWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)==================================

theoneofgod

Dec 1, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Not working here.

Says compiled but there's no new file in destination folder.

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I've attached the .apk

Tried other .apks, same result.

Attachments

• AppItem.apk
    38.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Leppin

Jul 25, 2011
Here's mine on Windows 8 64-bit.

Code:

Not working here.

Says compiled but there's no new file in destination folder.

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I've attached the .apk

Tried other .apks, same result.

have you installed the 64 bit Version of Java from here? http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
a friend of mine don't had any problems with windows 8 yet. Dont have a windows xp 64 bit version :(

theoneofgod

Dec 1, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
have you installed the 64 bit Version of Java from here? http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
a friend of mine don't had any problems with windows 8 yet. Dont have a windows xp 64 bit version :(

I'll do that and report back.

Same here!

Beta3 did the trick.

Recompiled K-9 Mail in Multiwindow mode and it's working fine!

Thanks man

dREI

I should get my Note 10.1 tomorrow, can't wait to do this. I use K-9 Mail too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

I've programmed a small windows tool to add the multiwindow option to almost every apk file.

Disclaimer: Please follow the instructions at your own risk. I will not be held responsible if your device or its data gets damaged in the process of following this guide.

Instructions:
    1. Copy the wanted app with a root explorer from data/app (installed apps) system/app (system apps) to a mountable storage like /sdcard or /mnt/extSdCard
    2. Connect your device to the Windows PC and copy the stored apps (see section 1) to your pc.
    3. Start the Tool and select the files (see section 2) as source path
    4. If you have selected the selection mode folder you can select the wanted apps in the list by checking the boxes.
    5. Select a destination Path
    6. Execute the tool by pressing the green triangle at the top.
    7. Copy the modified app to the tablet
    8. Backup the app with an backup app (i recommend titanium backup)
    9. Uninstall the app
    10. Install the modified apk
    11. Restore the produced backup data (only data not application)
    12. You should now be possible to select the app in the multiwindow view.

Credits:
    Daneshm90 (APK-Multitool)
    Brut.all (Apktool)
    Justfresh (Great Found of the method adding multiwindow property by manipulating XML-Tags)
    Justinchi (informations + test-apks)

Requirements:
    JellyBean
    Java (please install the right one x86 (32 Bit) x64 (64 Bit) you find here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp )
    .net Framework 2.0 or higher (preinstalled in windows vista and higher)

If you have any feedback please send it to me.

For all of you, who don't have root access, don't have time or just are lazy:
    Already modded apps you can find here (by JustFlesh) and here (by TheSanitarium)

In case of an error please complete the following error-formular:

• Error-description?
    • Startet app as administrator? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    • Error log in "C:\Users\[Your Windwos Account]\Documents\multiviewapmodifier.log" written? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    • In case of yes: text of the errorlog?
    • Error on every APK or just one? [ ] every [ ] one
    • In case of one: which one?
    • In case of one: which version of the app?
    • (optional) in case of one: provide the APK
    • Which selection mode of the tool do you use?
    • At which step in the tool does the error occure?

Hope you like it :)
    Ok ppl, look the guy made a good tool. He said he's not a dev so stop heckling the guy about making it an app. This is why ppl stop making stuff....Use what he made and post in General Section to request a dev for it.
    The idea of this app is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Too much to ask to have this be an Android app that can operate right on tablet? :fingers-crossed:
    Do we download and run the tool then select the apk or what ..

yes, you have to download the tool (its a windows application), run it, select a source and destination path for the apk and then press the execute button, after that you have to reinstall the modified apk and voilà the app should be displayed in the multiscreen window =) very usefull for people who use an alternative browser like chrome or just want to launch the 2 favorite apps at the same time. But as i told you, there are some apps which doesn't can get modified like uccw (problem with the used decompile/recompile interface) if you have any problems pls first try to run it as administrator :)

greets
    And also apk can't be downloaded from play store. You have to search it online.

What I did was use ES File Explorer, chose Manage Apps and long pressed on an app I wanted to use and chose BACKUP. This created an APK that I was able to work with.