[ROM][11/18/2012] PAC-Man v16.1 Unofficial

Search This thread

MyComputerDoctor

pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

I take no credit for the work put in on this project. This is simply a PORT for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro)

This ROM is a combination of all Super ROM's Available
Paranoid + Aokp + Cyanogen = PAC-man
Why Choose Among ROM's , When You have All-In-One !

Built from Android v4.1.2 Source

Can't settle on a ROM.. Like one rom, but wish it had features of another... Well look no further...
PAC-man is a unique ROM. We have picked the best features from CM10, AOKP and
PA and combined them in a single ROM so you get the experience you deserve To
enjoy the features of every available project without the hassle of flashing regularly.
The Rom is rock stable for an average user but keep in mind the ROM is in WIP stage
so expect some minor hickups but we are trying our best to resolve these issues.

Downloads:

PAC-Man v16.1 for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

MD5: 6b62a6c5d23ca26aae8b30fa718fde43

GAPPS 4.1.2 - 4.2 Hybrid with Auto-App Restore

MD5: 9e653132f822872a6dba5ccc581e686b

Installation:

1. Download ROM and GApps
2. Boot into recovery
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Wipe Cache
5. Wipe Dalvik
6. Go to Install Zip from SDcard, then choose ZIP from SDcard
7. Flash ROM and then flash GApps
8. Reboot Device
9. Enjoy the the wonderful world of PAC-man

CM team
ParanoidAndroid team
PACman Team

sigpic4783038_4.gif

Last edited:

gorillabiscuit

Oct 8, 2009
Excited! I jumped on FactoryROM and loved it... Question. Can I flash the 4.2 gapps without issue, or should I use the hybrid?

gorillabiscuit

Oct 8, 2009
I'm liking it so far... a little of everything. AOKP controls, CM profiles, PA settings screen... I'm reporting two odd things:

1. SuperUser pop ups are extremely large and slightly out of focus.

Is there any benefit to SuperSU vs. SuperUser?

2. I have two sets of nav bar toggles. One looks like AOKP (swagger button) and the other is above it. I've attached a screenshot in case that helps...

~GB

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-18-14-26-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-18-14-26-30.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,749

serx7

Mar 21, 2011
I'm liking it so far... a little of everything. AOKP controls, CM profiles, PA settings screen... I'm reporting two odd things:

1. SuperUser pop ups are extremely large and slightly out of focus.

Is there any benefit to SuperSU vs. SuperUser?

2. I have two sets of nav bar toggles. One looks like AOKP (swagger button) and the other is above it. I've attached a screenshot in case that helps...

~GB

click on SuperSU & update binaries for it and the Superuser mondo popups will be replaced by normal sized SuperSU popups.

The toggles are AOKP, the power widget thing is CM. they can be independently enabled/disabled. ROM Control for the toggles, System/Notification Drawer for the power widget.

Reactions: gorillabiscuit

gorillabiscuit

Oct 8, 2009
click on SuperSU & update binaries for it and the Superuser mondo popups will be replaced by normal sized SuperSU popups.

The toggles are AOKP, the power widget thing is CM. they can be independently enabled/disabled. ROM Control for the toggles, System/Notification Drawer for the power widget.
Pardon my ignorance but I don't see an option to update binaries. Also... I don't know if this matters but SuperSU isn't installed on this ROM, just Superuser.

I found the duplicate buttons menus. the AOKP menu and CM menu conflict a little I guess.

Thanks,

~GB

serx7

Mar 21, 2011
Pardon my ignorance but I don't see an option to update binaries. Also... I don't know if this matters but SuperSU isn't installed on this ROM, just Superuser.

I found the duplicate buttons menus. the AOKP menu and CM menu conflict a little I guess.

Thanks,

~GB

hmm, i flashed PAC-man clean and have both SuperUser and SuperSU. i dunno...

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

oh i think I know what happened. SuperSU must've gotten auto-restored when the Play Store did its thing after i booted up after flashing the ROM (i checked & it's installed as a user app).

ok. then i guess if you install SuperSU from the Play Store, you won't get the mondo superuser request popups :)

JustusIV

Jan 11, 2008
I was eagerly awaiting this rom to land on the toro, however I think the next rom i am going to flash is going to be 4.2, just to try it.
Unless this rom is godly!

gorillabiscuit

Oct 8, 2009
It would be tits if it had a PacMan boot animation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
If you can find the PacMan boot animation you can apply a custom boot animation from the ROM Control menu.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

hmm, i flashed PAC-man clean and have both SuperUser and SuperSU. i dunno...

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

oh i think I know what happened. SuperSU must've gotten auto-restored when the Play Store did its thing after i booted up after flashing the ROM (i checked & it's installed as a user app).

ok. then i guess if you install SuperSU from the Play Store, you won't get the mondo superuser request popups :)
Is there really any benefit to having both SuperUser and SuperSU installed? Don't they do the same thing? I'm all for ditching the mondo pop ups, but is there a real benefit?

serx7

Mar 21, 2011
If you can find the PacMan boot animation you can apply a custom boot animation from the ROM Control menu.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Is there really any benefit to having both SuperUser and SuperSU installed? Don't they do the same thing? I'm all for ditching the mondo pop ups, but is there a real benefit?

not sure, but SuperSU was preinstalled on another ROM i was on & simply got auto restored by the Play Store after i flashed PAC-man. the elimination of the mondo popups was just a side observation i made. unless i find out a reason not to just leave things as-is, i'll just leave things as-is.

gorillabiscuit

Oct 8, 2009
Is anyone else having WiFi "signal" issues? I use quotes because it appears to be working fine, but I'm almost sitting on my router and I have 1 bar...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

I take no credit for the work put in on this project. This is simply a PORT for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro)

This ROM is a combination of all Super ROM's Available
    Paranoid + Aokp + Cyanogen = PAC-man
    Why Choose Among ROM's , When You have All-In-One !

Built from Android v4.1.2 Source

Can't settle on a ROM.. Like one rom, but wish it had features of another... Well look no further...
    PAC-man is a unique ROM. We have picked the best features from CM10, AOKP and
    PA and combined them in a single ROM so you get the experience you deserve To
    enjoy the features of every available project without the hassle of flashing regularly.
    The Rom is rock stable for an average user but keep in mind the ROM is in WIP stage
    so expect some minor hickups but we are trying our best to resolve these issues.

Downloads:

PAC-Man v16.1 for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

MD5: 6b62a6c5d23ca26aae8b30fa718fde43

GAPPS 4.1.2 - 4.2 Hybrid with Auto-App Restore

MD5: 9e653132f822872a6dba5ccc581e686b

Installation:

1. Download ROM and GApps
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe Cache
    5. Wipe Dalvik
    6. Go to Install Zip from SDcard, then choose ZIP from SDcard
    7. Flash ROM and then flash GApps
    8. Reboot Device
    9. Enjoy the the wonderful world of PAC-man

CM team
    ParanoidAndroid team
    PACman Team

sigpic4783038_4.gif

My WiFi is working great now, just modified the zip from the original WiFi fix when 4.1 first hit. You can download the flashable zip here: https://www.box.com/shared/1f9nqvkwi01zyrx0xnxl
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    Hey sorry flashable paranoid preferences are out there however I could get them to work paranoid was my previous ROM so I extracted it from dark PA

Paranoid preferences are on page 1 post 6 of the thread. Just download and move the .apk to system/app and set permissions the same as the other .apks there. Then just reboot and you will see the PA settings between system and ROM Control. Also, when you have the PA Preferences you can fix the SuperUser app from being so large. Just go to Settings>Paranoid Settings>Apps>SuperUser>slide to layout/ui and change setting from 360 to 720 then back to 360 and save. You may need to restart afterwards.
    Hahahahaha I was like WHERE ARE THE DOWNLOADS???? You might want to edit the text color on them maybe. Hidden on XDA app. :D

Okay, flashing now. Looks promising:)
    Seems to me like if you don't have a DNA, you won't have an MCD ROM anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2