Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[LINUX] [MAC OSX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.3.0 (Unlock, Root, CWM, Factory)

OP tatelucas

18th November 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #1  
tatelucas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 308
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.3.0


NOW COMPATIBLE WITH MAC OSX!!!


Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit is a bash script based program that offers an easy way
to do all you need to do before flashing a custom ROM on your Nexus device.

It works with:

1. Nexus 4 [mako]
2. Nexus 10 [manta]
3. Nexus 7 (WiFi) [grouper]
4. Nexus 7 (GSM) [tilapia]
5. Galaxy Nexus (GSM) [maguro]
6. Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) [toro]
7. Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) [toroplus]
8. Nexus S (worldwide version, i9020t and i9023) [crespo]
9. Nexus S (850MHz version, i9020a) [crespo]
10. Nexus S (Korea version, m200) [crespo]
11. Nexus S 4G (d720) [crespo4g]

With this toolkit you will be able to:

- Unlock the bootloader.
- Flash CWM recovery (Standard or Touch).
- Root the phone.
- Lock the bootloader.
- Flash Google Factory Image. (Not available for Sprint Galaxy Nexus)

DOWNLOAD IT FOR LINUX HERE

DOWNLOAD IT FOR MAC OSX HERE

Galaxy Nexus Linux Toolkit is Open Source! See the CODE

HOW TO EXECUTE:
Please extract the .tgz in the place you want, for example in /home/user
Open a terminal and type the following:
>user@linuxormac: cd "THE PATH WHERE IS THE unltlauncher.sh FILE"
>user@linuxormac: bash ./unltlauncher.sh
If you extract it in /home/user/unlt, the path to the .sh must be /home/user/unlt
so you have to type:
>user@linuxormac: cd /home/user/unlt
>user@linuxormac: bash ./unltlauncher.sh

Note: If you're running on a 64 bits OS, please install 32 bits libraries. If you're running on Linux and you didn't configure UDEV rules for your device, please run the script with superuser permissions (sudo bash unltlauncher.sh)

Here are some SCREENSHOTS:













I hope you will find it useful!
P.S. Sorry for my English. I'm from Argentina!
Last edited by tatelucas; 6th December 2013 at 05:30 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tatelucas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2012, 05:08 AM   |  #2  
tatelucas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 308
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
NOTE FOR THOSE WHO DOWNLOAD unlt200.sh instead of the actual unlt201.sh: Please download unlt201.sh because the toolkit will not work on Nexus 10 if you are running unlt200.sh. The new version has the new CWM recovery.
Last edited by tatelucas; 18th November 2012 at 05:11 AM.
18th November 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Is there anyway this can be used with windows? I am not familiar with Linux but I've been looking around for a windows version of the nexus 10 toolkit
18th November 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #4  
Komodo Rogue's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 102
 
303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thcaddict

Is there anyway this can be used with windows? I am not familiar with Linux but I've been looking around for a windows version of the nexus 10 toolkit

I'm wondering this too. I know that virtual machines can be touchy, especially when USB interfaces are involved, so I don't want to try that. Maybe a regular live DVD, or we could use the Wubi installer for ubuntu? I don't know if it's possible to install 32 bit libraries on a live DVD... but I guess I can just download a 32 bit ubuntu image if I go that route (if I can find a blank DVD somewhere!)
19th November 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #5  
tatelucas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 308
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo Rogue

I'm wondering this too. I know that virtual machines can be touchy, especially when USB interfaces are involved, so I don't want to try that. Maybe a regular live DVD, or we could use the Wubi installer for ubuntu? I don't know if it's possible to install 32 bit libraries on a live DVD... but I guess I can just download a 32 bit ubuntu image if I go that route (if I can find a blank DVD somewhere!)

As Komodo said, a virtual machine is not recommended for running programs which involve USB interfaces.
Try running Ubuntu from a 32 bits Live CD. But I really recommend to have a Linux OS on hard drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to tatelucas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #6  
fham's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by thcaddict

Is there anyway this can be used with windows? I am not familiar with Linux but I've been looking around for a windows version of the nexus 10 toolkit

There does exist a Toolkit that peforms the same functions as this one but it is meant solely for the Galaxy Nexus. It works on Win xp, Vista, 7 (both 32 and 64 bit versions). I have used the Win 7 64 bit to unlock and root my GNex.

Check my signature for the link to mskip's GNex Toolkit. mskip is an incredibly helpful person, maybe you guys can persuade him to alter his Toolkit to mirror tatelucas' [OP] Toolkit functionality.

As far as Linux is concerned, I am an old history prof. who has learnt linux myself. It is by far the easiest OS to get into but requires patience to learn the command line structure. I run Mint Maya on an old Windows xp box (secondary machine) to tool around Linux and it functions much better than the OS it originally came with.

Good luck.

I am going to try this on a friend's Nexus S (crespo) on Mint Maya and will report back. It should work as Mint takes off of Ubuntu.
Last edited by fham; 20th November 2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Provide additional info
20th November 2012, 02:00 AM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fham

There does exist a Toolkit that peforms the same functions as this one but it is meant solely for the Galaxy Nexus. It works on Win xp, Vista, 7 (both 32 and 64 bit versions). I have used the Win 7 64 bit to unlock and root my GNex.

Check my signature for the link to mskip's GNex Toolkit. mskip is an incredibly helpful person, maybe you guys can persuade him to alter his Toolkit to mirror tatelucas' [OP] Toolkit functionality.

As far as Linux is concerned, I am an old history prof. who has learnt linux myself. It is by far the easiest OS to get into but requires patience to learn the command line structure. I run Mint Maya on an old Windows xp box (secondary machine) to tool around Linux and it functions much better than the OS it originally came with.

Good luck.

I am going to try this on a friend's Nexus S (crespo) on Mint Maya and will report back. It should work as Mint takes off of Ubuntu.

has anyone confirmed this to work on Linux? or does it still need to be tested? Im running Ubuntu live cd right now because i wanted to try it, but because i am not familiar at all with linux, i wiould really prefer not to be the guinea pig.
20th November 2012, 02:36 AM   |  #8  
newellj79's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 246
 
2,143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Well, if the 32gb variety ever comes into stock again somewhere I'll be using this...
20th November 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #9  
vowywowy's Avatar
Member
Flag Oshawa
Thanks Meter: 11
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Got to the part where you choose automatic or manual and then it does nothing... I press a then enter and nothing happens.
20th November 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #10  
tatelucas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 308
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vowywowy

Got to the part where you choose automatic or manual and then it does nothing... I press a then enter and nothing happens.

Case Sensitive

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
maguro, mako, manta, nexus, root
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes