5,597,198 Members 43,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LINUX] [MAC OSX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.3.0 (Unlock, Root, CWM, Factory)

Tip us?

mmhama2
Old
(Last edited by mmhama2; 1st December 2012 at 09:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
So I just unlocked the bootloader on my nexus 10 with this tool and my device isn't booting.... just sitting on the boot animation forever. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

***edit*** So I got this problem fixed. If I had to guess I would say that after unlocking the bootloader the factory reset that is run doesn't wipe well enough. I used this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=32 as the fix and my N10 booted right back up.

vwvanman
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Hi, I'm having trouble with this. I'm running Kubuntu 12.04 trying to root a Nexus 10, ran the script and unlocked the boot loader. Now the device boot loops. I can force it to boot into recovery, so flashed ClockworkMod and then did a factory reset and fixed permissions and wiped the cashes (just in case) but the device still boot loops.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance

newellj79
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwvanman View Post
Hi, I'm having trouble with this. I'm running Kubuntu 12.04 trying to root a Nexus 10, ran the script and unlocked the boot loader. Now the device boot loops. I can force it to boot into recovery, so flashed ClockworkMod and then did a factory reset and fixed permissions and wiped the cashes (just in case) but the device still boot loops.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance
Try the factory reset option in recovery. Had the same problem and that got me squared away.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to newellj79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vwvanman
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by newellj79 View Post
Try the factory reset option in recovery. Had the same problem and that got me squared away.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
Found these instructions which solved the problem (thanks to WugFresh)

If you were to bootloop after an unlock, the procedure would just be to factory reset. Once you unlock, the only way to relock is to run the fastboot oem lock command explicitly or use the toolkits OEM lock button. A factory reset only wipes user data and cache and resets system settings to default.

If you were to bootloop after an unlock, you would first power down; hold the power button until your device turned off. Then you would turn it back on while holding both volume buttons at the same time (so the power button and both the up and down volume buttons)... this will bring you into bootloader mode, where you will see a big green START. Use the volume buttons a few times to turn that big green START to the red RECOVERY. Select recovery by using the power button once, then you will see an android on its back with an exclamation mark.

Once you see that screen (which is the pre-screen to stock recovery), just short press all three buttons (both volume buttons and the power button) at the same time to bring up the stock recovery menu. There you will see an option to factory reset, which you can highlight with the volume button, and select with the power button.

So..

1. Unlock
2. Power down
3. Boot back up with all three buttons
4. Select "Recovery"
5. Short press all three buttons to see the stock recovery menu
6. Perform a factory reset

Then just let it boot back up

tman7510
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default port to galaxy note 2

I love that the community has a toolkit for Linux. I also would like to have a toolkit for the galaxy note 2. Is there any way this can be done? I will donate to have a version. There is already a windows version but would like to use Linux with my note 2

Thanks

tatelucas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman7510 View Post
I love that the community has a toolkit for Linux. I also would like to have a toolkit for the galaxy note 2. Is there any way this can be done? I will donate to have a version. There is already a windows version but would like to use Linux with my note 2

Thanks
I will try to do it, but I don't guarantee nothing. Please wait 2 weeks. I finish my final exams last week and now with Christmas and New Year Eve I will not be able to work on it. Hope you will understand.
tatelucas
Developer from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Buy me a coffee if you found useful my work!

newellj79
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman7510 View Post

Thanks
Yes, I could really use a Linux based version for the sprint galaxy note 2.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

KlaymenDK
Old
(Last edited by KlaymenDK; 7th January 2013 at 09:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Angry Be cautious!

Last time I rooted a phone, it was the Desire Z which of course had a replaceable SD card. Doing a factory reset on such a device left the SD card (and, thus, "/sdcard") intact.

For the Nexus 4, this thing resets EVERYTHING on internal memory -- including "/sdcard" and the holiday photos etc...! And it even does so from the very first step, unlocking the boot loader (I mention this because it does not seem obvious, in contrast to when flashing a new ROM).

It's been a long time since I last lost data, but there it is. You might want to include this warning on the front page, so nobody else needs to lose more data than they are aware of.

By the way - Nexus 4 users - use the NEWER software in this other thread! I had problems with the software here ("unlt201.tgz"), resulting in a broken recovery, but with the newer software ("unlt202.tgz") it sailed right through.

tatelucas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296

DONATE TO ME
Updated to 2.1.0
tatelucas
Developer from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Buy me a coffee if you found useful my work!

Tesla67
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Re: [LINUX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.1.0 (Unlock, Lock, Root, CWM, Factory Re

Heyyy I was wondering if it is only unlocking that caused the requirement of a factory reset. I already unlocked mine and had to reset and don't feel like having to download nova again -.- so....... am I going to have to reset if I root or is it only with unlocking?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Tags
maguro, mako, manta, nexus, root