FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HTC One SU (T528w)

18th November 2012, 08:50 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello, everybody!
First I would like to apologize for posting in the wrong section, I think, but I couldn't find a more suitable one.
So, I just got a dual sim HTC One SU made for the Chinese market. The phone is very ok. I was wondering if anyone got a similar one and tried to flash a custom ROM. I, for one, thought about flashing the stock Android 4 for HTC One S, since the SU is based on it, but did not manage to install a recovery tool in the first place (cwm, twrp, etc.).
So any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
 
 
19th November 2012, 02:24 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinburtea

Hello, everybody!
First I would like to apologize for posting in the wrong section, I think, but I couldn't find a more suitable one.
So, I just got a dual sim HTC One SU made for the Chinese market. The phone is very ok. I was wondering if anyone got a similar one and tried to flash a custom ROM. I, for one, thought about flashing the stock Android 4 for HTC One S, since the SU is based on it, but did not manage to install a recovery tool in the first place (cwm, twrp, etc.).
So any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Which Build you have? (2.15, 1.11....)
19th November 2012, 07:49 AM |#3  
usaff22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Thanks Meter: 1,496
 
More
Can you post a screenshot of your software details?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
19th November 2012, 07:53 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So, the phone runs Android 4.0.4 with HTC Sense 4.1; software number: 1.0.0.T528w; HTC SDK API level 4.25; kernel version 3.0.8+-g80c6f4b root@ABM020 #1 SMP PREEMPT; Baseband version 553.13.03.00 -6.1212.14.12; build number 1.05.1402.3 CL115349

Hope this helps; if you need another info I'll be glad to share it.Thanks!
19th November 2012, 09:00 AM |#5  
usaff22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Thanks Meter: 1,496
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinburtea

So, the phone runs Android 4.0.4 with HTC Sense 4.1; software number: 1.0.0.T528w; HTC SDK API level 4.25; kernel version 3.0.8+-g80c6f4b root@ABM020 #1 SMP PREEMPT; Baseband version 553.13.03.00 -6.1212.14.12; build number 1.05.1402.3 CL115349

Hope this helps; if you need another info I'll be glad to share it.Thanks!

Do you have any software updates?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
19th November 2012, 09:32 AM |#6  
acerulz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 174
 
Donate to Me
More
Its not as same as HTC One S ... is dual SIM,4.3-inch WVGA display, 1GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB storage, 5MP camera (BSI sensor, F2.0, LED flash) with 720p video recording, HSPA+ connectivity, Wi-Fi, GPS, Beats Audio and a microSD slot.

oly advantage is micro SD SloT....
The Following User Says Thank You to acerulz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2012, 10:59 AM |#7  
usaff22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Thanks Meter: 1,496
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerulz

Its not as same as HTC One S ... is dual SIM,4.3-inch WVGA display, 1GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB storage, 5MP camera (BSI sensor, F2.0, LED flash) with 720p video recording, HSPA+ connectivity, Wi-Fi, GPS, Beats Audio and a microSD slot.

oly advantage is micro SD SloT....

In that case it's quite unlikely our recovery or ROMs will work, since it has a different SoC
The Following User Says Thank You to usaff22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2012, 11:28 AM |#8  
Troute's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Location Location.
Thanks Meter: 170
 
More
Specs show it to be a very different animal..

Dual Sim
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8225 1GHZ Dual Core
GPU:Adreno 203
OS: Android V4.0.4 ICS
Memory: 1GB / ROM :4GMB eMMC
MAX supports 32GB Class 12 Micro SD Memory Card (TF-Card)
Screen: 4.3 inch WVGA, 800*480,16M Colors, Super LCD2
Capacitive Multitouch Screen.
3G Network: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
2G Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 900/1800/1900 MHz Both Sims

It's almost like they are ripping off the Chinese HTC rip offs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Troute For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2012, 07:27 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
@usaff22
Quote:

Do you have any software updates?

The only updates it finds are 2 applications that I don't need (Weibo and Videos, original Chinese applications probably.

@Troute
Quote:

Specs show it to be a very different animal..

Indeed, but is not based on the S, hence the name SU?

Still, does anybody have an idea that might work? Otherwise I'll be stuck forever with this ROM.

Thanks.
20th November 2012, 07:30 AM |#10  
usaff22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Thanks Meter: 1,496
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinburtea

@usaff22 The only updates it finds are 2 applications that I don't need (Weibo and Videos, original Chinese applications probably.

@Troute Indeed, but is not based on the S, hence the name SU?

Still, does anybody have an idea that might work? Otherwise I'll be stuck forever with this ROM.

Thanks.

You can make your own ROM lol

None of the ROMs here will work, and doing so will most likely brick the device.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One S General by ThreadRank