Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 39,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAMES] Nexus 10 Gaming Thread

Tip us?
 
sebbo90
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 394
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 View Post
I agree with you. Setting it to 100% does lag. Don't know how that other guy isn't lagging.
Is there a way to display fps and I'll have a run and see what I get
 
espionage724
Old
#22  
espionage724's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 505
Posts: 2,501
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleroi, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbo90 View Post
Is there a way to display fps and I'll have a run and see what I get
Not that I know of, I was just guessing at the FPS basically, but in any case, there does seem to be a noticible drop in performance when comparing even 50% screen resolution, to 100%


Device Ownership:
 

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
 
espionage724
Old
(Last edited by espionage724; 22nd November 2012 at 04:14 AM.)
#23  
espionage724's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 505
Posts: 2,501
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleroi, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
So anyone else happen to have any feedback or confirms on the following issues about the FPS on the following games?

Beat Hazard Ultra (Demo) (laggy menu, not 60 FPS in-game)
Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game (30-40 FPS in-game)
Minecraft - Pocket Ed. Demo ("jagged" FPS with Fancy Graphics, not 60 FPS)
osu!droid (Multi-touch spam causes beats to lock up)
Grand Theft Auto III (low FPS at highest settings; great FPS at highest settings with screen resolution at 50%, until gun fire, smoke, etc.)


Device Ownership:
 

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
 
sebbo90
Old
#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 394
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
Not that I know of, I was just guessing at the FPS basically, but in any case, there does seem to be a noticible drop in performance when comparing even 50% screen resolution, to 100%
The start of this video it seems to be running smooth too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M12ineGx1BA
 
espionage724
Old
#25  
espionage724's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 505
Posts: 2,501
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleroi, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbo90 View Post
The start of this video it seems to be running smooth too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M12ineGx1BA
He doesn't change draw distance nor screen resolution at all: http://youtu.be/M12ineGx1BA?t=1m23s (2nd and 3rd sliders from top)


Device Ownership:
 

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
 
sebbo90
Old
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 394
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
He doesn't change draw distance nor screen resolution at all: http://youtu.be/M12ineGx1BA?t=1m23s (2nd and 3rd sliders from top)
my bad I just kind of skimmed through the video and just heard the bit where he said he had maxed everything out, obvs he didnt
 
Sartanus
Old
#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 17
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottetown
Yeah, FPS drops off when I crank 50 -> 100% resolution with max settings.

I found somewhere around 75% was the threshold I noticed when performance drop that I found distasteful, I suspect this threshold would vary by person depending on their own personal tolerance/perception.
 
Evostance
Old
#28  
Evostance's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 330
Posts: 1,478
Join Date: Nov 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
OP - Add this link into the post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mZBSUZzSkVqRkE

It's a Google Drive spreadsheet of all the apps and links which are compatible

Will be much easier for people just to update this than to keep updating the thread
[SIZE="1"]Current Phone: Nexus 5 16GB | ROM: Stock
[SIZE="1"]Current Tablet: Nexus 10 | ROM: Sto

Follow me on Twitter
Circle me on G+
The Following User Says Thank You to Evostance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jarjar124
Old
#29  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3619
Posts: 3,629
Join Date: Apr 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evostance View Post
OP - Add this link into the post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mZBSUZzSkVqRkE

It's a Google Drive spreadsheet of all the apps and links which are compatible

Will be much easier for people just to update this than to keep updating the thread
got it

oh yeah....ITS BLACK FRIDAY!! WHICH MEANS "BIG" SALES! Google Play is having a sale as well so go and check this list out http://www.androidcentral.com/black-...round-updating
 
Evostance
Old
#30  
Evostance's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 330
Posts: 1,478
Join Date: Nov 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarjar124 View Post
got it

oh yeah....ITS BLACK FRIDAY!! WHICH MEANS "BIG" SALES! Google Play is having a sale as well so go and check this list out http://www.androidcentral.com/black-...round-updating

Let people to know they can edit it. It's a public file
[SIZE="1"]Current Phone: Nexus 5 16GB | ROM: Stock
[SIZE="1"]Current Tablet: Nexus 10 | ROM: Sto

Follow me on Twitter
Circle me on G+

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes