5,599,911 Members 45,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My N10 Keeps freezing and resetting

Tip us?

mstroud
Old
Thanks Meter 698

DONATE TO ME
I am also seeing the reboots happening every 3 to 4 hours like clockwork. I didn't have the device for more than a few minutes before the first update was pushed to it, so I can't say whether or not that was related. I do have HD Widgets installed, so I will pull it off and see if that helps slow the reboots down.

I'm using BootLog Uptime to keep track of the number and frequency of reboots. If this pattern holds, my money is on some kind of memory leak... just thinking from our own development experiences. Given how much higher the resolution is on the N10, I wouldn't count out some graphics heavy apps blowing through their heap much, much faster than on any previous Android device. We'll have to wait and see.
Phase 2 Industries
Android App Developer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recast | Impel | Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

abc21043
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just called Google and asked for replacement. I hope they aired new updates at the time my replacement arrived.
BTW, I had to initiated factory reset five or six times until it finally clears all data. Never saw Google product so buggy before.

Jayrod1980
Old
Thanks Meter 592
That's a real bummer. Mine doesn't reset or display any of those problems. I have a tiny bit of light bleed in one corner at full brightness and the screen seems to have gotten a little more yellow over time... maybe just the glue drying. If any of you are brave and don't want to return right away, unlock the bootloader and reflash the stock image from google and see if that fixes things. It can help if there was some sort of corruption when you updated.

djflan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You may want to wait on that RMA. I had the same trouble with HD widgets installed.

No trouble at all since uninstalling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankerton View Post
It has happened several times caused by various apps such as chrome, play store, dolphin after downloading something. Screen freezes and system eventually resets on it's own. Is anyone else having this problem?

Build: JOP40C

NiXXeD
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
I've never even touched hd widgets and have had two lock ups since I got it on Friday. Both occurred when task switching back to chrome and it was loading a previously viewed web page. Both times I was able to tap the power button to shut off the screen but couldn't wake it up. It eventually reset itself. It boots in like 5 seconds so it's not too terrible to wait for a software update, but I wonder what is causing it?
If I did something awesome, buy me a drink!

djflan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think Chrome has some major bugs to be squashed when running on this device....mine has only crashed when browsing. That said, after uninstalling HD widgets, no crashes since...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXXeD View Post
I've never even touched hd widgets and have had two lock ups since I got it on Friday. Both occurred when task switching back to chrome and it was loading a previously viewed web page. Both times I was able to tap the power button to shut off the screen but couldn't wake it up. It eventually reset itself. It boots in like 5 seconds so it's not too terrible to wait for a software update, but I wonder what is causing it?

mstroud
Old
Thanks Meter 698

DONATE TO ME
I'd like to update my results. From last night, just like djflan, I removed HD Widgets and so far, 7 hours later, the crashes are gone. So I have my fingers crossed that I've found my culprit.

Also, I installed the HoloWeb browser and I have found it to be quite a bit quicker and more stable than Chrome. For those of you have issues with Chrome it is worth a few moments to track this app down (here on XDA) and give it a try.

Some of you may not have remembered or gone through the Android 3.x transition, but these kinds of issues were very prevalent during that update as well. Many developers simply don't or can't test on a wide enough range of devices and OS combinations to catch all the issues, or they rely heavily on assumptions or code that "always worked fine" in the past. I think we're seeing the same sorts of behaviors again with 4.2, so it will take a couple of months for it all to shake out.

For now I think I have a stable configuration on the Nexus 10 and I'm sticking with the device. No RMAs will solve issues that are software related in my case.
Phase 2 Industries
Android App Developer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recast | Impel | Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

orate.cl
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Removed hd widgets, no crashes yet.

Asaken
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I get the same random reboots and I've never used the fancy widget app. it has happened 3 times already. One I was browsing, another time deleting a widget and the last one when I tried to change the wallpaper. Everytime I had to hold the power button 5-6 seconds until it reboot

Enviado desde mi Nexus 10 usando Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Asaken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sdmark
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I spoke to soon earlier... I actually had 2 restarts today. Once while chrome attempted to open a link from tapatalk and another while trying to load one of the free magazines in the play app.
I don't have hd widgets installed either

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2